General - page 1714

[Deleted]
Hi All I wonder if anyone trading the markets with their mobiles (phones,pda etc) here. If thats the case, then i would like to hear a little about your experience if you dont mind. I mean, how is it? Is it the same like trading with the PC/Laptop? Can we use indicators etc? And everything else you
Hello to everyone in the forum I am a forex trader (swing trader) and developed some systems in Mt4 (that i am trading with some brokers), some people want me to manage some money for them and the want to use a different FX provider. The problem is that this provider doesn't have MT4. Any good...
Hi, I have seen many sources that use strings put into order comment as method to learn close reason. Like "[TP]" or "[SL]" or even "expiration". My issue with this is that I not think is reliable. I have read that is MT tester that does this. In real life trading there must be some way to decide on...
  Forex Newbie  (36   1 2 3 4)
Hi all, I am a newbie. I hope that I will learn a lot in this forum.
anybody have website or program to know the pric when market is closed
Hi, I am unable to receive quotes or charts from the three demo accounts I have with three brokers. This only happened this weekend. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problems. Thanks. Raymond.
Hi Obviously I'm new, very "green' and not very computor literate!!! I want to put 4hr pivot points (published in forexaction.com) on a 1hr chart daily pivot points on a 4 hour chart and 1 hour pivot points on a 1 hr chart! Metatrader4 doesn't have a pivot point indicator (that i can find) Any help...
  Translate Manuel  (2)
Hello, I would translate gladly mql the manual on my language and would make as homepage everyone accessible. is permitted general. do I have to consider something?
Does anyone know how to print a thread that will include the charts? It seems the Thread Tool for a printable version will only print the text and a link to the image instead of the actual image. Even though I have read through the entire thread, sometimes I just want a refresher as to what I have...
Hi All, I need code for the following function: I need to search back over any given number of bars and return the bar index # and the value of the bar with the greatest range from High to Low. i.e. something like: for(int i=1;i<50;i++){double range=high[i]-low[i];} Then I need to find which...
The definition of GlobalVariableSetOnCondition() says : << If there is no global variable, the function will generate error ERR_GLOBAL_VARIABLE_NOT_FOUND (4058) and return FALSE >> But if you execute :Print( "GlobalVariableSetOnCondition( \"GV_TEST\", 1.0, 2.0 ) returns "...
  News?  (1)
Hello, Is there a way to programatically search news items that appear on the News TAB on the Terminal window? Thank you, -charliev
  Mobile 5  (1)
Hello, Are there any .DLLs or an SDK available for Mobile 5? Thanks, -charliev
This is a regression channel program I came across. I have an idea that would help people filter out trend versus sideways markets. If the program could be modified to manually adjust the deviation from center line and incorporate an angle degree of tilt of the regression channel it would...
I keep many notes on coding. I do not have one to code this properly. I have researched string and others . . . to no avail. Please help! if(tradedirection==1) TD="UP"; Dave<<< Thanks in advance!!!!!!!
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm looking for a trend osc that will show me the condition of trend (up/down). Now, the osc must act in a simple way, sine wave runing inside its envelope , the sine wave must be abit compressed, it means that the slope will be abit sharp and the up/down side will be abit flat, i would also
Hi, My Name Is Mike I am very new on this forum and I trade manually on the forex since 2006. I have an indicator which is in MT4 that I would like to make a EA ( Moving Average ) . I have a Template file which you can put on any diagram. And I all will explain you in detail how to make the EA and
iBarShift() ... the function will return -1 or the nearest bar shift depending on the exact... The "nearest" keeps always an ambiguity, so I suggest that the function returns the first bar which time is less than or equal to the specified time. Please, look at this very common example : I have an...
Hi, I wish to change the color of a line (by a right click or/and by an expert) in the Trading panel. When we use different symbols or trading methods it's not so easy to see the difference in the grid. Thanks for your great work! Kind regards, Vincent
  refresh objects ?  (10)
Hi, Anybody please help me with the following code, which is in an indicator that draw lines showing ceiling and floor of today's price......it uses DAY HIGH and LOW price as quote. The problem is: when price breaks thru (i.e. new ceiling/floor price occurs) , the lines do not refresh automatically...
I believe this is the "Brick Indicator" from Tradestation....I KNOW that I have "bumped" into it in MT4 also.....any help would be appreciated!!! THX:)
  Debugging an EA  (11   1 2)
Hello, I need some advice on debugging MQL code. I've written an EA based on a system I formulated, but it needs to be debugged and I can't figure out how to do that in MT4. Any suggestions on how to debug an MA?
Hi all, I am searching a Free Yahoo Stock Quote Downloader that capable to download multiple EOD datas from Yahoo server. However I got difficulty in finding it. Could someone share me a link where to download it? Thanks. Best,
  How to debug?  (5)
This is probably a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer. How exactly do you debug an expert advisor? I just wrote one based on my own system, but it's going to need extensive debugging and I don't know where to start. I feel like I'm in way over my head.
  MT4 on server?  (4)
Is it possible to run MT4 with EA's on a server so I don't depend on my internet connection / computer? Thank you alex
hello, when I complie an EA I get warnings like; Function "CloseTheseTrades" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file is there a way to fix? or does it matter? Do I just have to define them? if so what is the code? Thank you
hello. I've just upgraded from MT4 build201 to MT4 build207. an EA of mine that used to work just fine with build201 has begun to give me repeated error messages: ordermodify error 130. I didn't do any modification to the EA, and the same EA when switched back to build201 worked with no error...
Has anyone read this book yet? And no, I'm not the author nor am I trying to sell the book. Amazon.com: Selective Forex Trading: How to Achieve Over 100 Trades in a Row Without a Loss (Wiley Trading): Books: Don Snellgrove Selective Forex Trading: How to Achieve Over 100 Trades in a Row Without a...
Hello all, I was hoping if someone could help me add an alert to this indicator. Every time the RSI touches the 70 or 30 level a alert sound would be great. thanks Peace