General - page 1148

today , I try to reinstall my metatrader5. I get a web installer from http://www.metatrader5.com/en/download when I run the web installer, it download files from the server: 4.cdn.metaquotes.net. when it finish the install ,my Avria reports it's finded trojan virus in mql.dll and mql.exe ! I...
You can see that the latest version of TickStory v1.6 isn't free any more.  The script, CSV2FXT, downloaded from EareView can't work in the latest version of MT4. How can we make the back test with good quality from now on? I downloaded EurUsd M1 data from DukasCopy. If using the script, CSV2FXT, to...
  Coding a cross  (1)
Trying to code when EMA5 crosses above EMA10 for an Expert Advisor Program and I'm stuck. I can use ArrayMaximum and ArrayMinimum function to some affect but that just tells if the values are greater than or less not if it crossed.  Thoughts?
Looking to code an Expert Advisor that trades based on EMA.5 crossing over EMA.10 and/or SMA.50 crossing over SMA.100 but I am having problems trying to capture the different EMA and SMA values in my code.  Any suggestions?
can anyone show me how to call RenkoMaker.ex4 into EA using icustom like the following custum indicator. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ int signal() { int signal=2; if(iCustom(NULL,0,"SuperTrend",10,3.0,0,bars_closed)!=EMPTY_VALUE) signal=0;...
[Deleted]
  All about EurUsd  (3)
Whether Greece continues to be debated during the end of this month .. ?Can anyone other influences ?Give your opinion as an analysis of the future..
Daily price is on primary bullish with the secondary ranging between 1.1436 resistance level and 1.1150 support level which was started on close daily bar in the beginning of this month. The price is located above Ichimoku cloud/kumo for primary bullish with Chinkou Span line to be crossed with the...
[Deleted]
Considering that Greece failed to have agreement with Euro community, is that possible eurousd pair down below 1.000? Please feel free to share your Opinion here.
  chart period  (6)
Hi, I am new to this. Just wandering how to add a 10 minute period to my chart. Thanks!
[Deleted]
Many traders in the sosial media give a screenshot about unimaginable profit, or zero drawdown.I have seen many of them screenshot growth more than a million %. Is it a true fact, or simply myth to find aNewbie and greed investor?
[Deleted]
default gann fan attached through menus of metatrader does not offfer any properties for that expecting something like the second image
I receive this error ---- Tester: cannot change tested template-----  when I am trying to put my template in the program. In your new update it prevents the templates to be inserted on strategy tester. When we are doing development we put templates to find out if the system is working...
i want to ask about all the article i've read about the macd indicator have both line but why in the mt4 platform default macd just have one line ? default mt4 macd indicator with double line macd indicator
[Deleted]
Help me tutorial basic step by step make EA or scripts Thank all forum friend
I have the impression that MT only works under current graph timeframe: I am using a code from Help Content labeled demo_ima.mq5 which plots MA in its simplest way. If I choose in the parameters windows any other value than current for the time frame it fails. What is the trick to make it work in
First at Mayzus: Upcoming risk - Instruments moving to 'Close Only' mode Due to the uncertainty surrounding the ongoing Greek debt negotiations, and ahead of a potential announcement over the weekend that could lead to high volatility on the market, please be informed that we have decided to...
This pair did not do much yesterday. It tried to get up above 1.1200 during the early part of the London session, but fell back after making a high of 1.1233. Looking at the chart above the current price, there are plenty of resistant levels and a questionable but possibly still potent trend line....
hi ; i use this line in my code and have a warning: for(int c=0;c<CURRENCY_COUNT-1;c++) Currency_color[c+1]=PlotIndexGetInteger(c,PLOT_LINE_COLOR); and have this warning : " possible loss of data due to type conversion " how can fix it ?
What is the most important thing should be considered by all the trader before start trading in forex market
Hi all trading binary options Did you noticed that using any indicator, CCI, STC, Cycles, all of them use to show best short term trades for 4 minutes expiry and they are right. Is it just a coincidense that there is no broker ofering 4 minutes trades? :)
  refresh  (2)
Hi, I'd like to know how to emulate with mq5 code the "chart refresh" obtained by pressing left key in the chart. Using the function ChartRedraw() the effect is not the same. Clicking the update with the mouse do something more that resolve the problem told here https://www.mql5...
Please Please Please! I need and indicator with alert that will alert me When right after the close of the 7th consecutive bullish candle or 7the consecutive bearish candle. Pin , dogi and other forms of candles are not counted. Only bull and bear candle alert that will pop up with sound When there...
Can CUDA of GPU of NVIDIA be used for the backing test of MT4? Please teach the method if I can use CUDA.
Hey, has someone some experiences with the Admiral Markets Broker? I want to open an account but need some reviews. Thanks in advance :)
EURJPY: Bullish Above Key Support At 137.97 Level EURJPY- The cross held above its key support at the 137.97 level on Thursday leaving risk of a move higher on the cards. On the downside, support comes in at the 138.00 level where a break will aim at the 137.50 level. A turn below here will target...
Is it possible to backtest a series of opened and closed positions on multiple pairs easily without having to write a custom EA? If not, is it possible to backtest a custom EA which trades on multiple pairs? Thank You, Stephen 
  Manhattan chart  (9)
Is it possible to code a manhattan style chart (swing chart) in mt4. In Amibroker, the plot function uses StyleStairCase, but I can not find anything like that on mt4. I was not able to find anything thru search, if this has already been mentioned can you point me in the right direction. Thanks
Hello. I was hoping someone knows where I can find or help. I have looked all over the place for EMA Crossover with an alert I can choose. This is because I need to have a loud noise when they Cross. The alert Wav is not loud enough. I prefer it to just keep going until I turn it off. As long as it...
I created a signal, but it is not available for subscription on the website. Subscription to signals with a leverage exceeding 1:500 is not permitted. i change my levreg to 1.400 but is no yet avalibal ...why
  C++ instead of Java  (14   1 2)
Does anyone know why MQL in general, and MetaQuotes specifically (being the "provider" of the software/language) went with a C++ styled programming language (along with all the related issues) instead of Java (which does have it's own issues, but has reportedly fixed alot of the inherent issues that...