Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 397

Hello forum, good day. I'm making a Pending Orders EA using a daily timeframe, and I need to place the orders on the same day that certain criteria is met. For example, lets say that if at 16.01.2014 +DI > -DI and previous candle (from 15.01.2014) is black/bearish, a BuyStop order should be placed;...
Dear Forum, i'm a newbie and i thing, my question is very easy for you professional: Has somebody an Alert for adwicing me, when the Bollinger Bands width is growing or sinking? Thanks a lot for your help snoop
Both of them are OOP. As far as I see, the main difference is that MQL4 does not have a standard library. What else? Is there any other big difference between those two?
Hello, I am building an EA and would like it to set the SL and TP levels not when the trade is opened, but at a certain time of the day after it has been placed. Can someone help me, please? Thank you!
Hello. With my multi currency EA, 15 symbols and 100s of open positions all the time, which is better to use to continually closes position/s per ticket per 1-2 conditions: 1. Should I use >   " while " ; 2. Or just simply use the code below ( But, it is not properly working     when positions are...
  Pending Order EA  (2)
Hello Forum, good day. I'm trying to finish a Pending Orders Expert Advisor that takes the OHLC prices from the previous candle/bar right when a new bar/candle is created and +DI > -DI for Buy Orders and +DI < -DI for Sell Orders, but somehow there are times that it takes this values from two or...
I watched the demo video for signal subscription , but i do not have the signals icon in my MT4 ? Why
Hi Guys I want to Get The previous Days values of a Pivot points indicator . I Use The iCustom() To Do That int DayBarNumber=iBarShift( NULL, PERIOD_H1, TimeDay( Time[1] ));// Day 1 double D1R3=iCustom( NULL, PERIOD_H1, "FXI Weekly Pivots" , maxWeeks,weeklyNotDaily,showPivotLines...
I would like to print enumaration expressions, not integers, to the expert log. For example, for the following code, is there a more smart way of doing this? PositionSelect("GBPUSD"); Print(EnumToString((ENUM_POSITION_TYPE)PositionGetInteger(POSITION_TYPE)));
When I put the following code in the OnTick() event handler, it is working: MqlTradeRequest request;   MqlTradeResult result;      request.action = TRADE_ACTION_DEAL;   request.symbol = _Symbol;   request.volume = 1;   request.type = ORDER_TYPE_BUY;   request.type_filling = ORDER_FILLING_IOC;...
Hi all i need a little help with this part of a code At the moment with this code my ea opens maximum two orders each time but the problem is that if there is a second order it could be either a second buy or a second sell and i only need it to be able to open one sell and one buy .I'm not a...
Hi, I am looking for EAs what took first 3 places on Automated trading chanpionship 2012. Names of winers: 1. Francisco Garcia Garcia 2. Juan Pablo Alonso Escobar 3. Alexey Masterov I would like to download this EAs and test it. Thank you in advance for help and support.
When I place the cursor over an opened order by an EA, I read "comment,placed manually, expert id" ... why does it say "placed manually"? Additionally, on the trade tab of toolbox, I can not see my magic number for the orders placed with OrderSend() from an EA ... there is an ID tab there, I can not
Hi guys I would know if there is any way to know, having a ticket, if the relative order has been closed with a Stop Loss or with a Take Profit Thanks Eugenio
Hello everybody I need some help on how can I use a the iCustom() function to detect the color of the circles that the indicator draw’s (Red or Green ?) ,I try to look to the Data Window to know the indicator buffers , but there is nothing . (I have the compiled file)
Will trading work if I subscribe my demo account with a live account?
Is there suppose to be a green light next to my subscription on my trading platform to show that it is correctly synchronized? It is currently showing a faded yellow and my trades did not sync with my subscribers last 5 trades now
When sending an order with TRADE_ACTION_DEAL in market execution, sl and tp fields of the MqlTradeRequest structure are neither obligatory nor optional according to the reference. Additionally, I have also checked it from the Andrew Young's book and it says that sl and tp are not placed and ignored...
[Deleted]
Good Afternoon ! Can someone please give me some guidance on this subject ? Regards, MRC
There are [in] and/or [out] descriptions at the parameter definitions on every function page in the reference. What does [in], [out] mean in the descriptions of parameters?
i want to make the settings of this indicator it should work accordingly with my strategy but somehow i'm not able to interpret the parameters on it i attached a screenshot of the parameters as they look like in mt4 and i also attached the open source mq4 file so you people can look at tit and tell
Hello everyone, I get an error 130 when I am doing an OrderModify. The code is: void SetSLTP(){ double sl, tp; for (int i = OrdersTotal() - 1; i >= 0; i--) if (OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES)) if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol() &amp;&amp; OrderMagicNumber() == Magic &amp;&amp;...
  Indicator to EA  (1)
Hello there.. I found that this indicator is quiet powerful.. I really appreciate if someone can make it as an EA . The must have in the EA.. 1) Long/short when the signal appear . 2)close when the next signal appear (no matter profit or loss) 3) lot setting
I do not understand most coding issues. I have unsuccessfully tried to create an EA using the Legacy indicator (attached), but I am completely baffled about how to code iCustom for the Legacy indicator. Is there a simple way to do this?
I am doing auto trading in binary options which expire after exact 60 seconds. I call OrderSend function when EA is initialized using init() function. I record the time in millisecond both before(say TimeA) and after(say TimeB) OrderSend function is called. When a new order is placed, an entry is...
I know there is a way to test if currently running an optimizing run in strategy tester but now I cannot find it ?
Hi ! Testing the forward result mode but can't make it show using the scrolling menu. Any help ? I have there 2464 (genetic mode) on 10496, the forward result in the scrolling menu do not show :/
Hi, I'm trying to test an EA, on Metatrader5, which includes custom indicator "Highest High", coded as below, on stock data. The indicator determines the highest of high prices of N recent bars (input HighPeriod in the code)...
I just downloaded MT4 but couldn't get any signals with Forex.com. I was told that they don't allow it, so I opened a FXCM account. On my MT4 I don't have a signal tab and every time I try to subscribe from MQL website MT4 opens and does nothing. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.
They are both taking the same parameter and returning the same type of data. They are both returning the value "true", if the array used as parameter is timeseries. I could not understand the difference between these two from the reference. Any help? Thanks a lot