Looking for patterns - page 23

Alexander_K2:
Sages advise working in a range of 50-100 ticks.

The pundits say that 50 ticks during the day is too much and 50 ticks at night is too little.

secret:

The pundits say that 50 ticks during the day is too much and 50 ticks at night is too little.

If you reduce it during the day and add it at night, it will greatly distort the picture (the average). Maybe it should be the other way round?

Roman Kutemov:
If you turn it down during the day and add it up at night, it will distort the picture a lot (average). Maybe it should be the other way round.

So you should try it. Self-work is more effective than reading the forums.

Maxim Romanov:

the analysis window should be floating.

Maxim, can you choose one strategy out of all the methods you have suggested, which in your opinion is the most likely to bring results? Then somehow formulate the conditions. We will automate them and check them statistically.

Guys, if you have ideas that are valuable to you and you don't mind sharing them, then please formulate them. If you can implement it in an indicator - do it, if you can't, I or someone else will do it. And then we will test this idea with statistics. All numerical results, conclusions and codes will be published here.

I will now do the Chingiz Project check - Extrems

Alexander_K2:
The pundits advise working in the 50-100 tick range.

Alexander, develop your thought. I am listening to you attentively.

secret:

And to you, Secret.

Aleksei Stepanenko:
Maxim, can you choose one strategy out of all the ways you have suggested which you think is most likely to bring results? Next, formulate the conditions somehow. We will automate them and check them statistically.
I did it a long time ago and I've already checked it all), got positive results and even used it in trading for 2 years. It's no longer relevant to me now, so I'm sharing the pattern. But if you need an algorithm, you will have to do it yourself, I am only sharing my experience.

Maxim Romanov:
It's no longer relevant to me now,

So then we wait for the fresh one.

I don't know who lives in what, I write MQL4. Maybe everyone's in 5? I can rewrite the codes.

Aleksei Stepanenko:

And you, Secret.

Well that means an adaptive number of ticks. The inverse of the daily average tick volume profile. From there by the slightest logical movement of mind we simply arrive to the range-bars. But this is not a grail of course, but just a tool to align the statistical characteristics of the market, suitable for the favorite A_K quasi-bollinger.

secret:

The pundits say that 50 ticks during the day is too many and 50 ticks at night is too few.

I have a different way of discretising time.

However, equilibrium bars are the first step to understanding market time, which is like a Russian harmonica - it shrinks and unclenches and beats unhappy sufferers on the cheek... The suffering people, however, do not understand who beats them and why, and suffer a lot because of it ...

Reason: