Multiple trading of signals on the same account?

Hi, is it technically possible to manually trade your own trades  =on an account where the account is lined up through MQL5 to copy, and is actively trading, one of the signals? Thanks

As far as I know  it is not recommended.

Why manual trading leads to problems with copying of signals (accounts out of sync)? Why I cannot simultaneously subscribe to a signal and trade on one account?

Manual intervention in trading on account subscribed to a signal, prevents correct copying of Provider's signals and complicates the analysis of signal copying results.

• Subscription to a signal means that you completely rely on Provider's trading strategy. Positions and pending orders created by you or any other signal are not part of the current Provider's trading strategy.
  • The volume of copied trade operations is calculated based on the value of account balance. Subscriber's positions opened manually or by any other signal increase the deposit load and may also prevent signal copying due to insufficient free margin or lead to Margin Call.
  • In MetaTrader 5 you can have only one common position for one symbol at the same time. If Subscriber's account and Provider's account have open positions for the same symbols, signal copying can lead to reverse of the final position or to a significant change in its volume.

Should the synchronization reveal any inconsistencies, i.e. positions different from those of the Provider or any pending orders set, a standard pop-up window will appear to prompt you for permission to synchronize.

Subscriber's account is not ready for synchronization

Sergey Golubev:

As far as I know  it is not recommended.

Why manual trading leads to problems with copying of signals (accounts out of sync)? Why I cannot simultaneously subscribe to a signal and trade on one account?

Manual intervention in trading on account subscribed to a signal, prevents correct copying of Provider's signals and complicates the analysis of signal copying results.

• Subscription to a signal means that you completely rely on Provider's trading strategy. Positions and pending orders created by you or any other signal are not part of the current Provider's trading strategy.
  • The volume of copied trade operations is calculated based on the value of account balance. Subscriber's positions opened manually or by any other signal increase the deposit load and may also prevent signal copying due to insufficient free margin or lead to Margin Call.
  • In MetaTrader 5 you can have only one common position for one symbol at the same time. If Subscriber's account and Provider's account have open positions for the same symbols, signal copying can lead to reverse of the final position or to a significant change in its volume.

Should the synchronization reveal any inconsistencies, i.e. positions different from those of the Provider or any pending orders set, a standard pop-up window will appear to prompt you for permission to synchronize.

riddelln:
OK thanks Sergey, I understand that it can complicate things if margin limits and drawdowns affect the integrity of the provider's signals, but is it actually possible on MT4 or is there some mechanism which prevents it?

riddelln:
OK thanks Sergey, I understand that it can complicate things if margin limits and drawdowns affect the integrity of the provider's signals, but is it actually possible on MT4 or is there some mechanism which prevents it?
If you mean: trading manually on the account with subscribed to the signal - it may be possible but as I was reading all russial threads with the developers replied: it is possible but not recommended.
It means: it is not prohibited; it is not reconnended (means: MQ will not be responsible for any case related to this subject for example).

Thanks Sergey, as I said I understand the potential problems, but I am concerned about this pop up....

1. Is it just when I start the subscription? or

2. Will it come up every time there is a new order or trade separate to the signal provider?

3. Can I tick something on the pop-up to stop it recurring? If so, what do i tick?

thanks

Neil 

riddelln:

Thanks Sergey, as I said I understand the potential problems, but I am concerned about this pop up....

1. Is it just when I start the subscription? or

2. Will it come up every time there is a new order or trade separate to the signal provider?

3. Can I tick something on the pop-up to stop it recurring? If so, what do i tick?

thanks

Neil 

As I understand (from russian part of the forum where they discussed about it by some posts/threads):

• if you are going to subscribe to some signal using your MT4/MT5 account so it is better to keep this account just for this signal only (and do not use this account for the other trading such as manual trading etc);
  • it may be less risky if your account will not have any open trades on the moment when you are subscribing to the signal making by the signal provider, and
  • it may be less risky if the signal provider will not have any open trades on the moment you are subscribing to his signal for example.

As to some technical programming possibility so I have no idea sorry.

Reason: