Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 396

When a timer expires the terminal "jumps" to "OnTimer"  If the EA is working in some function 3 levels down (calling sub functions) how is that handled? Is the code interrupted and then resumed att the correct place or has the timer to wait until the EA gets into an idle state?
Good Afternoon, We are trying to ADD a demo account as a signal but the webpage says it is being used as a signal already. How to force the disco since we are pretty sure it is not being used. Thank y very much
I have a doubt to resolve a problem, and if anyone could help me I would be very grateful. I am trying to create a fix stoploss, using the value of indicator at the bar that gives the buy signal. For example: In this case, the position will be open at the new bar open. I am trying to capture the...
Correct me if I am wrong A Broker server starts the day on Monday 00:00 hours server time. Server time will be local time where the server is located. Consequences: - All bars on time frames higher than 1 hour will look different for brokers with servers in different time zones. - if I use...
Hello friends , I need a help but could not find anywhere in the net.  MT4 - I open a profile which has multiple windows for many pairs (names/icons arranged at the bottom in order ). Now i open the 1st chart/window e.g.EUR/USD chart . The next window is USD/JPY . AND SO ON FOR 20 MORE PAIRS , SAY...
Hi all! My question is do expert advisers keep working even after when their developers stop supporting them/cancel them, or do they continue to work as they previously did? (As opposed to signals?) Thanks!
I'm going to share with you this free idea. If you have the knowledge or resources then I appreciate you build an EA, indicator, or script and post a reply to this thread. This idea can produce 10+ pips in shorting or long in any currency pairs. MyRed Candle bar idea I'vehighlighted the red...
Hello, how to implement a working Break Even? i was thinking, i use the Bid and the Ask price, compare that with the Order Open Price and finished void OnTick()  { if(PositionSelect(_Symbol))     {    ...
[Deleted]
Hello Community, My question is the next one : Does MT5 strategy tester includes brokers variable (or fixed) spreads in testing routine ? Thank you !
HI, I need help , please see below image:   the question is: in backtesting (Strategy Tester) the input value always reset to it's initial value whenever I tried to type it down to change the value, please help   
hello, I have a rebot takes 6 positions. I wish all of my lines is the same stop must be the stop of my line 1 which is with 0.01 lot For example here is my online purchase OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,ldLot,NormalizeDouble( Ask ,Digits), Slippage ,Bid-300*Point,ldTake,lsComm,iMagic,0,NULL); I made...
Does anyone have this for a MT4 600 build? I have found great success with this EA as a tool but am not a programmer. Thanks!
  Remove of EA  (5)
Hello, i normally use some EA but also i take some manual trade. when i have an EA on a chart and i want do to a manual order too, the EA will be removed. here is a schreenshot of the chart, the trade was set manual now i want to set an EA on this chart, following massage...
No problem, I need to assign it no more than once No problem, I rarely or never need to assign a commnent to an order It is inconvenient, I can not note something about an order before it is closed It is inconvenient, I can not note something due to market/trading situations I am not an MQL...
Hi All I am new to expert programming and need to setup my Metatrader 5 up & running . So I wrote a simple expert and when I am trying it server will send retcode 10014 in result and error number 4756 is returned by GetLastError() function I add the expert script here , please don't laugh...
Hi ! I have a doubt about my EA and can not findthe answer, maybe you can help me . I've seen many EA 's demo version appearing amessage in graphic screen, something like " demo version , only 0.01 lot,for the full version contact the developer ," Anyone know how to put thiskind of messages?...
Hi guys, I am interested on using this ea. However it is for mt5, do you guys know any ea for mt4 that works similar like this ea? Below are the link to the ea. https://www.mql5.com/en/code/327 Btw, i need to tweak the ea to my needs, thats why i need it for mt4 Thanks in advance Adleee
Hi, I want to add a condition in my EA...it look for the trend and then it trades in this direction until the trend has changed...but sometimes it trades too much and the last trades (closer to the end of the trend) are always losers... I would like the EA to only trade 3 times per trend...can...
  CustomCandles  (3)
Hi experiened members, i'm looking for bull bull pattern.. in this previous candle and current candle both are bullish, but current candle engulf previous candle. I've tried to make it work if ((C1>O1)&&(C>O)&&(C>=C1)&&(O>=O1)&& ((C-O)>=(C1-O1))) { if (Display_BULL_BULL == true)...
Fellas, When I test my EA using the optimizer using a period of the past year, I continuously get the error message below 'Unmatched Data Error...'. When I use a shorter time span such as a month or two, the optimizer works and I get the optimized results. ' Anyone come across this before...
I'm looking for a native English speaking experienced EA developer from a english speaking country only. I've had some communication issues with some developers so that's why I prefer someone who's first language Is english. If interested in making some money and you are very good at making EA's...
[Deleted]
Good Afternoon, Does anyone know how to add fonts to MetaEditor? MetaQuotes web site refers to a MetaEditor fonts with several fonts I do not see when I open mine. I also checked internal subdirectories with no success. Regards, MRC
[Deleted]
Good Morning ! Is there any way to make a batch file (or simillar) to configure multiple terminals Tools > Options > Email Tab @ once ? Regards, MRC
Hello, All trading system developers and researchers understand that when doing a backtest it is very important to factor in amounts for "slippage", "broker spreads" and "broker commissions", and if a backtest does not allow for these things then the backtest results will be invalid and will not...
Hello MetaQuotes, I have executed two of your example EAs ("MACD Example" and "Moving average") in the strategy tester on GBPUSD just to find out that there is no commission charged on the deals: I didn't find any info on the forum or in the MQL5 Reference regarding such behaviour. I...
Hi,  I've modified the sample MACD script and now is is so, so slow under backtesting but I don't understand why! Could you someone tell what I'm doing wrong please (I'm a newbie to MT4): //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|...
When I open a new MQL Wizard file and choose "Expert Advisor (template)" it will only allow me to choose from two of the event handlers? It will only let me use "On Timer" and "OnChartEvent", but I want to use "On Trade"... Can anyone help?
  Volume return strange values  (11   1 2)
Hi I'm using metatrader 5 from Alpari, and I have next issue: When I'm trying to get volume it always returning strange values. I'm doing it like: long v[]; ArrayResize (v, 1000 ); ArraySetAsSeries (v, true ); CopyRealVolume ("EURUSD", PERIOD_M1 , 1 , 1000 , v); Print (v[ 0 ]+ "--" +v[ 300 ]+ "--"
Hi Im new to mql4 and Im still in learning state.. Im trying to code my multipair EA with trailing stop. Problem is that this code wont add the trailing stop to opened trades.. What am I missing here ? Here is what I got: void trail(){for(int j=0; j<ArraySize(iPairs); j++)&nbsp;&nbsp; { for...
Hello all, i try to find some multi order utility, who can in one time place 5 or 10 sell or 5 or 10 buy orders&nbsp;asking a certain interval ???