General - page 1660

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how to link DDE to MT4's ATR function? As in is there a way to get the EURUSD's ATR(10) ATR(30) etc onto an excel spreadsheet in real time?
I discovered that I got different results when backtesting on 2 different computers so I started to recreate and sync the history files for both computers. That did not help, it seems that the strategy tester uses (and reuses) a special file with the suffix .FXT. The help files mention...
  ERR_COMMON_ERROR  (4)
Hello all, Two questions regarding ERR_COMMON_ERROR error code. In the MLQ4 documentation it says that... ERR_COMMON_ERROR Common error. All attempts to trade must be stopped until reasons are clarified. Restart of operation system and client terminal will possibly be needed. QUESTION #1: Under what...
Hi Slawa I have attempted a few lines of code in order to close trades when either n% in profit or loss. I am met with partial success because i think I am messing up on the 'persistent command' to broker. What I mean by this is - If I have set EA to close all trades at either 5% profit or 10%...
How can I remove indicators from charts without clicking on them? Is there a list I can display and remove them one by one? I find it quite difficult to select the indicators/lines/etc on the charts by clicking on them. Also, What is th "last data" option that is available in the data window? I
How to access indicators buffers from an EA? E.g. arrows produced by an indicator, email notification, alert...? thx
I have a ea that i want to add a feature in there where it would stop trading for the session if there is 2 consecutive loss trades. Anyone can provide the codes for it ? thanks
hi i planning to get i-mate Ultimate 9502 . but does 9502 running wm 6.0 can use mobile version or only smartphone? Specs: Size 4.5 by 2.34 by 0.69 inches Weight 7.0 ounces Screen 2.8 inches, 640x480 pixels, 262K colors Touch: Yes OS & Platform Windows Mobile 6 Network GSM 850/900/1800/1900...
What are ways for MQL4 to communicate to an external program? Specifically, I have a Perl script and I need MQL4 EA to communicate with my perl script. I dont like to write these scripts into DLL though.
Hi, can I ask something about MetaEditor (MQL) code? In my brokrage, if I want to entry position in more than 8 Lots, i have to request to the dealer first, and after that, they will give price to me (about 5 secs). What I want to ask is, Can I access that "request" from MQL? I mean, do you have...
  Your first $1,000,000...  (32   1 2 3 4)
Here's a question you probably don't ask yourself everyday. What would be the one goal that you'd refuse to attain until after you made your first million dollars? Whats the one thing that you want the most that you could actually hold out on until you made that first million - as a reward or goal
  MT4 and Vista  (1)
I use MT4 on both my home PC on windows XP and my laptop on Vista. When I save a profile or a model on the laptop (Vista), I does not appear in the directory as file(s) although it doeas appear in the menu in MT4. So I can use models and profiles that I have saved but I cannot transfer them back on...
Can anyone help me on this one with the programming ? I have an ea that would go into a BUY trade if the blue and red lines touches at the meeting point (crossing point) of the Stochastic Oscillator when it goes below 20. I want to fine tune the entry coding of the ea so that the EA would only...
I am backtesting an expert advisor using MetaTrader 4.00 build 2.15. A backtest for a single year of 30 Min data is taking nearly 24 hours to execute. This seems terribly long and I would like to know what might be causing the issue. Here are the performance specs for my PC: OS: Windows Vista RAM:...
Hi Folks, Please be tolerant of my naive request ... I'm new to trading but already require a Custom Indicator. It should be relatively easy; it's just that I have no working experience with editing and coding. I currently run a JMA Slope for two different periods. This requires 2 separate...
  Publish your trading results  (22   1 2 3)
Hi, Recently I started a website where anyone can publish their trading results from MetaTrader terminals automatically. It's completely free - no demos, no trials, no strings attached . The address is http://sm-forex.com/. It's still in beta testing so if you find any bugs and have a suggestion...
  I'm new here  (1)
Hello all, I'm SineWave08 and I'm here to learn as much as possible to eventually become an Elliotician (Elliot Wave Technician). Glad to be part of any community which promotes the sharing of ideas. It helps to build confidence which is what trading Forex is all about. That balance between greed...
I have all my indicators programmed by Optimu, so that they generate beside the sygnal also a warning alert. For this, it should be nice if we made here in this thread a collection of nice women voices availeble that speak a in series of frasez that can be used in Forex Trading . In stead of
Does anyone know if MT4 will run on Pro 64 and if there are any issues with doing that since MT4 is 32 bit? Thanks, Carl
double iHigh( string symbol, int timeframe, int shift) i am using a indicator on a 4 hour chart with ihigh, ilow, iclose based on the 1hr "int timeframe" and for some reason its not working correctly. when i switch to 1hr, then the indicator works fine, but anything other than 1hr, the indicator...
Automatic Cruise Control I have an Automatic routine that can eleminate all those "what time do I set the Expert at if I am in XXX Time zone? Every time an EA is writen that depends on a time setting to operate, that thread will gets filled with "What Time Setting Do I Use" questions. I have done a...
Someone Please Help me with this indicator Hello, All programmers! I have a thing for triangles. I see them in all the pairs and timeframes. I see them everywhere. and I need an indicator that will show me all of them So, I need a triangle identifier Indicator. I have used a few that have continuous...
  Join me for lower spreads  (28   1 2 3)
I am considering creating a joint account in order to have the $500,000 needed to open an Institutional Account at MIG Investments. I can invest up to about $100,000 of my own money, but I am unable to reach $500,000 with my own equity, even if I sold my house and put the whole thing in! But with...
I recently found this indicator and found it kinda kooky so i watched it now its my main indicator I has an uncanny knack for filtering out flat markets and showing a breakout up or down I have only used it on lower time frames and the default seems to work well on 5 min charts EURUSD especially so...
  Work with me.  (32   1 2 3 4)
Hello, I have searched this forum and others. I have not come across any EA or fully mechanical system that makes reasonable profit with relatively low drawdown over 2-3 years. So I would like to offer this to everyone. If you have a system that meets the criterias above, EA or not, but must be...
With support from MetaQuotes Software Corp., the first textbook on programming in MQL4 is now ready. You can read the book from the website free of charge. The book is intended for high readership interested in developing of automated trading programs for MetaTrader 4 Clent Terminal. At the same...
In Trade tab I can see only a currency (i.e. $) result of trading. I need to see how many pips I am doing during the trade and than in the Trade History. Is it possible. Maybe there are some custom indicators that can do this for me? I'll appreciate any help or advise. Thanks! Greg
Hi, I'm trying to use an EA on offline chart (for example such as created by period_converter). They don't recive ticks which needs to use while() loop inside. However, after few minutes the offline charts shows "Waitnig for update" and is not updated anymore. I suspect it is a kind of deadlock,...
  OILFXPRO oil breakout system  (60   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Hi Gals This strategy produced 1891 cents profit from 1/1/2007 to 16/2/2007 , for 50 trades ,with a drawdown of 200 cents,and average average profit per trade of 37.82 cents....................1750 cents net after spreads over 35 working days = 50 cents per working day Determine the 10.00 CET – 14...