On the unequal probability of a price move up or down - page 6

Ольга Кириенко:
*In the fifth post.
I liked it better in the fifth psalm. Yes, obviously if we trade EURGBP, then 10 pips on it is worth as much in dollars as 10 pips on EURUSD multiplied by the current value of GBPUSD. In the same way, 10 pips of GBPEUR (although it is not present in the terminal to trade it as a single instrument) costs the same in dollars as 10 pips of EURUSD multiplied by the current value of EURUSD. Nothing contradicts anything, everything is beautiful. However, the ability to reduce the number of independent variables in a triangle from 2 to 1 is a fundamentally important result from which extremely far-reaching constructions can be built )

Mikhael1983:
I liked the fifth psalm better. Yes, obviously if we trade EURGBP, then 10 pips on it is worth as much in dollars as 10 pips on EURUSD multiplied by the current value of GBPUSD. Nothing contradicts anything, everything is beautiful.
How is the EurGbp exchange rate formed?

Mikhael1983:
I liked the fifth psalm better. Yes, obviously if we trade EURGBP, then 10 pips on it is worth as much in dollars as 10 pips on EURUSD multiplied by the current value of GBPUSD. Nothing contradicts anything, everything is beautiful.
Well sort of, yes, that's right, where are we getting screwed.... fucked?

Vladimir Baskakov:
How is the EurGbp exchange rate formed?
Funny question. EURGBP by definition is EURUSD/GBPUSD, or as I have here for short ED/PD, or EN/PN, which is the same. Well, either only through EN, or only through PN, since they are not independent.

Mikhael1983:
Funny question. EURGBP by definition is EURUSD/GBPUSD, or as I have here for short ED/PD, or EN/PN, which is the same. Well, either only through EN, or only through PN, since they are not independent.
So, whoever is higher on the chart from the majors wins in the cross

Vladimir Baskakov:
So whoever is higher on the chart from the majors wins the cross
I don't understand a word of it. What do you mean by "means"? There is no connection with my words... How do you understand "above"? How do you understand "majors"? What majors, we have moved to a new currency of quotation N = P - E. How do you understand "wins the cross"??? Puzzles.

Mikhael1983:
Decidedly don't understand a single word. How do you understand "means"? There is no connection to my words... How do you understand "above"? How do you understand "majors"? What majors, we have moved to a new currency of quotation N = P - E. How do you understand "wins the cross"??? Puzzles.
EurUsd, GbpUsd are majors.EurGbp cross rate.
Ever wonder why some crosses are formed by division, some by multiplication?

The obvious fact is that there is no 50/50. If there was a 50/50, then every strategy would be losing without averaging and martingale... That's a first...

If it were 50/50, there would be no indicators such as the Sharpe Ratio, where the potential profit can be an order of magnitude higher than the potential loss. That's the second thing...

All those who write 50/50 don't know what they're talking about.
It seems that you do not have profitable EAs, without martin, since you write that the odds are like at roulette...

Go to the signals section and see how accounts earn tens of thousands of percent... They're probably guessing and it's pure chance out of hundreds, thousands of trades... Lucky you say, because there's a 50/50 chance.

There is no point in arguing, since you are here, it means you believe the odds may be higher than one in one. Or do you think it is impossible to earn on Forex trading year in and year out?

Ah yes), I know that as usual there will be those who are bombed, but I'm not adding this post to my favorites because there's nothing to discuss here.) So you can dispense with the parry ;).
With respect for each other friends let's :)

Vladimir Baskakov:
EurUsd, GbpUsd are majors.EurGbp cross rate.
Ever wonder why some crosses are formed by division, some by multiplication?
You obviously don't understand the meaning of the words, that's the clue. Cross means intersection, interdependence (depending on context). You can declare ND = A*ED + B*PD and it will still be a cross, just like any inverse relation. There are no "majors", you are free to choose which variables you consider independent and which are derived. All that matters is the number of independent variables.

Mikhael1983:
You obviously don't understand the meaning of the words, that's the clue. Cross means intersection, interdependence (depending on context). You can declare ND = A*ED + B*PD and it will still be a cross, just like any inverse relationship. There are no "majors", you are free to choose which variables you consider independent and which are derived. All that matters is the number of independent variables.
I get it, there are no "majors". No more questions.
Reason: