Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 163

Can someone let me know if they can create an expert advisor that has the potential to reach 10% per month with only a 5% Max daily drawdown and 10% overall drawdown (10% total drawdown for the month and 5% max on a single day) Thank you
Hi all, I am using the OrderModify function within CTrade which works fine unless I try to set either the SL or TP as the same value as already exists. If both are different then it processes the change correctly, but if either is the same then I get a "Invalid stops" error. Reading the
I was using MqlTradeRequest and OrderSend() to open my positions. But now I am thinking of updating my code and to use CTrade and PositionOpen() instead. But I have a couple of doubts about it. (Deviation, MagicNumber and How to handle errors). In the following code: Is it properly structured
Hi , I bought an EA on the market. This one didn't work at all ( zero trade ) . this EA was deleted from the market 2 days after publishing it . The name was " Removed " . I can see my purshase pending for 6 another day . After that the seller will have my money. Any refund in this case ? MQL5
Hey everyone, I've been searching high and low for a broker that will let me execute my strategy with automated trading and I keep running into the same issues. I was hoping to save myself some time by explaining a little of what I'm trying to do and the issue I'm encountering, and hopefully someone
I have the following datetime variable: datetime candleTime1 = iTime ( _Symbol ,timeframes[i],j); and would want to get the hour integer for the candle in a way similar to what is done with MqlDateTime like this: MqlDateTime rightNow; TimeCurrent (rightNow); Print ( "Hour ="
Long before I began mentoring and coaching other traders, I was stuck in the same ‘one step forward, two steps back’ cycle of boom and bust that you are likely suffering through right now. Unfortunately, I’ve noticed that most traders never get past that point. Most traders spend the majority of
1.I'm subscribed to signal provider. Yesterday, signal provider open position at MT time 14:35 & was only copied into my account 8 hours later at MT time 22.18 . Please help to avoid same incident in future (I have yet rent VPS - but so far all signals were copied few seconds after opened (all
Hey , I've been trying to work with OrderCalcMargin which does a good job of obtaining the Margin Used by Each Order , But I'm trying to get the total of all margin Outside at the Margin Variable definition level but I'm getting same value outside the block and correct value inside the block but
Hello. I'm trying to figure out how to write data from a variable for every pass in an optimization simultaneously on every tick to a file. I am banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out. This is my pathetic attempt to make something happen double currentAsk; void OnTick () {
Dear Forum users. I currently use EA for trading. I want to try using signals too what you can bought for $30 or so. Can I still use my EA beside bought Signal at same account, or I need to open new account for that
Hi, I have an EA than has I custom calls on indicators. I need to sell it to someone but I don't want them to download the indicator. how do I entergrate the indicator into an EA? The I custum all is as follows int OnInit () { HAOPEN = iCustom ( NULL , PERIOD_H1 , "heiken_ashi" , 2 , 3 ); // open
My robot was doing bidirectional operation. But the sell position has not been opened for the last 1 week. I have not made any adjustments. Long positions only open
I Subcribed 1 Signals, They opened 1 position but after that time about 2 hours, my Account opened the same position ( At very different PRICE). I closed that position manually, then MT4 automatic opened other position (Because the signals still opened their position): 2021.07.28 09:25:21.303
Hello Friends ,I have a question in mq5 EA coding: How could I open position when the price = A . without using Pending (limit / stop) order... I mean instantly , and let Max Slippage = 1 pip for example ... And avoid more slippage This question is for when the volatility is high OR execution time
Looking for some assistance implementing an idea via meta editor. I am attempting to generate an exit signal on trades placed that compares the open price of a trade + the ATR value for the time that the trade was initiated with the opening price of a new bar. The idea is that when during a buy
Dear all, I'm trying to understand how to manage different accounts with the same EA run. I have two different accounts (let's say 001 and 002). I make the login on the account 001 and then I run my EA. Whatever the EA does, it does it under the account 001 (send, delete, modify orders). But if I
Greetings, I'm looking for a function to close any positions which incurred a Swap - the first swap incurred on a currency pair would trigger a close order in the indexed positions. Any ideas how to construct such function? All the best! K
Hello guys I am a programming beginner, I need help in being able to find the exact time of the EMAS crossing to be able to use it in .... "iBarShift(NULL,PERIOD_M1,????)," What I need is for the function to find the low and high of the price exactly after the crossing of two Emas double MaxPrice()
I want macd to close all positions if the histogram difference is 0.00050. The code should be very simple. I will integrate it into my robot. I have shown it with the attached picture. The only condition is that if the difference between the macd line and the histogram is 0.00050, all positions are
Hi, I'm just learning MQL5 and I have a question that has got me stuck. I'm trying to write a basic script that adds up all of the price values within an array //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Script program start function
Hi guys, I've got two functions defined, one to calculate a "manual" stochastic and another to calculate a Simple Moving Average: double CreateStoch( int Length, int Shift) { int HighestBar = iHighest ( _Symbol , _Period , MODE_HIGH ,Length,Shift); int LowestBar = iLowest ( _Symbol
Hi, I'm trying to write a code that can trade 4 currency pairs at a time, but I only want a maximum of 1 position per currency pair open at any given moment. However, I do not know which Function I should be using for such an instruction. I am currently using PositionsTotal()<4 to prevent more than
The compiler does not detect the following error and compiles the code without warnings. When I create a class like this: class MyClass { public : void MyClass() { } }; and then I want to instantiate it and forget to use the word "new" as follows. MyClass *myclass = MyClass() Compiles without
  Rare code issue  (10)
I wrote some lines using double values : double TotalPositive=PositiveLongs+PositiveShorts; double PositiveProfit=PositiveLongProfit+PositiveShortProfit; double TotalPositions=Longs+Shorts,TotalProfit=LongProfit+ShortProfit; double GlobalTarget= NormalizeDouble ((TotalPositions/ 100 )*Balance, 2 );
Hi, Does anyone know if there is a scalping robot available EMA MA 10 10 1m EURUSD? See attached file. If there is not, is there someone abled to develop the thing for the MQL5 trading platform . Tx, hope to heear form you Michelle
Hi, I derived my Expert from CExpert. For OrderManagement CExpert uses CExpertTrade as a member m_trade. Since I need some modifications of placing buy/sell orders, I've created my on PsExpertTrade derived from CExpertTrade. The problem now is that the main functions of CExpertTrade (Buy,Sell) are
I have been using the same robot for months successfully when suddenly this error occurred and the robot stopped trading: "OpenSellOrder:Trade disabled" Previously, there was an issue with a custom indicator which I had my coder remove. Even with the 'faulty' indicator (it was using too many
Hi, while building my robot I looked into the CExpert class. I see the Symbol-Check but there is no check for the magic_number. What am I missing ? (the Expert should only handle its own orders right?) bool CExpert::Processing( void ) { . . . //--- check if plased pending orders int total=