On the unequal probability of a price move up or down - page 29

khorosh:

EURUSD and EURGBP are bad profits, but EURUSD and GBPUSD are good profits.) It's similar to Russian gas being bad gas (the aggressor's gas).))) Well, I'll keep that in mind, enlightened).

I have made my point.

You have paid double spread on a part of your trades that makes no trading sense.

This is bad, it shows that you don't understand what you are doing.

If you did, then instead of trading 0.1 on EURUSD and 0.07 on GBPUSD you would open with 0.03 on EURUSD and 0.06 on GBPUSD.

The fact that you ended up with some profit is neither good nor bad, it's just not a fact, for you have not shown it in real time.

If you show the same thing, albeit inefficiently implemented, as in your pair of trades - but in real time - I will be the first to say that you are good.

But something tells me you won't dare to show the trick in real time like I did.

Mikhael1983:
I have justified my point of view.

You have paid double the spread on a part of your trades that makes no trading sense.

This is bad, it shows that you do not understand what you are doing.

If you did, then instead of trading 0.1 on EURUSD and 0.07 on GBPUSD you would open with 0.03 on EURUSD and 0.06 on GBPUSD.

The fact that you ended up with some profit is neither good nor bad, it's just not a fact, for you didn't show it in real time.

If you show the same thing, albeit inefficiently implemented, as in your pair of trades - but in real time - I will be the first to say that you are good.

But something tells me you won't dare to show real time focus like I did.

Me neither.I had a signal on these pairs, while I didn't have one on EURUSD and GBPUSD (not enough spread).Why did I have to skip the signal on these pairs because the profit on them was bad? Profits are not bad, only losses are bad).

When I finish testing the indicator, I will demonstrate the trade online.

khorosh:

Me too,I had a signal on these pairs and no signal on EURUSD and GBPUSD at the time (not enough spread value).Should I have missed the signal on those pairs because the profit on them is bad? Profits are never bad, only losses are bad).

You could have cut the dead, overlapping zero lots on the eu. Otherwise, this is a "buy 10 bags of potatoes in the warehouse, immediately sell 8 bags at a discount back to the warehouse, sell the remaining 2 to retail at a markup and make a profit" operation. Is there a profit? There is, but less than there could be. And it simply doesn't make sense, you could have just bought two bags.

Evgeny Belyaev:

No, of course not. Everything is speculative, there would be no emissions if it depended on "export/import".

Zhen, I really agree.

You don't have to go far.

For example, today swaps on some pairs changed.

I looked - interest rates haven't changed all week

What influenced the swaps?

;)

vladavd:

The dead, overlapping euR lots could have been reduced. Otherwise it is a "buy 10 bags of potatoes in the warehouse, immediately sell 8 bags at a discount back to the warehouse, sell the remaining 2 to retail at a mark-up and make a profit" operation. Is there a profit? There is, but less than there could be. And it simply doesn't make sense, you could have just bought two bags.

I agree, I just made a script yesterday that calculates lots. For now it calculates the same for all pairs. I have to evaluate the correctness of the indicator first of all. If it works profitably, I will finalize everything else later. Including the reduction of overlapped lots.

Renat Akhtyamov:

Zhen, I really do agree.

You don't have to go far.

For example today swaps have changed on some pairs.

Looked at it - interest rates have not changed all week.

What influenced the swaps?

;)

Donald Duck Trump :)

Got to the computer.

danminin:

Is that how much the rouble has fallen since its start date?

It was $0.33, now it is $0.017.

It is 20 times cheaper .

Consider the opposite exchange rate. The dollar/ruble exchange rate. the dollar was worth 3 roubles, now it is worth 60 roubles. it has risen 20-fold.

The dollar has fallen more than 50 times in the last 75 years (since WWII). And you have no benchmark. I've been working on this for a long time, and there's always one equation missing to establish how a currency (any currency, such as the dollar) changes to itself at a given point in time in the past. All these estimates (as I said above - cheaper by a factor of 50) they are very rough and based on comparisons with some characteristic real things, but since the times are different (now and 75 years ago), the consumption patterns of the average person are radically different - the margin of error of the estimates is extremely high. However, not the point. The point is that your "20 times cheaper" and "20 times increased" is an empty sound, until you specify in relation to what has become cheaper and increased, and when you specify it, it immediately becomes clear that it is the same empty sound, because if in relation A to B has changed in an unknown way and A and B, then it is impossible to identify how it has changed separately A or separately B.

danminin:

taking the shuttle to the factory?

well you are the one who believes that the probability of the eurodollar rising by 9999 points is the same as the probability of it falling by 9999 points.
in other words, the probability of the eurodollar rising 2 times is the same as the probability of the eurodollar falling 10,000 times.

the great economist?
the change in the exchange rate depends on the change in a country's exports/imports, and the change in a country's exports/imports depends on the growth/decline of the economy.
and that's not the main point of that post. you got caught up in a secondary phrase.

If you can't understand what I have written there, you should rather see a doctor.

If you think working in industry is shameful, I pity you. But that's not the point.

More importantly, despite your fantasies I do not and never have believed "that the probability of the Eurodollar rising 9999 points is the same as its falling 9999 points".

Regarding the third, a change in the exchange rate depends on a country's export/import change AND ANOTHER 100500 factors (and export/import change is far from important), and a country's export/import change depends on a rising/falling economyAND ANOTHER 100500 factors (and rising/falling economy is far from important).

khorosh:

When I finish testing the indicator, I will demonstrate the trade online.

Let me take you up on your word. Let's make a note of that promise.

vladavd:

It was possible to cut down on the dead, overlapping euR lots. Otherwise it is a "buy 10 bags of potatoes in the warehouse, immediately sell 8 bags at a discount back to the warehouse, sell the remaining 2 to retail at a mark-up and make a profit" operation. Is there a profit? There is, but less than there could be. And it simply doesn't make sense; you could have just bought two bags.

At least VladADV understood what he was talking about. That's good. For the readers of the branch, using the fact that I'm at my computer (and not the phone) I'll write that a deal, for example, buy on EURGBP volume 1 is identically to a pair of deals: buy on EURUSD volume 1, and simultaneously sell on GBPUSD volume equal to EURGBP at the time of deal opening.

Reason: