General - page 1054

The depreciation in the US dollar is over, Goldman Sachs chief currency strategist predicted on Wednesday, given that the greenback still rallied despite last week’s payroll data for April which showed the weakest job growth in seven months."We remain dollar bullish and think the trajectory is...
I am unable to connect to demo account from MetaQuotes as well as demo from FXPro, I have windows 7. I can connect fine using my laptop which is Windows 8.1 I inactivated the firewall and that did not fix. Would appreciate help and any ideas on how to fix this problem which has been going on for...
The international press is replete with stories of poor investor returns and discretionary fund closures this year. Reuters reports1 that Q1 2016 marked the first quarter of outflows from hedge funds since the financial crisis. Reports like this beg the question: is this the end of macro investing?...
This used to be easy, now I can't figure out how to install multiple MT5 instances anymore, the 'web installer' has no option to choose a folder and just keeps reloading the same MT5. Anyone know how to do this? I checked the forum and found https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/6373 which is not helpful....
Dear Traders, Am 25 and trading my friends capital and my own, like a crowd fund, or a hedge fund, All are encouraging me to start a trade room kinda stuff, A full time trader with all streams of media and all other technical stuffs, Whats your opinion about that? I got around 2000 USD salary per
Latest client report from the US investment house 10 May 2016 Courtesy of our friends at efxnews.com. Click here for a free trial. "We now believe it is time again to short CAD as we expect the market to price a higher probability of a BoC cut this year. Canada has reported two weak trade reports in...
Hello, I am trying to subscribe to one of the signal provider and whenever I do, subscription fails. I do the subscription from the MT4 terminal and through PayPal. Anybody faced this problem, any solution or to whom I should I write to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance
This option returns 'true' in both cases. ENUM_MQL_INFO_INTEGER program_OPTIMIZATION; int OnInit () { program_OPTIMIZATION=( ENUM_MQL_INFO_INTEGER ) MQLInfoInteger ( MQL_OPTIMIZATION ); //--- }
The National Institute of Economic and Social Research out with their latest findings on Brexit 10 May 2016          * if UK votes to Leave EU 2017 GDP will be 1% lower and 2.3% lower in 2018          * If UK votes to Remain then 2016 GDP f/cast +2.0%          * 2017 GDP +2.7%          * forecast...
I am more familiar wit mt4 but recently downloaded mt5, I realize that when I open a second trade position, it automatically closes the first one I opened. How can I overcome this? Please help someone
Running my code in strategy tester and getting the Requote error 138. Is there a way to avoid this or fix the code?
[Deleted]
The new build of the popular MetaTrader 4 mobile platform for iPhone/iPad is released with improved security. Now, you can set a PIN code or use Touch ID to restrict access to the application. If your iPhone or iPad falls into the hands of another person, your trading account remains secure....
I see there are now requote occurrences when running the MT-5 Strategy Tester (ST). Is it possible to advise what would trigger a requote in ST ? Such as increase in volume. Or, are requotes just random occurrences ?
Citigroup in Australia have a list of foreign currencies it will no longer accept as  payment for Australian real estate from overseas borrowers The Australian Financial Review reports:       * Citi will only accept the Canadian dollar, Danish kroner, European...
Remember the Greek vote on whether to leave the euro? And the Greeks said, Yep, let's do just that. And then, the people's man (you can tell 'cause he doesn't wear a tie) PM Alexis Tsipras gave the Greek people the middle finger and ignored them. Remember that? Well, in another slap in the face for...
Two quick ideas from CitiFX Currency investors should consider buying EUR/GBP or buying EUR/NOK this week, advises CitiFX in its weekly FX picks to clients.  "Trade idea 1: Buy EURNOK 9.3445, target 9.60, stop loss 9.22 Trade idea 2: Buy EURGBP at 0.7895, target 0.8145, stop loss 0.7785," Citi...
the arrow doesnt show on live until i switch time frame , please help me . below is the codes. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| signalindicator.mq4 |//| Copyright 2016, MetaQuotes Software...
The resilience of the USD to the weak payrolls report underscores in our view that with limited room for US front-end rates to fall, the USD’s overvaluation gap has now mostly been closed versus the G10 funding currencies (EURUSD and USDJPY already traded through our midyear targets of 1.16 and 108...
Goodmorning everyone. Anyone knows an indicator that calculates the midpoint of the open positions in the portfolio? To know the price value at which they cancel the losses using the hedging. thank you
Anyone know how to fix my Marty ea. I want to add function all order close when it reach the maximum op...I have tried myselft add order close script.. But it's doesnt work..
The latest weekly outlook from Morgan Stanley sees them liking the greenback 9 May 2016 USD: Near-Term Trend Change. Bullish. We expect USD to have some upside correction in the next few weeks as currency appreciation in low-yielding countries drive the global risk-off sentiment. Markets have begun...
Hi there, I am carried away by the fact that mt5 beta will give a tick by tick data default in the tester.! When is it releasing OR please comment any fact or flaw about it., any reviews or anything..!
The key issue facing the foreign exchange market is whether the modicum of strength the US dollar demonstrated last week is the beginning of a sustainable move. It is possible that the market is again at a juncture in which the price action will drive the narrative rather than the other way around....
In Today?s article we would a detailed look at how to trade with fractals profitably in forex.Fractals is a great tool for technical analysis and really enhance trading plans and strategies. It shows the highest high and lowest low of price movement on a chart. Fractals are a great method of...
Investors will closely follow next week’s BoE monetary policy announcement & inflation report. Weaker business activity may make a case of the central bank considering a slightly more cautious stance, which may be reflected in lower growth projections. According to our economists, the longer-term...
Hey guys, I've been having issues with my MT4 and MT5 on my desktop which is Windows 7, ( btw I can not upgrade it to Windows 10 because Lenovo doesn't support upgrading my discontinued model D30 Workstation to windows 10). Anyways, here is what's happening with MT4; the prices are updating fine,...
  IS IT POSSIBLE?  (12   1 2)
As you can see the screenshot above, is it possible to close an order with TP but before it reaches the TP price???
First, look at this scenario in an Expert Advisor: STEP 1 : ChartSetInteger (chart_ID, CHART_BRING_TO_TOP ,0, true )); // bring a chart to the foreground; STEP 2 : Sleep (2000); STEP 3 : do a job; We know that each single Expert Advisor runs in its own thread. But when I run the above code, I
When it comes to trading tactics there are only two moves you can make. You can stick to the single entry/single exit strategy or you can do multiple entries into a position until you get a better blended price that helps you turn a profit. I like to call that method "spray and pray". Price action...