ePayments - everything? - page 19

Ihor Herasko:

I have an MC. I'll see how fast it goes. Thank you.

to PrivatBank in a jiffy.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

instantly on Visa.

I've done it a couple of times.

Skrill also say up to 25 working days, but in fact it takes from 1 day to a month.

Is there a payment system in the world where you did not transfer to?

Vladimir Baskakov:
Is there a payment system in the world where you do not transfer?
PayPal
Paid with them a couple of times.
Oh, yeah. Alipay. Signed up but never tried it.
Tax.... Well known cis systems seem to be all tried.

Vladislav Andruschenko:
PayPal
Paid with them a couple of times.
Oh, yeah. Alipay. Signed up but never tried it.
Tax.... I think I've tried all of them.
Coin?

Vladimir Baskakov:
Coins?

Bitcoins are lying around, but I don't use them much.
No, I don't.
There were, I converted them to roubles, at a high exchange rate.
Not really using them at the moment.

Ihor Herasko:

I have an MC. I'll see how fast it goes. Thank you.

Strangely enough, the money came today (Saturday, seems to be a holiday everywhere). It's not clear where the exchange rate is taken from either. The bank's website shows a 23.4 purchasing rate for cards, and the credit went to 23.69. It's good, of course, when it's like that, in my direction. But I would still like to understand why this is the case (crediting at the weekend and the rate used).

Ihor Herasko:

Strangely enough, the money came today (Saturday, seems to be a holiday everywhere). The exchange rate, too, is unclear where it came from. The bank's website shows a purchase rate of 23.4, but the transfer was made at 23.69. It is good, of course, when it is like that, in my direction. Still, I'd like to understand why this is the case (crediting on a weekend and the rate used).

Check the course here:https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/get-support/convert-currency.html

(remember to put a number in the 'Bank Fee *' field)

Currency Converter from Mastercard | Foreign Currency Exchange Rate Calculator
  • www.mastercard.us
Mastercard® Currency Converter

Vladimir Karputov:

Check the rate here:https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/get-support/convert-currency.html

(remember to put a number in the 'Bank Fee *' field)

When making the transaction, ePayments has clearly indicated that the credit will be credited at the purchase rate set by the bank. The MS is now showing 23.76. The bank may be setting its own rate on Saturday as well, just not showing it on the website, leaving the rate of the last working day.

Received this letter from DSX today:

Due to news that ePayments has temporarily suspended all accounts, we have to inform you that transfers between DSX and ePayments have been stopped.

The following transfer methods are currently available to you:

1. Bank transfers;
  2. Bank cards;
  3. Cryptocurrency transfers.

We will inform you as soon as we have any news. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
DSX Team

A few hours ago I tried a withdrawal to ePayments wallet and got a message that there was an unexpected error and the amount was blocked.

And just now their website had this:

On the February 11, 2020 ePayments Systems Limited ('ePayments') agreed with the Financial Conduct Authority ('FCA') to suspend all activity on its customer accounts.

This decision was taken following a review, by the FCA, of ePayments anti-money laundering systems and controls, which identified weakness that required remediation.

We know this will be a very frustrating time for our customers.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and are working diligently with the FCA to ensure improvements are made and accounts can be reactivated as soon as possible.

During this improvement process, we want to assure customers that their funds are being safeguarded as normal.

Reason: