VPS server. Questions.

Good time!

Questions about VPS server operation

1. How do I stop an EA which is on VPS hosting?

Point of the Rules of Usage "IV. Rental of virtual terminal

The user may temporarily stop and restart the Virtual Terminal from his client terminal and the lease term is not extended. All terminal activity is displayed in expert and terminal logs". Does stopping the virtual terminal mean stopping of Expert Advisors working in it? How is this done technically?

2. How do I delete pending orders remaining after the EA has been deleted?

3. How to delete/replace it with another EA on the same trading tool on an already rented hosting?

Questions on settings

If you understand or understand it, please advise//

1. In the settings of tab mail, field SMTP server - where to find the address of the used SMTP-server and port number (yandex mail)?

2. About FTR, I haven't encountered it before, I don't understand where do the parameters come from?

FTP server - address of the FTP server to which the reports will be sent. For example, ftp.company.com.

FTP path - the path to the directory on the FTP server in which the reports will be stored. Specify the path from the root directory, for example: /inetpub/statements.

FTP login - login for authorisation on the FTP server.

FTP password - password for authorization on FTP server.

Passive mode - switch from the active mode to the passive one. In the active mode, the trading platform should accept connection from the FTP server, and in the passive mode - vice versa, the server from the platform.

klavenok_1803:

Good time!

Questions about VPS server operation

1. How do I stop an EA that is being hosted on a shared hosting server?

Press the stop button.
Please donot try to use the "delete pending orders" function if you do not know how to delete all pending orders:

Good time!

Questions on work of VPS server

3. How to delete/replace it with another EA on the same trading instrument, on already rented hosting?

Set up a new trading environment and perform synchronisation. Help Video:

klavenok_1803:

Good times!

Questions on operation of the VPS server

2. How to delete pending orders which were left after removal of an Expert Advisor?

Log in to your trading account in any convenient way (through the terminal for desktop Windows, through the mobile terminal... ) and delete all the pending orders.

Hi all!

Using a third party VPS

I have received an email:

Dear MyForexVPS Client,

We would like to inform you that we need to replace 2 of our servers in London which run on Hyper-V technology, with newer ones with VMware technology as we no longer work with Hyper-V technology.

All client servers will be migrated to the new VMware servers over the weekend (february 2-3 and february 9-10).

Name of your VPS server: .

The IP addresses of the servers will not change.

We apologise for any inconvenience!

Hardware ID will change and all the Expert Advisors purchased in mql5 will no longer work?

Thank you in advance

Rostyslav Bunis:

Hardware ID will change and all EAs purchased in mql5 will stop working?

I thank you in advance.

To the hardware and operating system.

Rostyslav Bunis:

Hardware ID will change and all EAs purchased in mql5 will stop working?

Thank you in advance

You should keep in mind that a product from the Market can be activated on 5 machines by default. i.e. even if you change the server, it does not mean that you will have to buy the product again.

Nikolay Khrushchev:

You should keep in mind that the product from the marketplace can be activated on 5 machines by default. i.e. even if you change servers, it does not mean that you have to buy the product again.

This is all understandable. But when it is the last license, then it becomes hurt, because it is because of this and sit on the old VPS. and then notified that the change of technology.

Or another option: the developer has updated the version of the EA, it turns out to be worse than the previous one, but it is impossible to rollback to the old version.

In general, I think that there is nothing to be done here.

I have another question for the hosting company. I just watched the video and figured out that the fee is 10 quid for one terminal?

If I have 50 terminals, I pay for each terminal separately?

Vladimir Karputov:
Click on "Stop" button.

Set up the new trading environment and carry out synchronisation. Help video:

Any way you like, log in to your trading account (desktop Windows terminal, mobile terminal... ) and delete all pending orders.

Thanks, Dwight! I will try...)

Kaspersky Password Manager
Create strong password for your account
CREATE
Do not show anymore

Sergey Golubev:

To hardware and operating system.

By hardware, do you mean HardwareID?

Rostyslav Bunis:

By hardware, do you mean HardwareID?

No comment.

Vladimir Karputov:

No comment.

Let me put it another way. the thing is, I use ***. a notification came

Dear Customer ***,

We would like to inform you that we need to replace our 2 servers in London which run on Hyper-V technology, with newer ones with VMware technology as we no longer work with Hyper-V technology.

I understand that after the technology change, all the EAs we purchased will stop working.

i am trying to solve the server problem as these are the last activated licenses and almost 10000 has been spent on all the products

What should be left unchanged after the technology change so that the purchased EAs would continue to work

Rostyslav Bunis:

Let me put it another way. the thing is, I use ***. a notification came

Dear Customer ***,

We would like to inform you that we need to replace 2 of our servers in London which run on Hyper-V technology, with newer ones with VMware technology as we no longer work with Hyper-V technology.

I understand that after the technology change, all the EAs we purchased will stop working.

i am trying to solve the server problem as these are the last activated licenses and almost 10000 has been spent on all the products

I will not change the technology and the purchased Expert Advisors will continue to work, so they will not work after the change of technology.

Yes you buy their server physically and put it where you need it!

Reason: