General - page 1658

Anyone here know of a good Metatrader Broker for scalping during newstime. help me.thanks. *MetaTrader 4 Trading Platform *Scalping and News Trading allowed, fixed spread n no slippage during newstime. *Guarantee sellstop and buystop orders during news time *No dealer check
I am inquiring into companies that will host MT4 for me. One account offers Windows swap file access and the other does not. Is it necessary for MT4 to have swap file access to run successfully? What are the memory requirements? Thanks, Mark
who is more versatile-- MT4 MOBILE OR SMARTPHONE??? WHICH FUNCTION THAT the OTHERS DOESN"T HAVE??? THX~ ~
Hello, I have no clue how to load a compiled indicator, without source file, from the Navigation list. It doesn't show up in the list. It must be simple, but I just can't find out how. Thanks.
New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 217 has been released. What’s new: 1. MQL4: Fixed a compiler error that caused crash in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 operating system. 2. MQL4: Fixed an error in the FileReadArray() function. When reading array lines, the number of read lines is returned...
I want to be able to determine the open/close information for a 5min chart while I am in a 1hour chart. I have the code to access the prices for the 5min while within a 1hour but I need to be able to know the price when the 5min opened/closed not just the price at any given time. Can anyone help...
The week of July 4th has already brought early some fireworks to the foreign exchange market. The finale on July 3rd should be amazing. So far this week, the major currency pairs have been in a big figure range and a break out will be inevitable. Last Wednesday, the Federal Reserve took a step...
I have 2 indicators that I want to ultimately develop into an EA. For the time being I want to be able to have them customized to show buy and sell arrows on the chart as well as trigger audible and visual alerts. This will allow me to follow the method manually in order to further define my trading...
Not sure how to read this indicator. Please help!
Hello everyone! I from RUSSIAN FEDERATION, sorry for my english. I trade on FOREX (demo & real) more than 1 year. At whole those time i search in web best for me trading system and/or indicator (expert's is too bad) and invent my own versions on them. But all this is not working in real trade at any...
I am plotting objects at various times on a chart and would like to know how to get various indicator values for the points in time where the objects are plotted. Similar to the data window feature in MT4. Example - if I create an arrow object on a chart as follows: ObjectCreate("buy_arrow",...
MetaQuotes Software Corp. is glad to announce that the registration for participation in the Automated Trading Championship 2008 starts on the 1st of July ("MQL4: automated forex trading")! From now on till the 19th of September, 2008 all persons interested can register for participation in the...
Hi all, It's the first time for me in this forum. I would Know if someone has a forecast price indicator for mt4 to support technical analysis or if does exist a neural network for free in the Web. Thank you very much
Hello, I know I can check previous bar open and close with this; Close[1]>Open[1]) // check if close price was higher than open but what do I add to check the difference of the two? what I mean is if I want to check if the bar closed 30 pips or whatever pips away from bar open? Can I do something...
  External Feeds  (1)
Is Metatrader compatible with eSignal or IQFeed?
Does metatrader4 supports opentick realtime data? What should I do to get this data in Metatrader?
Hello programmers, I use an indicator called "iSessions" and although I find it useful, it is very obtrusive visually on the charts. I have a simple idea to allow it to provide useful info in a more subtle way. If you look at the attached .zip file there are two screengrabs. One is the original...
Hello folks - Just wanted to know if there's a way to make a custom metatrader indicator into a "native" MT4 technical indicator. Instead of iCustom, i would like to make calls to "iMyIndicator" instead (sort of like iRSI or iMACD). The reason is -making iCustom calls in an EA makes backtesting...
Hello folks - Just wanted to know if there's a way to make a custom metatrader indicator into a "native" MT4 technical indicator. Instead of iCustom, i would like to make calls to "iMyIndicator" instead (like iRSI or iADX). The reason is -making iCustom calls in an EA makes backtesting...
Greetings, Sorry, incorrectly post at indicator section. Great site here. Wondering, with all of the gifted people here, if anyone has seen or can code the following: Basis for request: I trade Forex during European session but hold down a day job. I usually take profit at certain support &...
Greetings, Great site here. Wondering, with all of the gifted people here, if anyone has seen or can code the following: Basis for request: I trade Forex during European session but hold down a day job. I usually take profit at certain support & resistance levels. If I am in profit, say 20 pips,...
[Deleted]
  Help
Can somebody code this into ea for mt4 extern int TP=100; extern int SL=100; extern int lim=1; extern int prodvig=3; extern double Prots= 10; int total, bb=0,ss=0; double max,min,lmax,lmin,Lot; int start(){ total=OrdersTotal(); if (total==0){bb=0;ss=0;} if (maxAsk) min=Ask; if...
Hi Traders Think, analyze, and create BEFORE the trade. During the trade only follow what you though, analyzed and created before the trade. Before you enter the trade you are cool and balanced, you are thinking logically. During the trade you are under fire since money is involved. You are under...
I would like to build a few indicaters for the mobile version of MQ. Has anyone posted development resource for this?
[Deleted]
  Help needed  (3)
Hi, have you ever heard about Blessing System pdf? I will attach it here so you can read it, and hopefully program it into ea I am amazed by the system, is it realy good ?
New Version: MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 217: 1. MQL4: Fixed a compiler error that caused crash in Windows Server 2008 operating system. 2. MQL4: Fixed an error in the FileReadArray() function. When reading array lines, the number of read lines is returned now. 3. MQL4: Changed the...
Hello, I'm working on a system but I'm looking for an indicator to keep me out of certain trades and in on others. Please look at pic of GBP/USD M30 this past week and I've marked where a good trade might be and some bad ones. Could someone post an indicator that does show good trade on where I have...
  Pipchannel indicator  (14   1 2)
Hi all, Here is another quite simple and efficient indicator. It's basically point & figure projected to the chart as a channel (with adjustable size - below is 50/100 and one with many different wide channels on same price). If you look at the channel, it's also always located at solid levels, if...
I would like to open and delete files during runtime. This is part of my strategy, without restarting the EA. If I do FileDelete(tmpfile) I get the next error code: 4100 (ERR_SOME_FILE_ERROR). Is there a solution for this probem? Thanks.
Hi MetaQuotes, I've been developing an Expert recently which uses other currency pairs to make it's decisions, using commands like "iMA(symbol, timeFrame, period, 0, maType, appliedPrice, 1)" and "iTime(symbol, timeFrame, 1);" etc. After completing an Expert and running it using your strategy...