Mt4 Freezing

Hi all

This is my first post. My MT4 keep freezing. I have installed it on with my live account on over six high spec Computers but still it freezes on all of them. Can anybody suggest anything?

I guess it is freezing when you are putting an indicator/EA on the charts right?

If that the case, then its the indicator or EA which might be buggy and causing the trouble...

If not, then try doing a clean install ...

Hope it helps

I don't know if you mean it freezes as in becoming completely unresponsive, or if it just stops getting prices, and therefore the ea stops trading.

However, if it seems to just stop getting prices, I've noticed that if you choke the bandwidth that it uses, it will act like it has no connection to the server and need to be restarted... i.e., if I pull a big file from my home server while MT4 is running, it stops getting price information.

I've not found a way to fix it, but you can easily test it to find out if that's what's happening.

I downloaded a free utility from 4xsignal.com , which restarts metatrader platform ( upto 5 ) in different timings. There is also an option not to restart during weekends.

This will also ensure platform is up & running and thus prevents all Memory issues.

Cheers !!!

Reason: