Signals : Ask & Say Anything & Everything About MQL5 Trading Signals - page 36

graziani:

Proxy is general term for multi-function border server. Through it's functionality connection redundancy (reliability), speed and security are achieved. Power redundancy is not connected to proxy, it is just an additional feature of this huge, private network.

Have you ever tried connecting your PC to multiple ISPs simoultaneously? It is practically impossible to do this without usage of additional software. Now imagine that in terms of connecting multiple local networks to internet, managing this connectivity, handling security etc. 

Yep,  I know what a Proxy is,  you seem to suggest that the Proxy is within your control,  if it is then why can't you investigate what ports need opening and open them ?  if it is outside your control then talk to whoever controls the Proxy,  if they are not likely to change the settings then your options are further reduced, use the connection that works.

RaptorUK:
Yep,  I know what a Proxy is

i'm sorry, you wrote:

> I don't see the connection between   "fully redundant, fast, secure, pc power supply is backed up with diesel generators etc.."  and  "This is the reason why communication is done using proxy." 

which suggests that it isn't so.

RaptorUK:
you seem to suggest that the Proxy is within your control

i'm sorry, I wrote:

> However this is my main connection towards internet: fully redundant, fast, secure, pc power supply is backed up with diesel generators etc..
> This is the reason why communication is done using proxy. The only way to access the internet is by using proxy.
> I cannot influence on changing proxy parameters, and i don't want to do that.

And yes, it will not be possible to use this connection for running specified signal on one broker,  but it works for other signal provider on other fx broker.

graziani:

Unfortunately, this is not a solution.

When i started to migrate on MT5, i ran into a number of bugs. I reported a number of bugs, and then spent much energy first to get some attention, and then to prove that these are really bugs.

In one of the last releases,  MQ  finally corrected first of the bugs i reported, 4 months later. More important, this was probably not solved because of my report, but because somebody of importance noticed that there is a relatively serious flaw in calculation, and then he corrected it.

So here i am trying to get some inspiration to solve this issue and notify other users of such error. I will find some workaround in next few hours, and not in 4 months.

#579873 | 2012.11.06 21:40
Deal not visible in history

b712/64 Last deal in history is missing, when checked from OnTester(), almost regularly (not every time). This probably happens if last deal was closed because of stop out due to end of testing period.it is not functioning

MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal build 773

3. Terminal: Fixed calculation of statistics in trading and tester reports.

Metaquotes have probably it's own priority that don't tie in yours ;-)

I can try to help. Can you confirm that all is working well with a direct connection ? And only when you use the proxy, issues arrive ?

If yes, can you post full logs here.

angevoyageur:

Metaquotes have probably it's own priority that don't tie in yours ;-)

I can try to help. Can you confirm that all is working well with a direct connection ? And only when you use the proxy, issues arrive ?

If yes, can you post full logs here.

I have opened another account at 'problematic' broker, connected another signal to it, and it is opening and closing positions as it should.
There are still errors in journal, as before, compared to no-proxy connection, but it works.

I'm giving up on this, for now.

Thanks on help everyone.

There must be a system here on this MQL5 community website of signals receiving, which can be customised according to the signals copier requirements. The lot size should be adjustable and also the number of trades.

Shunmas:
There must be a system here on this MQL5 community website of signals receiving, which can be customised according to the signals copier requirements. The lot size should be adjustable and also the number of trades.
I understand well for lot size but what do you mean by "the number of trades" ?

Shunmas:

1. I'm not really sure what you meant by "adjustable lot size". Currently, lot size is adjustable according to subscriber own set percentage on his own money,.

However if you meant by fix lot size, well, there are plenty request to make a fix lot for subscriber, however fix lot may be risky if signal keeps trading at losses, but subscriber still trade at a fix lot for the next following trades event thought signal provider already decrease his signal lot size. The result is, for the nextfollowing trades, subscriber may loss more money than it's provider.

Another thing that using fix lot may risky is, if both signal provider and subscriber have different account currency, for example signal provider has EUR account and subscriber have JPY account. The cost to open position in EUR is different in JPY, and so it's losses as well. The losses my be same in pips, but may be bigger (or smaller) in account currency, due that one currency is keep losing against the other currency. 

2.  Again, I'm not sure what you meant by "adjustable number of trades". Maybe what you meant was "if signal provider trade 10 securities, a subscriber can choose to trade with less than 10 securities". If that's what you meant, then you can suggest that to Service Desk, but surely subscriber should accept the losses since his chosen securities may be traded at losses, while other securities that he's not choose, may perform well.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Hello,

Has anyone else encountered trying to setup signals for an account that mql5 is saying is already in use??  It is my trading account and I know it is not being used for signals.  How can this be.  Any help would be appreciated.

I am looking in your general direction admin.... :)

d4amenace:

Has anyone else encountered trying to setup signals for an account that mql5 is saying is already in use??  It is my trading account and I know it is not being used for signals.  How can this be.  Any help would be appreciated.

Please address to Service Desk.

hi

my signal is appearing as disabled and not connected. however all the  statistics and open and closed trades are getting updated in real time. my broker is Xemarkets and my signal is KarachiFX https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/4647. can you please kindly check and advise what to do?

Reason: