General - page 1667

Hello, I want to add minor murrey lines inside each major murrey level (or at least a 4/8 line). Is there an indicator that does this? if not, could someone please give me an example code and where to place it. I'm looking for specifically for murrey lines and not pivot points. Thanks! tom
Any scripts to close all open positions in the same time?
Say I want to maximize my capital & time in the same account by having more than one EA attached but I do not want more than one to run which might blow up my account, is there a way to do it? Otherwise the account is just sitting there, waiting for only one EA signal to occur. Once that EA has...
Hello I have been using and testing EA's for a long time and yet recently I seem to be having problems with the new versions of MT4. Perhaps there is a setting I am missing or an overflow occurring in one of the files. Please help. Example - Let us assume I have 6 months M1 data in MT4. Normally...
  Analytical Blog  (3)
the source of info:PoltekFX Analytics » Blog Archive » Review of FOREX 16.04.08 USD American currency is still traded in the sideward trend, but taking into account the great importance of today's data as well as strong state of consolidation, we can expect sharp change in prices towards both a...
I can't believe theres a function to do screenshots. I have an indicator that does this and puts it in the files folder. What I would really like to do is be able to have the sendmail function take the generated screenshot and be able into include it as an attachment. Is this possible? Anyone...
  EA question  (4)
I am using the Hull Moving average EA, and does my broker's program need to be on for it to work? If it does not, does my computer need to be on for it to work
[Deleted]
  Wanted  (10)
i am currently putting a trend following trading system togeather to share with this forum, so that we can all improve it. i am currently getting good results with it i am just trying to fine tune it. i am realatively new to forex but have been trading stocks with Tech analysis for years. sofar the...
New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 215 has been released. What’s new: 1. MQL4: Fixed error of constant string concatenation (Expert Advisors and scripts compiled in build 213 must be recompiled). 2. MQL4: Fixed error of the reinitialization of global and static variables of MQL4-libraries. 3...
Hi, I am trying to pass arrays between function calls in my EA. Here is the structure for my program. I have the following files. Helper.mq4 void writeLog(string[] orderLog){ orderLog[0] = "Text1"; orderLog[1] = "Text2"; orderLog[2] = "Text3";} Helper.mqh void writeLog(string[] orderLog); EA...
Since the beginning of the Mt4 the indicator buffer's line width will not get initialized in the indicator's separate window after recompiling. I must select property window and click OK to have width initialized. Am I doing something wrong? It is annoying because it slows down my development on...
Hello, Sorry for my english. I'm radzee, trading with fxcm and alpari broker, i would like to share my system for building an ea for my trading technique. My trading technique shows below: 1. Trading Currency EUR/USD 2. Rules: a. $1000 for 0.01 lot b. $2000 for 0.02 lot and so on... c. $10,000 for 0...
  Currency Heat-map EA  (156   1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16)
Hello Al here, Need help to modify the following code line for mt4. this is a line that buys when all of the different 13 indicators are pointing up, I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE IT SO IT BUYS WHEN 9 OUT OF 13 ARE POINTING UP, DONT CARE WHICH ONES, JUST 9 OUT OF 13, THATS ALL: if (Buy1_1 > Buy1_2 &&...
Does anyone know if it is possible to embed indices and shares and commodities in MT4? I mean the platform is godlike, but I would like to know if it would be possible to put those in so that I can use it for my forecasts. Not to trade, but for forecasting this software beats anything. Anyone know...
Many have wondered if there are any relations between the three of them, and they do have an impact on one another on a larger scale than many other things related to each other in the global markets. 1) Basically, Gold is an inflation Hedge. If inflation of any country ( Mostly Look at developed...
  TD Sequences  (1)
New to Metaquotes Question - Is it possible to create charts programmatically using Metaquotes to display the numeric numbers (1,2,3,4,5 etc) on Bars in charts like those created in Tradestation for the Tom Demark Sequences? Like in this example chart - http://www.ensignsoftware...
Hi, I have intermittently seen problems with the terminal.exe process. There are times when my custom indicators works when dragged onto a chart. Then there are times when the CPU spikes to 98% as soon as I drag the custom indicator to the chart (without making any changes to it). Once the CPU...
  Lil Buddy  (8)
This is a little expert advisor I thought of while I was looking at various configurations. It uses stochastic crosses and one moving average as the filter. The stochastics and moving average periods are all adjustable. Lil Buddy v0.51 Timeframe: 15 min or longer Pair: ANY Stock Setting: EMA 20 &
  SMS alerts  (12   1 2)
Has anybody heard of a service or company which will send you an SMS alert when a currency pair reaches a price stipulated by the user? I've had a bit of a look around and it all seems to be either email alerts or trading signals thru email/SMS. What if you just wanted to know when a certain price...
There is a lot of interest out there in running Metatrader 4 on the Linux platform, however until Metaquotes does a native Linux version, the only option if you want to do it is to run it under WINE emulation. What follows is a step by step guide to installing MT4 in Linux. I have used the excellent...
Source http://market-geeks.com/articles/002_BacktestingDatamining.php/ " Backtesting & Data Mining In this article we'll take a look at two related practices that are widely used by traders called Backtesting and Data Mining. These are techniques that are powerful and valuable if we use them...
Hi all, Need help, someone add sound alert whenever cross level value as shown in picture by yellow arrows. Pleasee..
Hi, I am using MetaTrader now for over 3 years and I believe it is by far the best trading station on the market. I would have only a suggestion, something that would make this product even better. I always find myself using, as I'm sure a lot of other traders do, many different colors/linewidth...
This should be easy but all I can seem do do is butcher the code . I'm giving up to plead on the mercy of the forum. I am looking for a standard Williams %R [9 period setting] that is capable of doing the following: 1. 1st Alert Sound with Popup window when %R reaches a an initial specified level....
I'm looking for a simple(ish) indicator which I'd be happy to pay for if no one can do it for free. So, 2 lines (Up tick Green, Down tick Red). Each line shows the MA (user-definable length) of the TIME BETWEEN TICKS. So, for instance GBPUSD is 1.9500, ticks UP to 1.9501 after 50 ms, then after...
Forex is an abbreviated name for "foreign exchange."  The Forex tradingmarket is an around-the-clock cash market where the currencies ofnations are bought and sold, typically via brokers. For many years, theForex market was dominated by large institutions such as banks andbrokerage firms. However,...
I switch off my MQ4 (Spanish) platform. I highlight the indicator I want to install (from ForexFactory) then to Mi PC> Disco Local (C)>Archivos de Programa>AleccohFX (my Broker)>experts>indicators and paste in the indicator, it shows up on the screen. However, when I log back on, under Navigator,...
  Window Handles  (9)
Hi there, The WindowHandle function is defined as... >int WindowHandle( string symbol, int timeframe) >Returns the system window handler containing the given chart. If the chart of symbol and timeframe has not been >opened by the moment of function calling, 0 will be returned. What happens though...