how to identify price reversal points - page 15

andreybs:
Therefore, the classic ones are not suitable. Trend strength is needed to set the boundary conditions when channel trading is possible. However, I have already figured out how to do it better - I am modifying the zigzag.

I am not using any charts at all, I am just looking for extrema in the nearest history at every new bar opening provided the previous bar has rolled back.

About the charts: Have a look at the discussion at https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/121649. It's all there.

icas:

I don't use any charts at all, I just look for extrema in the nearest history at the opening of each new bar, provided the previous bar has rolled back.

About the charts: see the discussion at https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/121649. It's all there.

Yes, and I'm talking about a similar one (about the zigzag - there nodes are linked to support and resistance levels). I just need it for MTS, an eye estimate - for manual trading.

andreybs:
If it can be put into words, then it can be programmed and I could do it. If it's pathetic to share something you don't even use... well you have a right to...

It's not a question of pity or not pity. The point is that I don't see the point of giving away something I've been working on for a long time. Although I don't use it myself. I think it's not important which indicator to use, it's important how! You can use any indicator and use its signals, but you must not enter the market when the price breaks through the level formed on the chart after crossing the indicator.

andreybs:

Yes, and I'm talking about a similar one (about the zigzag - there are nodes associated with support and resistance levels). I just need it for MTS, an eyeball estimate - for manual trading.

There's a good zigzag done in this thread, have a look.

Suppose you have caught the extremum, what next? Next you need to determine the entry point and the target (it has been said many times that the exit from the trade is more important than the entry). In this topic <a href="/en/41771/
This is what you define the target for.

icas:

A good zigzag has been made in this thread, have a look.

Let's say you've caught the extremum, what next? Next you need to determine the entry point and the target (it has been said many times that the exit from the trade is more important than the entry). In this topic <a href="/en/41771/

With the right input, the output is not important.

icas:

A good zigzag is done in this thread, take a look.

Suppose you have reached an extremum, what next? Next, you need to determine the entry point and the target (it has been said many times that the exit from the trade is more important than the entry). In this topic <a href="/en/41771/

Seen it. I've already made a great zigzag of my own. :)

The extremum is caught by the oscillator. The zigzag confirms it. Depending on the angle of slope of the channel, its width and trend direction, a decision to enter is made. The exit is based on adaptive trailing (it is connected to the angle of slope of the channel and its width) and/or on a negative forecast (we forecast a strong reversal). Just the link you provided is suitable for predicting trend reversal/weakening. I was planning to use other methods. But who prevents you from using them all at once? :)

I am now working on an indicator that will show the direction and width of the channel at any given time (including historical data).

paukas:
With the right input, the output is not important.
Only with good adaptive trailing... Well, or you will have to limit the profit heavily.

andreybs:
with good adaptive trailing...
Adaptive trailing is a good thing. There is also a suggestion: after breaking even, pull up the stop loss after a candle in the opposite direction to the trend.

icas:
Adaptive trailing is a good thing. There is also a suggestion: after breakeven, we should pull up the stop loss after the candle in the opposite direction to the trend.
If we want to draw through the order until the end of the trend and take the maximum profit, we should not fix the breakeven immediately after entering its zone. Everything depends on the direction and width of the channel. Roughly speaking, a stop loss should not be set closer than the size of the vertical slice of the channel. That's why I use adaptive trailing - the far one works when the forecast is good, the near one works when it's going to be bad. :)))) The purpose of the latter is to take maximal profit or decrease losses. It automatically turns on at a strong breakdown/acceleration of a trend. You can collect well on the acceleration of a trend... )))

andreybs:
There is a subtlety - if we want to draw the order to the end of the trend and take the maximum profit, we cannot fix the breakeven immediately after entering its zone. Everything depends on the direction and width of the channel. Roughly speaking, a stop loss should not be set closer than the size of the vertical slice of the channel. That's why I use adaptive trailing - the far one works when the forecast is good, the near one works when it's going to be bad. :)))) The purpose of the latter is to take maximal profit or decrease losses. It automatically turns on at a strong breakdown/acceleration of a trend. You can collect well on the acceleration of the trend... )))

I agree, that's why I first set the stoploss at the level of planned minimum profit.
Reason: