MQL4 | MQL5 trading robots & technical indicators compatibility

All,

Would I be correct in saying that all trading robots and technical indicators developed in MQL4 FROM trading terminal build 600 (.mq4) in ~feb 2014, would be fully functioning when re-compiled in MQL5 (.mq5) via the unified MetaEditor development environment?

From build 600, I understand that both MQL4 and MQL5 supported all OOP standards, therefore, I would assume this to be correct.

Thanks in advance. 

Tickstarter:

All,

Would I be correct in saying that all trading robots and technical indicators developed in MQL4 FROM trading terminal build 600 (.mq4) in ~feb 2014, would be fully functioning when re-compiled in MQL5 (.mq5) via the unified MetaEditor development environment?

From build 600, I understand that both MQL4 and MQL5 supported all OOP standards, therefore, I would assume this to be correct.

Thanks in advance. 

No. It will only work if they are coded to be compatible with both platforms, which is rarely the case.

Alain Verleyen:
No. It will only work if they are coded to be compatible with both platforms, which is rarely the case.

Thanks for your quick response.

So, since the MT5 architecture is completely different i.e. comprised of 3 servers compared to 1, there is no concept of cross-compatibility?

Tickstarter:

Thanks for your quick response.

So, since the MT5 architecture is completely different i.e. comprised of 3 servers compared to 1, there is no concept of cross-compatibility?

The cross-compatibility is possible. 

But number or types of servers are irrelevant since we're talking about client side terminals.

You may try to find (via search here on the site) different libraries and header files which simplify migration from MT4 to MT5. For example, use MT4Orders library for robots and my libraries for indicators.

Reason: