General - page 1425

Hi was wondering, could a GUI associated with a dll raise an event that will cause a Metatrader script to call a dll routine to get data or input that the GUI has collected from a user? thanks, MilfordT
Is there any way to cause a script to run when a particular function key is pressed like F9?  thanks in advance 
Hi, Im working on my frist Expert , based in the CExpertSignal . Im trying to access data from the MACD Indocator, that is located in "Examples\\MACD.ex5". The OnInit() method of MACD.mq5 in "Indicators\\Examples" says: //--- indicator buffers mapping SetIndexBuffer ( 0 ,ExtMacdBuffer
I experience the following behavior in MT5: 1. When an object is created it receives automatically set Name and Tooltip values. 2. After an object Tooltip value is changed via ObjectSetString(), the Tooltip value it remains the changed until MT5 Terminal is restarted. 3. On Terminal restart, the...
Hi, How can I get a list and details about their positions already closed? Thanks
Although I get tired of all the bogus signal vendors, "proprietary indicators", and useless trading methods there are a few out there that actually make sense to me. How to Identify Real Forex Pivot Points: Market Turns For Entry Signals That Get Results - YouTube I watched this video and i just...
  Hi there  (1)
Weird! Regulators to classify gold as a zero risk asset while some experts expect that Gold is near a long term top and the super wealthy who own lots of gold are liquidating. Breaking News: Regulators to Classify Gold as Zero-Risk Asset | John Butler | FINANCIAL SENSE
Hi everybody. I am using these three Indicators. Will somebody help me to code the current price values with the signals as I have shown in the Chart. Is it possible to do so. Three Indicators are: 1) forextrend 2) stochastic 3) Fisher_yuryik Thanks in advance Regards
Dear, How can this be possible, as I understood MT5 will automatically download history data if needed. Prior, I setup the Max Bar in Tools-->Option to Unlimited...
That is, in other words, this: void OnTick { Print( (datetime)SeriesInfoInteger( Symbol(), PERIOD_CURRENT, SERIES_LASTBAR_DATE ) );} normally returns the proper server time for the last bar for the current period whichever it is; however it randomly returns "1970.01.01 00:00:00" for no apparent...
Hi there, in MT4 I have this technical indicator: double iATR( string symbol, int timeframe, int period, int shift) Parameters: symbol - Symbol the data of which should be used to calculate indicator. NULL means the current symbol. timeframe - Timeframe. It can be any of Timeframe...
i am seunfx from nigeria i want to know which one is better between trading manual or with an Expert Advisors
Hi traders, We start to provides our FREE trading signals here from now... Try it for FREE ! Signals usually post in the beginning of each trading sessions and valid until hit TP or SL Regard Signal ID: EURUSD-2012.07.04, 08:00 Time Issued: 2012.07.04, 08:00 GMT ======================= Signal: SELL
Hi traders, We start to provides our FREE trading signals here from now... Try it for FREE ! Signals usually post in the beginning of each trading sessions and valid until hit TP or SL Regard
  Rally Time  (1)
Friday’s stock indices all closed markedly higher, which came after huge higher gap opens. What happened in between the higher gap opens and the close was nothing. The markets were dead…until the closing bell. Only then was there life when the markets went even higher on a short covering explosio...
[Deleted]
I would like a RECTANGLE_LABEL on my chart. But it comes me only a LABEL. Where is the error? #include <ChartObjects\ChartObjectsTxtControls.mqh>void OnStart()&nbsp;&nbsp;{&nbsp;&nbsp; CChartObjectRectLabel *m_anker; m_anker=new CChartObjectRectLabel; m_anker.Create(0,"Text",0,0,0); }
In terminal I can define more than 8 levels for fibonacci retracement tool. Why can't I define more than 8 levels in MQL5 for fibonacci retracement object? Shouldn't MQL5 fibo object be the same as MT5 fibo tool?
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to determine custom timeframes. For instance, can we have a 7-minute chart? And actually, I am also looking to use 10-tick charts, 50 or 133-tick charts. Is there any way to do that? I saw some users created some sort of EAs on Metatrader 4 to have tick...
1 July 2012. MetaQuotes Software Corp. and Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange (DGCX) under the sponsorship of Alpari ME DMCC are holding MetaTrader 5 - Automated and Algorithmic Trading on the Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange. The main purpose of the event is to discuss possibilities of MetaTrader 5
On July 1, 2012, MetaQuotes Software Corp. and the Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange (DGCX) sponsored by Alpari ME DMCC hold a conference "MetaTrader 5 - Automated and Algorithmic Trading On the Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange". The main purpose of the event is to demonstrate the technology of...
I have a script that draws some trend lines on a chart. It uses the same piece of code to draw each of the trend lines as follows: ObjectCreate(0,"ABCL"+eNextNode, OBJ_TREND, 0, dtNodeTime[eNextNode -1], dNodePrice[eNextNode -1] , dtNodeTime[eNextNode], dNodePrice[eNextNode]);...
This is a first pass at a script to run an optimization for every week between two dates. This particular script has the window name for IBFX - change to use it for other banks. Of course, I'm giving no claims, warranties, promises, or debugging help, but this seems to be working - it's run
Automatic tests of the Expert Advisors submitted by prospective Participants of the Automated Trading Championship 2012 will start soon. It is about time to tell you how to prepare for the Championship and how it will be held in details. We believe that virtually anyone who reads this article will...
  Hi Guys  (2)
I just watched this video yesterday "The same patterns are showing up on the EUR, the AUD, S&P 500 and several variations on other pairs. A lot of people seem to expect a 5th wave down for a new low on the daily then a big turn to the upside.http://chartblog.blogspot...
Hello guys, Demo account is important step in your trading life in order to practice, learn how to use the platform and also to test their analysis. But there are some traders who have not start with demo, go directly in the real account of trading. Are they successful?
Hello, I have one query regarding MqlTraderequest. Here take profit and stop loss must be mentioned as a particular point example mrequest.tp = price + (200* Point()) ; mrequest.sl = price - (100 * Point()); When I am executing my EA, if price doesn't match with the exact point mentioned...
Hi I'm trying to get open and close the day through the class CSymbolInfo. But in reality what they get is 0, I think that is okay because testing with the Bid or Ask get the correct value. Code: # include <Trade\SymbolInfo.mqh>; CSymbolInfo mysymbol; int OnInit () { / / ---...
Like to run this indicator but find that it freezes/hangs Metatrader (Build 432) either immediately or shortly thereafter. Anybody have any ideas on this one ? Thanks
Hello, If someone could tell me how to store arrays externally / globally I would appreciate it. At the moment I have an array that is written to in the OnCalculate section, but I can't see how to save the results from tick to tick. It is declared outside of the functions with the input variables ex...
I really looked everywhere but I can’t sort it out. Could you tell me why a code like this one int Array[][15][15];Array[1][1][1]=256;Print(Array[1][1][1]); is giving “Array out of range” error? All my researches bring me to “Dynamic Array Object” on MQL5references, which doesn’t seem to explain...