General - page 1844

Hi Slawa, Is there any way how to read a price value at any specified Fibo "n" level? If so how? Or do I have to calculate it from T1P1 and T2P2 slope?
Hello everyone. my expert did work for couple of days, and then stopped. Does someone knows what can be done if this kind of errors appears in the Journal tab: '40725' trading by experts is prohibited And why is that anyway ??? Thanks a lot Haim
Hi Traders, At the moment I am testing a simple system in a 30 min-timeframe: I want to enter a trade if a bar crosses an EMA10 AND EMA30. As soon as the second EMA is crossed a signal/alert should be heard. BUT only in the direction of the trend. The Cross of both EMAs can be done with just one...
Just wanted to know if anyone knows a way to predict when a breakout is about to occur.
  Level Trading  (52   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Newdigital, Hi. I found this new indicator called "Level Trading" in one of the russian forums. I searched here but could not locate any discussion thread. If it has being discussed earlier, could you please provide the link. It is very promising and it is based on the price channel orientation. As
  Price Alert EA  (38   1 2 3 4)
I have been thinking it might be good to share our "worst" faults in trading so we can learn from each other. Most of the time we focus on the perfect strategy - -and that is good -- but we often forget about the "perfect trader". The strategy is really only as good as the trader --- Soooo what one...
[Deleted]
  Ema values  (1)
Thanks I got the answer.
Hi. I want to puth these 4 variables in to one array and then sort them to get the highest one? I doesn't seem to work and gives me errors. Can anyone help me. Here is the code: double highest[4]={iHigh("EURUSD",PERIOD_H1,0),iHigh("EURUSD",PERIOD_H1,1),iHigh("EURUSD"...
  FileOpen madness  (1)
Quote from the FileOpen help documentation: "Notes: Files can only be opened in the terminal_directory\experts\files folder (terminal_directory\tester\files if for expert testing) or in its subfolders." So this means then when I save a file from an MQL script, I have to manually copy it to the...
Could someone or Metaquotes itself to write Period Converter for MT3(MQL2). MT3 is better platform and with better Strategy Tester. Jeff
  Feature Request  (1)
Apologies of this is the wrong forum, but an improvement I'd like to see in metatrader would be to set the time frame to whatever I want. at the moment I can select from 1,5,15 minutes etc. But I would like to be able to set other timeframes such as 13 minutes or 8 minutes etc. So rather than...
  Help needed  (4)
Hi, Can someone please help me with this! How to write this buying Condition; Open Bar at 15min chart > High of Last Trading Day thx shareef
Hey everyone, Just curious if there is a way in MT4 to close all open positions with only one action - a "close all open positions" button if you will. Thanks for any help. lonespruce.
I searched but cannot find one, is there one available
[Deleted]
  Icustom  (30   1 2 3)
I would like to make a EA with this indicator but I cannot how write the function icustom? Thanks! #property indicator_separate_window #property indicator_buffers 3 #property indicator_color1 Black #property indicator_color2 Lime #property indicator_color3 Red extern int period=10; double
  Counting Ticks  (2)
Is there a sub routine or a function that I can use to count the number of ticks? For example, when I start an EA, I want to wait for 200 ticks before I do something. How can I do it? Thanks.
Does anyone know if there is an MT4 indicator for Regression Channel, that has the same parameters as the one on Esignal charts , which would have the same parameters as shown in the jaimo Trading Method ?? Here is the link for the Jaimo Trading Method as shown by Bob Royce. In a nutshell he sets up...
There has been a critical error Time : 2006.06.18 13:51 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 194, 16 Jun 2006) Owner : MetaQuotes Software Corp. (MetaTrader) OS : Windows XP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) Processors : 1, type 586, level...
Hey gang, Does ne1 have the mt4 indicators for those cci/ema setups? I requested a quote from a company (xxxxxxxxxxtools.com) that specializes in programming mt4 indicators. 5034=$280 5034z=$310 50140=$350. You would sure save me a lot of money. I'm sure other people are also looking for...
Need help from the expert here to code this EA. This rule is used on 1 hour chart. Thanks in advance for the help. ================================================== Rules: Start hour 2200hr. End day: 2159hr If price goes up/down and it reverse opposite position by 45pips or more... send an Email...
  Gaussian MA?  (6)
I came across a reference to a Gaussian moving average; I've never heard of that before. This person makes a comparison between Hull ma, Gaussian ma, and Jurik ma (all at 21 close): https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=40589 It appears to me that the "gaussian ma" is the...
  EMA Alert help !!!!!!!!!!  (12   1 2)
Hi all, Can someone help me with the below EMA crossover alert ? I used it on a 5 mins chart and it is generating alot of email alerts. How can i reduce it ?? Please help !!!!!! Thanks... ========================================================= //---- input parameters extern int FastEMA=3; extern...
Hello, what is maximum number of indicators that we can put in custom indicator folder ? I have plenty and my MT4 does not open all of them. Is it only solution to remove some ?
When an EA sets iMA(NULL,timeframe,period,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_HIGH,0), can a different "M" Chart selectiion, such as M1, M5 or M30 override this timeframe statement? Thanks in advance. Wackena
Hello, How can I navigate all available currencies in one single chart, changing the currency automatically in 5-10 seconds. It should be an expert or indicator, not a script because scripts are not saved when I save the profile. Thanks Cengiz
[Deleted]
  Suffic369.mq4  (5)
I have substantially improved suffic369. Back test results are now very good, I need people to help me now with forward tests. for reports of suffic369, see http://www.wsforex.com/suffic369/others.htm for some other very good EAs, see www.wsforex.com for the basic source code of suffic369,see the...
I notice huge difference in data/charts from different brokers, sometimes the difference is up to 4-8 pips in both directions on 15min charts, less on 1-5min. That means by using the same system or EA with one broker you making money when with the other you are loosing. What is the explanation?...
  History  (5)
i tried to import history into MT4 from alpari M1 Data and the top number changes from 32768 to 648736 but when i close and reopen my terminal it shows again 32768 what could i be doing wrong or is this normal behaviour? thanks
I find out that when you test the same EAs with the same settings on MT from different broker (NorthFinance, FIBO-UK and metaquotes demo)they give different results. Maybe someone know why? Another thing the charts a different as well for some unknown reason and the difference sometimes are huge....