My dissatisfaction to the strategy tester. to the MQL developers - page 5

fxsaber:

It's strange, I have a few megabytes of EX5 each. Exactly as much as BMP files take up.

And you compare how the zip compresses them on a weak compression mode. Maybe BMP files are like that.

Resource compression works.

Actually it is not serious to state such things without proofs in the face of direct refutation.

Renat Fatkhullin:

And you compare how their zip compresses on a weak compression mode. Maybe BMP files are like that.

Resource compression works.

When I get to the computer, I'll provide a playback.

fxsaber:

In order to trade formula synthetics like regular symbols, you need to be able to parse them.

Is parsing these formulas entirely up to the MQL programmer?

It is possible to write a library that will trade a properly specified formula synthetic like a regular one. Market orders only.

Then a triangular arbitrage, for example, would be written in a few lines.

What do you mean by parsing?

If we are talking about writing a formula, it is of course up to the person who wants to use it. No one will write the formula for him.

fxsaber:

For formula synthetics can you use CopyTicks to intervals that were BEFORE the symbol was created and placed in Market Watch?

If using formula synthetics, it is best not to use any imports so that they are not inevitably overwritten at some point.

Imports or injections should be used on clean casts, where you have a 100% guarantee that no one else will saturate them with data.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Any files in a row are not automatically added to the storage.

Give command "Add file or folder" on necessary files. To see all files in directories, not just standard ones, enable "Show all files" mode in the context menu.

Yes, that's how it works, but what if there are 100-300 files? All manually add?

Renat Fatkhullin:

What do you mean by parsing?

So, a person wants to trade "pow(EURGBP, 0.5) * pow(GBPUSD, 0.5)" instead of EURGBP.

He creates such a symbol and wants to trade using something ready-made, for example, from the Market.

The author of the Market product should be able to parse the formula of the symbol to be launched by the user. To be able to figure out which lots and directions to send in the source symbols.

This is what parsing is all about.

Renat Fatkhullin:

If you're using formula synthetics, it's best not to use any imports, lest they inevitably get overwritten at some point.

Imports or injects should be used on pure casts, where there's a 100% guarantee that no one will saturate them with data but you.

It's not about imports. I've just created a formula synthetic. And I want to get its tick history for last month. If I call CopyTicksRange for it, than the terminal will fetch a tick history of initial symbols and create the tick history of custom one? This will use all the ticks there, not 10Hz.

Vladimir Pastushak:

Yes it does work, what to do if there are 100-300 files ? Do you have to add everything manually?

Add folder in the context menu will help you.

Gentlemen, well, what is it? Already started complaining (a couple of hours ago there was a similar question) and discussing adding a file.

I understand that "you have to properly and patiently explain to everyone everything", but it's already too much.

fxsaber:

A person wants to trade "pow(EURGBP, 0.5) * pow(GBPUSD, 0.5)" instead of EURGBP.

He creates such a symbol and wants to trade using something ready-made, for example, from the Market.

The author of the Market product should be able to parse the formula of the symbol the user runs on. To be able to figure out which lots and directions to send in the source symbols.

This is what parsing is all about.

If you have such a need, then do it yourself.

Not only that, but you could have done it yourself a long time ago and without our synthetics, as all the possibilities are there.

Renat Fatkhullin:

If you have such a need, then do it yourself.

Not only that, but you yourself could have done it long ago and without our synthetics at any time before, as all the possibilities are there.

It is about the raw data that is available for a new kind of product - trading on synthetics.

Reason: