General - page 1675

Hi folks What is the value of an expert advisor?How do we put a value on an expert advisor?What is a good expert advisor? A good expert advisor is one with a drawdown of 50 % of the yearly pips it makes(averaged out over 3 years).It should have annual pippage of at least 700 pips and a drawdown...
I'm pulling my hair out and need some help. The attached EA is just a very simple one and is producing signals, but the orders are not being entered and NO ERRORS are showing up in the Journal. What it should do is every time the current price crosses UP or DOWN on the EMA 89 it would place an...
Here is a great tool to help you get experince faster, by trading on a simulated market. You can enter and exit trades like you would in a real market, so it gives you a more realistic feeling. You can speed it up, and slow it down as well. I have been able to practice trade a month in about 1...
  Danny's Trading Journal  (16   1 2)
Today's trading: around 7AM CST entered long off bullish EMA cross - RSI was unable to cross 50 - got a little chopped here costing me about 8 pips...entered long at 1.4623 off bullish divergence between RSI and price....EUR spiked up and we got bullish confirmation with EMA cross and RSI finally
I am interested in trading full-time on my own, and not work for some company. I hope some of you can share your experiences with my concerns or questions in this thread. Do you use MT4 to trade live or just for demoing? I know some use MT4 for the signals, but then trade on their real platform. I...
I tried to create a rectangle, and put text over it. But something strange happen, the order that the objects appear on the screen seems kind of random. I had the following (in this order): Rectangel Text1 Text2 Text3 Text4 The problem is that text1 and text3 is hidden behand the rectangle,...
  Induk_w ?  (11   1 2)
Hello! Did find this indicator, unfortunately without a source code, prompt me please, how on him to trade and what he can be founded on?
There is an indicator I'm using that has this link posted in it: TrendLaboratory : TrendLaboratory Says the mod is Igorad, however I don't know if it's the same Igorad on TSD. If so, I was going to request that he have a look @ the indicator as it seems to have a small bug in it and if it's his code...
  Fair Value  (7)
Hi, Anyone here have an indicator for calculating fair value for futures contracts? Thanks, Paul aka smiley486
  Server down?  (5)
hello , can it be that the server demo.metaquotes.net is down since yesterday evening ? At least I cannot get any connection since that time. Thanks for your info RP
  Petit Pip Eater  (117   1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12)
How about this EA? I found this one in Asian forum. It can work, 1) Chart : EURUSD 30min 2) Setting parameter : POS_open_time_h = 20GMT (need to modify in local time of your fx broker) I think it works pretty good! But can't find out its logic
Hello Everybody, Can Anyone Explain To Me Step By Step "how To Use Mt4 Ea?" Or Please Link Where I Can Find It? But I Know How To Use Indicators . I Am Waiting Your Reply. Thanks
[Deleted]
Hello to all brilliant coder... I am not a programer so I would like to invite everyone in this TSD to help me to give idea as well as to code this system become EA because this is a huge profit gain system; Let me explain little bit about this system; 1) I used V1 (buy hedging) and V2 (sell...
  Slope System EA  (35   1 2 3 4)
Hi guys, I'd like to make an EA based on the Slope Direction Line indicator. Very simple: at color change of SDL (red --> blue) : buy at beginning of the following candle at following change color (blue --> red) : buy close at beginning of the following candle then sell at following change color...
Hi there, I have noticed some apparent odd MT floating point math which I hope someone can help me explain. This is a very simple example just to illustrate the odd problem I seem to have found. Lets take a simple calculation. Spread = Ask - Bid If we assume that Ask is 1.0003 and Bid is 1.0000...
[Deleted]
  Post your code blocks here  (18   1 2)
Hello to all: I have read alot in these forums and thought it was time to jump in and start participating. I would like to start this thread with the idea of creating snippits of code so that all could use them in there indicators or EA's. For example a snippet of code would be just a buy or sell...
Hello all, Is there a way to PROGRAMATICALLY prevent a horz./vert./trend/ line object from being selected (moved) when on a chart? In other words, is there a setting I can invoke programatically that will LOCK the object? Thank you! -charlie
Using the latest version of MT, MessageBox does not work from within the Deinit() subroutine - is this deliberate, or another MessageBox bug? More specifically, what I am trying to do is create a user-prompt when an EA is removed from the chart, giving the option to either delete all global...
  Interactive Journal  (52   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Hi, I posted this thread before and it was deleted.. I dont know why. I not spamming or anything. Just making an interactive journal of my trades. Here's how it works: I will post my trades here as I make them on my $10000 demo account. But I know it is very hard to keep track of some one else's...
  What's new tsd?  (4)
I've been away for a while and I will be taking up writing EAs and INDs as a hobby once more so tell me: What's new? What's working? What's worth spending some time on? I appreciate your feedback!
Hello all, Can someone suggest the proper way to code the ability to RECURSIVELY POLL for for the existance of a FILENAME whenever there is NO TICK? I want to give the TICK routines priority... and POLL for a FILENAME using a sleep function... say every second. Obviously, when the TICK comes in I...
Hi, I am not a programmer, nor do I know all the ins and outs of Forex or MT4 software or the brokers that use it. But I've put this EA together and would like some feedback on it, please. It took me forever to get it to work properly (or at least the way I planned) and I borrowed a lot of code from...
  Pivot Points  (1)
Is there any default way in MT4 to get different pivot points calculated and updated automatically on my charts ? Any help much appreciated
Hi I would like someone to recommend good EA. If you are using it and it is perfoming, it higly welcome. please specify the features.
  Tro Dynamic Trend Indicator  (67   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
TRO DYNAMIC TREND INDICATOR Just something I was messing with while I was banned last week. Oh yes, that's right, this is NOT a tease, because if I were teasing you then the code wouldn't be attached, right?
Sometimes when I see the Visual Results from the Metatrader Strategy Tester MT4 displays ONLY the price window (with the positions). Then sometimes a second window which includes the indicator i was testing, e.g. MACD, is displayed in a second window. How is this controlled? At random? Or is there...
My education background is civil engineering, hobby to computer software from the beginning of my university education, from that on, I made business application software, Experience give me more skill to analyze system. Using Pascal, FoxPro, Clipper, Basic, Delphi, and C, i write code for some...
when making my demo EA for an MACD i was turning stop losses of. now i tested my EA in MT4 and for some trades i get modifications of stop loss and my trades are sometimes interrupted without that i want this at all. why? (both private and company. company impressum at contact)
  General Inquiries and Tests.  (55   1 2 3 4 5 6)
This thread is for general inquiries and test about our platform: vBulletin. What's that mind?. Let's say you are new in to the forum and need to test something, like upload images or indicators, try something like include php code, smileys or whatever. Want to try some colors or fonts. Do it...
Why and When MT4 mobile can sopport EA or Script? thanks