E&A Standard Trading System - page 21

Same issue on the 5 min chart.

dont worry about repaint . just test it

-------------------------------------

nirvaman:
-------------------------------------

You say don't worry about the repaint just test it? How would one make a trade on a signal that doesn't show up until a few bars later? Go back in time and make the trade? You do get signals with this system that occur real time once in a while. I have tested this system forward on my live account. It's not bad, but the repainting is an issue.

jturns23,

I don't think it repaints so much as the apa doesn't refresh, if that makes any sense. I have noticed if you click on the properties of the APA and just hit "ok" it will refresh the APA and you will sometimes get a signal on the working bar. Does anyone know of a way to program a "refresh" for the APA inside EAS Signals?

-DREWP

if 0 means absolut no programming skills I'm arrond -10

Maybe some of the coders from the indicatorsection can help.

DREWP:
piptaker,

I have commissoned an EA for this system. I should know more by the end of the week.

-DREWP

If you dont mind posting the graph of the EA when u get it......

DREWP,

I did some search on this forum, and I believe APA does repaint. It's called SilverTrend, and then ForexOFFTrend. If that's true, then no wonder EAS repaints as well.

But as long as it's made pips for some of us in manual trading, it doesn't really matter. It's still a good signal to watch.

Thanks,

nyingtik

Hi everybody,

may somebody tell me please on EAS indicator is sound signal or not? Because on inputs I see: alerts - true. Also for testing would be very helpfull to create email alert.

DREWP:
jturns23,

I don't think it repaints so much as the apa doesn't refresh, if that makes any sense. I have noticed if you click on the properties of the APA and just hit "ok" it will refresh the APA and you will sometimes get a signal on the working bar. Does anyone know of a way to program a "refresh" for the APA inside EAS Signals?

-DREWP

I do not agree because I too have seen it , it may not be called repainting. But never the less when "common sense" price action tells you that a down or up move has started I have witness many times on a 1min chart where the EAS does not show a arrow and the same with the APA. But as soon as you flip from a 1min to and other time frame and back again to the 1 min the EAS very much shows the arrow that was not there before and the APA flips and both show and entry the was not to be seen unless you refreshed your charts. As for and EA how effect will it be if it contains the same refresh issue?

It may not be called "repaint" but for sure its a refresh issue which makes it very hard to do a visual back test to see the worthiness of the system.

Iceman19999:
I do not agree because I too have seen it , it may not be called repainting. But never the less when "common sense" price action tells you that a down or up move has started I have witness many times on a 1min chart where the EAS does not show a arrow and the same with the APA. But as soon as you flip from a 1min to and other time frame and back again to the 1 min the EAS very much shows the arrow that was not there before and the APA flips and both show and entry the was not to be seen unless you refreshed your charts. As for and EA how effect will it be if it contains the same refresh issue? It may not be called "repaint" but for sure its a refresh issue which makes it very hard to do a visual back test to see the worthiness of the system.

Hi,

this what you described is one problem. Another one you can also see on my attached pictures. The last blue arrow (difficult to see) moved one candle to the left. So we have a refresh and repaint issue.

Reason: