Unable to select inputs when optimizing with "All Market Watch symbols" option

Hi, I'm new to the forum so please excuse my mistakes if any in requesting answers to my query.

I'm having issue in selecting the inputs while selecting  optimization with "All Market Watch symbols" option.

When I select a single symbol I'm perfectly able to select the input variables that need to be optimized.

But, in case when I'm selecting "All Market Watch symbols" for the "Symbol" input I'm unable to select any of my input variables for optimization. They are all grey out(disabled).

Without able to select my input vaiables it would not be worth proceeding further with optimization eve though I can start the optimization.

So, can anyone help me here in figuring out why I'm not able to select input variables when "All Market Watch symbols" is selected ??

What you want is done with special tools. This, for example.
MultiTester
MultiTester
  • www.mql5.com
Множественные прогоны/оптимизации в Тестере.

fxsaber:
What you want is done with special tools. This, for example.

Thank you for your reply @fxsaber

But, I already have an EA and want to optimize it with multiple symbols.

I'm pefectly able to optimize with a single selected symbol with desired input variables.

But, I'm not able to choose input variables when "All Market Watch symbols" is selected as all input vaiables are greyed out.

So, how to resolve this so that I can select my required input variables for opimizing ?? 

mackher: Thank you for your reply @fxsaber But, I already have an EA and want to optimize it with multiple symbols. I'm pefectly able to optimize with a single selected symbol with desired input variables. But, I'm not able to choose input variables when "All Market Watch symbols" is selected as all input vaiables are greyed out. So, how to resolve this so that I can select my required input variables for opimizing ?? 

You did not read the information at the link provided by @fxsaber. Don't just dismiss it. Read it carefully!

Fernando Carreiro:

You did not read the information at the link provided by @fxsaber. Don't just dismiss it. Read it carefully!

Thank you for the response @Fernando Carreiro

Yes, by using the Multitester lib it may(I haven't used it yet) be possible to test more than one symbol at a time.

But, I already have a EA that I'm optimizing in MT5 one symbol at a time choosing my desired input variables.

My issue is when instead of selecting a single symbol if I select "All Market Watch symbols" all my input variables are greyed out under input section of MT5 strategy tester.

And so, I'm not able to select my input variables for optimization. 

So, what is the reason for not beig able to select input variables when "All Market Watch symbols" is selected ????

mackher: Yes, by using the Multitester lib it may(I haven't used it yet) be possible to test more than one symbol at a time. But, I already have a EA that I'm optimizing in MT5 one symbol at a time choosing my desired input variables. My issue is when instead of selecting a single symbol if I select "All Market Watch symbols" all my input variables are greyed out under input section of MT5 strategy tester.

And so, I'm not able to select my input variables for optimization. So, what is the reason for not beig able to select input variables when "All Market Watch symbols" is selected ????

You continue to say the exact same things, even after I asked you to properly look that @fxsaber's link (properly and in detail). His solution allows you to test other EA's too (look at the "MultiTester_Example2.mq5" file).

The reason this happens is because the MetaTrader Strategy Tester simply does not function that way. It does not allow optimisation via Inputs and All Symbols at the same time.

That is why @fxsaber gave you an alternative solution, but you still have not looked at his code properly. Use his projects discussion thread if you need help with it.