Expert adviser

Hi,

I have a very profitable expert adviser that has been worked on and programmed over the past 4 years.

It has been tested on live accounts and the strategy tester for several years of tick data. It works on all major currency pairs. The results are not unrealistic. I am not claiming to turn 100.00 into 80,000,000 in 2 years.

It does however consistently double the account balance every month or so averaging 5 % traded on each currency pair to a total of 8 major currency pairs. (40%)

I am however having some issues that I would like to discuss with someone who has the skills and knowledge to do so.

This issue at hand is that right now the expert adviser will constantly open multiple trades in the direction of the trend as long as all time frames are synced together to create buy and sell signals. (it uses 4 time frames to do so with various trend and custom technical indicators that I have created)

This is fine up until the trend changes and if you are trading on the lowest time frame which I do, (m1) then you are always going to run into the last of the trend trades which results in reversals that have great losses.

If someone has an idea to help fix this issues then I would be more then happy to pay and/or work together to help make this as profitable as it can be.

Thanks,

wforex20155

It is only logical that it crashes upon reversal. 

Reversal need to be detected as soon as possible for if you were to use MN1 for that it would mean your EA will be opening positions against the trend for a whole month.

But there is a difference between a reversal, and noise.

There are several techniques to filter out noise what is used a lot is the second or third candle of the Heiken Ashi indicator, or the reversal after X numbers of pips in opposite direction (as per Renko).

Bear in mind that M1 is the most noisy signal it has the largest amount of jitter.

A lot of reversals mean a lot of wasted Spread losses etc.

This indicates that M1 is not so good or even horrific, for trend determination, you could also exclude M1 from your trend calculation formula to remove 85% of the false reversal signals. 

Hi Marco,

"Reversal need to be detected as soon as possible for if you were to use MN1 for that it would mean your EA will be opening positions against the trend for a whole month."

The EA uses higher time frames to confirm that the m1 trades are going in the right direction.

To filter out ranging/consolidation I have a pip break function on all time frames used by the expert adviser that shows when bars have not broken out of a trend barrier and I have a volatility indicators as well.

Maybe I will try it on a higher time frame.

Would you care to take a look at the expert adviser?

I am very busy at the moment, was just putting out some words from the experience i gathered over time, trying different things..

I do not use multiple time frame strategy anymore but i am sure we have some experts on the issue.

As far as i can see you want multiple confirmation that the trend has changed i have read somewhere, that the Heiken Ashi method i mentioned earlier has a success rate of about 85%.

Ah ok.

Well thanks for the advice.

I Will look into it further.

How can I get the EA?

Pz advice 

I need help! I've created simple EA and tried backtesting it but it's not making any ticks. Tried with another EA which was made by a pro and again its not working. Any suggestions what should i do? Thanks in advance.

So you want the EA only to trade when all time frames have a correlating trend, that they're all bullish or bearish, and presumably your using an MA of some variety.

I don't think this is hard to fix, just change the condition of opening a trade to be only when all time frames are trending the same way.. 

You can achieve this by a rather bulky 'if' function which includes conditions that indicators working on the other time frame are confluent.

I've solved similar issues with my EA in the past so I'm happy to take a look if you want me to. 

My email is alexanderhindson@gmail.com 

Otherwise good luck to you! 

islana:
I need help! I've created simple EA and tried backtesting it but it's not making any ticks. Tried with another EA which was made by a pro and again its not working. Any suggestions what should i do? Thanks in advance.

Often the EA's will run through but not process ticks if the code is somehow amiss. You want to go through, check the return values, that loops are discontinued appropriately using the 'break' 'continue' and 'return' functions an just generally checking it through logically to make sure what your asking is properly written for the computer to understand (this is the hard bit and often it's dumb luck that prevails)..

Best thing to do if you can't spot any mistakes is post some of your source code to the forum and some helpful person may see the solution more easily than you.

xanderhinds:

So you want the EA only to trade when all time frames have a correlating trend, that they're all bullish or bearish, and presumably your using an MA of some variety.

I don't think this is hard to fix, just change the condition of opening a trade to be only when all time frames are trending the same way.. 

You can achieve this by a rather bulky 'if' function which includes conditions that indicators working on the other time frame are confluent.

I've solved similar issues with my EA in the past so I'm happy to take a look if you want me to. 

My email is alexanderhindson@gmail.com 

Otherwise good luck to you! 

or you can close any open positions when there is a divergence of the signals, thereby minimising your loss.
Reason: