Download MetaTrader 5

turning on automated trading from within an EA

To add comments, please log in or register
Add our Twitter channel to friends and follow the news!
jimbernice
jimbernice 2016.03.01 08:56 

I am running a successful EA, but occasionally I receive a message stating that automated trading is not allowed. When I look at tools/options/expert advisors, I see that the box for automated trading has become un-ticked, though I had ticked the box before my EA started running and verified automated was allowed when I launched the EA.

I can find out whether automated trading is allowed from within the EA using TradeExpert(), but is there a way to switch automated trading on  from within the EA?

Stuart Browne
Stuart Browne 2016.03.01 09:03  
jimbernice:

I am running a successful EA, but occasionally I receive a message stating that automated trading is not allowed. When I look at tools/options/expert advisors, I see that the box for automated trading has become un-ticked, though I had ticked the box before my EA started running and verified automated was allowed when I launched the EA.

I can find out whether automated trading is allowed from within the EA using TradeExpert(), but is there a way to switch automated trading on  from within the EA?

I don't believe so, that would be a dangerous thing to allow.

Check your Options->Expert Advisors again. There are a number of reasons that auto trading can be automatically turned off that you can control from here. Have you accidentally triggered one of these conditions?
Damian Mateusz Dziadosz
Damian Mateusz Dziadosz 2016.03.01 09:04  
I think that not possible because it will not let you use the other ea to activate it. Maybe with script.
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2016.03.04 19:02  
It's possible using WinApi DLL, but I strongly suggest to do that only if you know exactly what you are doing. It can be very dangerous for your trading account.
Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber 2016.03.04 19:06  
jimbernice:

Maybe its a feature of the EA?
Sarang Bharoliya
Sarang Bharoliya 2016.03.05 10:27  

Yes, It is possible.

Some developers or programers uses Win DLL connected Expert Advisors [EA].

I think the EA you are using is having above DLL connected and EA can turns Auto Trade OFF also using this DLL method.

I recommend not to use that kind of EA. 

To add comments, please log in or register