General - page 1664

Hi to everyone in the forum, I'm a complete novice to Forex Trading so any first hand advice would be most appreciated. I'm a little turned around at this point with all the choices to be made with regards to software, brokers, courses, forums. It seems everywhere you turn for research or advice
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm programming mql for about an 1year and now i've seen for the first time a problem that i don't know how to solve whitch i think it's a metatrader problem, bug or whatever you want to call it. The problem is: I have an indicator which i coded which i tested with the tester and also...
  The London Open  (1888   1 2 3 4 5 ... 188 189)
Good morning I trust you are all well,,, I have decided to move charting packages recently to MT4 and i have to say what a package. I only use a Demo account here at the moment, as i trade elsewhere, but it is free and its worth a sneeky look. You can overlap longer term MA's and CCI's on...
Hi, I was wondering if there's a way that an expert load by himself new *.set files from a external source (ftp, internet). Since I need to load new *.set files each day, I also need the EA to be able to see if the *.set files is the correct one or not before loading it. Is this possible ?...
  Malcik's Journal  (5)
Hi all, I've been a member of this forum for some time now. However, it's been long since I stopped visiting because (1) I figured that daytrading e-mini futures contracts suits me better than daytrading Forex and (2) because I finally understood that the way that 99% of people on this and similar
  Need help !  (17   1 2)
Hi friends, I have got this problem. After loading the forex expert advisor and let it running for 24 to 36 hours, I feel like the computer is half dead. When I start the expert advisor, it runs realy good for 12-13 hours and then it starts dying down. Can anybody please guide me as how to fix this...
Hello friends, well, I should be tell all thanks for your forum this is very good, and I only speak english very little but I like this lenguage and I wish speak it very good.. And I am looking for exe file (MTReport4-1.8) or latest preferred.. Does anyone have it or can direct me to where I can get...
Hi, I am planning to buy HP 6515 which has a square screen 240x240 resolution. Does anybody know if MT4 mobile will support this resolution? I heard that softwere without support cut 80 lines in the bottom of the screen and you cannot scroll down to access this area. Therfore MT4 mobile will be...
I have not seen this question asked anywhere, so I'll ask. I see alot of references to backtesting and uses of the strategy tester. My question is simple, if one downloads and EA, how do you set up the backtester and strategy tester? Does anyone have a link to how to set these up? Any help...
I came across a number of trading systems that are designed to achieve high returns in a very short period of time but with large maxDD too. There are some fund allocators with, in my opinion, very stupid mentality of selecting traders using these systems with the belief of allowing some of their...
[Deleted]
Hi - could anyone code an indicator which either paints the bar a different colour or shows an arrow if the bar closes within x% of high or low. eg: if bar closes in top 33% (top third) show up arrow or paint bar colour or if bar closes in bottom 33% (bottom third) show down arrow or paint bar...
Apart from "Pop-up Prices" and adjusting font sizes, dpi, and screen resolution in Windows, is there a way to increase the size of the font in the Market Watch view of MetaTrader 4? Any feedback is much appreciated.
Will Meta Trader ever be upgraded to include more than just FX? Share your thoughts, I would like to know what everyone thinks.
Talk about being caught between a rock and hard place. The European Central Bank’s hands appear to be tied, given high inflation in the euro zone, at a time when it is expected that economic growth in the 15-nation currency bloc will slow significantly this year. Economic sentiment was off sharply...
I found an interesting indicator with the name Adaptive Price Zones. It would be awesome if someone could code it. Here's the link. Trading With An Adaptive Price Zone Also, hi all. I'm new here. Not new to forex but new to EA's and MT4.
Now Available With FXCM: MetaTrader 4 by MetaQuotes New York, May 6, 2008 FXCM (Forex | currency trading | forex trading | forex broker) announced that clients can now choose between trading on the FXCM trading platform or on MetaTrader4 platform by MetaQuotes. After numerous...
Looking for a forex feed for TS8.3/owndata that is reasonably priced stone9
  alert  (1)
can someone make alert for me its like this.. so when stoch 14,3,3 cross line 76.4,50,23.6 there will be pop up window that says"euro/usd stoch cross line 76.4 from up" "gbp/jpy stoch cross line 76.4 from down""usd/jpy stoch cross line 23.6 from up""stoch cross line 23.6 from down"."gbp/chf stoch...
  Does the market trade against you?  (64   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Hi Traders Have you ever felt like the market is just waiting for you to enter, then it goes the other way? Then just as you get out, the market seems to reverse and go exactly where you thought it would when you entered? It almost seems that the pros know where your emotional decisions will be made...
  bug to fix  (2)
Hello MT4 support, i was developing a helper script which does create Stop orders on prices of VERTICAL-LINES i put. During this i noticed that if i place VLINES manually to charts, the OBJPROP_PRICE1 is too precious. Lets say VLINE on EURUSD is at 1.5561, i see on chart visually the right number 1...
  tony54  (1)
My first post stars here. I'm new here and I want to thank you for this useful forum. So would you some body help me.I want to convert a indicator into EA. How can I do that .
  Zmeitrader - coding help  (18   1 2)
Please could a coder help me with this EA. I must state from the beginning that this is NOT my EA, i found it on the forum somewhere so i'm not sure of the implications of changing the code. All i need is for someone to add the "majic number" field so i can trade on multiple currencies. I'ts a slow...
Ok guys this is not my EA but, I have made adjustements for different time frame which I think is better. What I'm looking to do in this EA is add as an OPTION is PSAR as an ENTRY (maybe exit) filter and PSAR Trailing stop Now what I would also like to add is Close on signal reversal as an option...
I'm seeking for a help to convert the following 3 lines of MetaStock Code to MQ4 script BB:=Mov( (H-L),15,S); SS:=StochMomentum(5,3,3)< LLV(StochMomentum(5,3,3), 15); If(Ref(SS, -1) AND C-O>BB,1, 0)
Hi Everyone, I've recently discovered the MetaTrader4 lanuage and it is awesome. I've written an EA which I think is very promising - but I have a problem. It seems to me that the only way I can test my EA (i.e. run it) is with live ticks coming in from my broker's server (I have a demo account)....
do you think someone can code this to stepMA
Hi all, Does anybody know how to set the default playback speed in Tester's Visual Mode? Its default value is 26, I have to change it EVERYDAY when I start Tester. Thanks.
Hi guys over there. i use 2 RSI cross for enter the market. can someone make me 2 RSI cross with an alrert? Thankz. GBU! Regards.
I have a question about Moving Average indicator. I got wrong result from "Moving Averages" indicator in some case. (It was happened after recovery from network trouble) I checked the code of indicator, and I found strange part. ---- Original start ----- void sma() { double sum=0; int
[Deleted]
Hi Guys Sitting in front of the PC and having nothing much to do except watching the charts from time to time and checking if the EAs are really doing what they are supposed to do... Its boring at times... So why not open a little thread here to track progress of my trades and EAs... It could be fun