General - page 1676

Sometimes when I see the Visual Results from the Metatrader Strategy Tester MT4 displays ONLY the price window (with the positions). Then sometimes a second window which includes the indicator i was testing, e.g. MACD, is displayed in a second window. How is this controlled? At random? Or is there...
My education background is civil engineering, hobby to computer software from the beginning of my university education, from that on, I made business application software, Experience give me more skill to analyze system. Using Pascal, FoxPro, Clipper, Basic, Delphi, and C, i write code for some...
when making my demo EA for an MACD i was turning stop losses of. now i tested my EA in MT4 and for some trades i get modifications of stop loss and my trades are sometimes interrupted without that i want this at all. why? (both private and company. company impressum at contact)
  General Inquiries and Tests.  (55   1 2 3 4 5 6)
This thread is for general inquiries and test about our platform: vBulletin. What's that mind?. Let's say you are new in to the forum and need to test something, like upload images or indicators, try something like include php code, smileys or whatever. Want to try some colors or fonts. Do it...
Why and When MT4 mobile can sopport EA or Script? thanks
i am beginner with making expert advisors. question: how can i get rid of too many macd signals. for example when i try to make a very simple demo ea - an macd 12,26,9. i get way too many signals. there might be two problems: 1) intracandle i want NOT MORE than 1 execution. but metatrader will give...
Hi, Would really appreciate code that can be inserted into a Script that, upon certain times during the course of the Scripts run, will take information from the script and write it to Windows Clipboard. Thanks, pipthis
im new here, just want to know,is there is a MA signal crossing 2 line and its will alert with sound, ex: 20 exponential/close with 80 exponential high when both of the line cross eac other - sound alerted maybe someone would say it not a good because of sideways problem, but i dont mind it because...
Hello I am in desperate need of a simple indicator for showing me the the total distance moved using two seperate pairs. The indicator would allow me to input two pairs, time frame and a MA period. For instance, Lets say I chose the the GBPUSD and the USDJPY and a time frame of 15m Lets say the
Hi Is it possible to compile a dll with MinGw for metatrader experts? I get many wrong prices in RateInfo struct array and I think I did it the way the sample dll did that. here is my simple function: DLLIMPORT void __stdcall getPrice(const struct RateInfo* rates,int size, int item){...
Hello, the pitchfork of MT4 is very basic and wrong. Is there a way to modify the pitchfork? I would like to change the starting point of the middle line and i would like to add 4 parallel lines.
I downloaded MT Mobile SE (Smart Phone Installer Version) directly from my phones (T Mobile SDA, with windows 5.0) browser. I did not purchase it, I wanted to try the 7 day trial period. Initially I had had no issues. I set it up using my existing FXDD demo account and everything worked great...
Hello all! Is it possible to get a moving average indicator of the daily pivot points with a variable period? For example, it would be plotted as a line representing the average of the previous x number of daily pivot points. For instance. The last 3 days daily pivot points (as calculated at 1700
  Random Generator  (3)
Does anyone know how I can set a random variable? I'm trying to simulate a coin toss, so if variable = true, then buy, and if variable = false, then sell. I would imagine MathSrand and MathRand is used, but how?
Hello, I am working on modifying this code from "My first EA lesson" to return 1 the entire time the short moving average is above the long moving average, instead of only once at the crossing of the two. Any Ideas? Best Regards, Dale int Crossed (double line1 , double line2) { static int
I had to reinstall MT4 due to profiles not loading on opening up MT4. I zipped up the old directory before deleting it and now want to see if I can import the old charts with trendlines already drawn into the new installation. Is there a way to accomplish this? Thanks for any help.
[Deleted]
Anyone that thinks backtesting and optimization is useless doesn't know much about forex. If you don't understand the past how can you have any chance of forecasting the future? Anyone that thinks you can buy an EA and stick it on a live account and make money is a lazy, greedy idiot. Anyone that...
  TEMA  (5)
Dear friends I like to use TEMA in MT4.Do anybody knows how can install it ? Best regards
  Text messages  (4)
To All, I was wondering if it is possible to have a text message sent to my phone once an alarm is hit using the MT4 software. If not, is there any free software that I can use to send text messages to my phone. Thank you in advance for your time and help. Sincerely, Mike
Hi, This is a foward post from some forum,hope this strategy helped and please give some comment,i hope every body try this system and help us to improved this system.. I will tell you in plain english how you can make 20 pips on almost every trade you do. Here is an example you can try as much as...
It's gone off the face of my platform. I've tried taking all the charts and toolbars off and putting them back on, reinstalling, deleting profile files, everything I can think of. Any other ideas?
IT's possible to use the method of control point in the strategy to tester to approximate values of the variables (when there are a lot of variables to calculate) and then refining the values testing with Every Tick? Or it is not recommendable? Thank you.
I want my EA to call a function in a dll, but the MetaQuotes server does not allow my EA to call a function in a dll in my demo account. IsDllsAllowed() returns false. So why not, MetaQuotes?
  Other platforms  (18   1 2)
Before finding this forum, I had concluded that MetaTrader is the best platform. Obviously, with the programming capabilities and all. Some brokers charge for API support. There is Gain that has free API support, but, you are locked into Gain if you go that route. But, I have seen a few mentions...
I would like to open a new thread exploring time based pattern analysis. As a base for the thread we can start reading my article at mql4 which investigate best trading hours using metatrade 4 for analysis. Using MetaTrader 4 for a Time Based Pattern Analysis - MQL4 Articles Starting from this base...
Is there any possibility for Ord() and Asc() function without using importing dll?
  MA Candles  (66   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
As requested let me know if you need anything else done with it - i have included a very simple Comment so you can see the MAs being used. 7/02/2008 Updated code to have shift values under the inputs. ma_candles.mq4 [attach]53834[/attach]
Hi Scorpion Hey I have what may be a great trading indicator in mind and I thought may be you would consider programming it into a MT4 indicator. Here's the thought. Take the SHI-Channel indicator and re-write the program to have two channels showing at once. For instance, a setting of zero (0)...
I tried asking this once already, and the admin moved the post to the programming forum. Its not a programming question, it is simply a question on how to use MetaTrader. Is there a better forum for simple MetaTrader usage questions? It should be an easy question, but I can't figure it out. Say I...