Bollonger bands based EA - page 2

dealstone:
Please see this screen shot that may help you to get how it works. Thank you.

since you open this thread,

please share this template..

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/51/gbpusdm60.gif

tq..

Hi all!

MANSTIR, how do you do ?

have you got any interesting results ?

cipyu, unfortunately, I did not saved that results so let me refer you to the files stored in #6 post within this thread; again,you can try to optimize one all alone.

Best,

Dealstone.

dealstone:
Hi all!

MANSTIR, how do you do ?

have you got any interesting results ?

cipyu, unfortunately, I did not saved that results so let me refer you to the files stored in #6 post within this thread; again,you can try to optimize one all alone.

Best,

Dealstone.

sorry my friend,

i've many things to do last few days...trading..works..bla..bla..blaa...maybe today or next weeks testing on ur ea...

hope u can deliver the .mq4 files here.. because many traders here want to see ur code...or u want commercialize or got some reason not to give us ur source code?

well manner, ur ea are among the best...

BB's system code page

Hi all!

Please see code page of my system in attachment. As you can see this code is easy enough, however, please forgive for my some code's misdoings since I've learned MQL for past two months.

There is a pure idea in this code,I've removed certain modules, like money management and trailing stop.

Hope it helps and we will find out the way how to improve one and to do it more useful

Best,

Dealstone.

Hi there!

Let me introduce the my EA based on Bollinger's bands (BB). The main idea is to buy when main BB is crossed by price bottom-up and vice-versa, - to sell when price crosses BB's main line top-down.

So that is the centerline (midline) of the bollinger bands, I suppose.

We have here some stops and limiters: there are addition levels that should prevent us to open position when price crossed BB main line by accident (levels 0.05/-0.05, 0.05 means 5 % of difference between BB's high and main lines),

I see....so you have a channel around the centerline (midline) to allow the price to wiggle

levels called h2 (0.4/-0.4) are StopLoss levels,

so this EA has order modify at each new candlestick

h3 is TakeProfit: if you bought, the level -0.4 would be a StopLoss,

You lost me here. Why would I buy the lower channel...that would have been the SL for the upper channel

and TakeProfit would be placed on level h3 (may be more or less than h2).

This assumes you trade goes against you and the SL goes wider too with ordermodify? Otherwise your TP (H3) could not be less than your SL (H2)

Also there is a limiter by market's volatility: the difference between level h3 and BB's main line is called delta, I set up high and low values (delta_h and delta correspondingly). EA cannot open new position if current “delta_h” is more or “delta” is less than predefiend values.

Nice

There is also trailing module that should control open position. If you opened posiion (buy for example), the stoploss would be set to the -h2 and takeprofit to the h3. SL level would be set to the “sl_dist1” level later on, if profit reached “sl_level1”, the “sl_dist2” level would be applied, and so on. No changes should be applied to the TakeProfit.

Very dynamic use of price action

Again, I set here money management module, that calculates last consecutive loss/profits and has separate value for each progression. For example, if we have a progression that consists of last 5 wins/losses, the “prk5” will be used as the volume of new position. All “prk” are set to the 0.01 lots by default.

The main difficulty I've been facing during the optimization process is the not so good results when was tested on the data that were out of recall.

Interesting. Could you go into a strategy using this module and why you would increase or rank a lotsize based on progression?

Please post your ideas/suggestions to this thread or PM me

I would need to forward test this EA and to do that I need you to share the COMPLETE MQ4 download without expiration dates. Why should I waste my time otherwise? This is an open source, public domain project right?

I think there are a lot of order modifies...maybe you are trying it on a volatile child like guppy no? Try H1 cable with the setfile in post#6 to see if your puter' locks up. Uncheck the box for "enable alerts" in the common tab of the Smiley...

ES

Roger_Taum:
Hi Dealstone, The EA is crushing my MT platform. What could be the reason? Thanks.

Hi all!

To ElectricSavant: please see my post #13, I've published the source code there without Money-Management module.

I performed some changes, for example, the order's SL & TP would be modified with the step 5 points.

Any questions ? Please post ones here

----------------------------------------------

Best,

Dealstone.

Where is magic number, input? it interferres with other EAs.

2009.06.26 14:13:33 BB_advTrailing USDJPYFXF,H1: Alert: Too calm market 0.4792

USDJPY with such a price?

Any forward tester from OCT? quiete place here