VPS server. Questions. - page 20

Should I trade using a VPS provided by the broker, or is it better to trade with an outsourced VPS server?

Jarvis89 #: Should I trade using a VPS provided by the broker, or is it better to trade with an outsourced VPS server?
  1. What's the difference? Define better.
  2. Broker provided should provide less lag, important only if you trade the M1 or during news.

Jarvis89 #: Should I trade using a VPS provided by the broker, or is it better to trade with an outsourced VPS server?

It depends on too many factors. Not possible to provide any advice with so little information.

In MT4 on my VPS, the ping time down the bottom right of the application shows 210ms.  However I can see the IP address in the srv file, and if I run a psping (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/psping) to ping that IP address on port 443, I get a response in as little as 2ms.  How can there be such a big discrepancy?  The broker here is Blueberry Markets.  I am not sure what MT4 is actually doing to calcuate a 210ms ping time.  210ms is fairly slow.

Note for another, separate broker (Global Prime)... both MT4 and psping agree on the same time (approx 80ms).
PsPing - Windows Sysinternals
PsPing - Windows Sysinternals
  • markruss
  • docs.microsoft.com
Measure network performance.

Gando76 #: In MT4 on my VPS, the ping time down the bottom right of the application shows 210ms.  However I can see the IP address in the srv file, and if I run a psping (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/psping) to ping that IP address on port 443, I get a response in as little as 2ms.  How can there be such a big discrepancy?  The broker here is Blueberry Markets.  I am not sure what MT4 is actually doing to calcuate a 210ms ping time.  210ms is fairly slow. Note for another, separate broker (Global Prime)... both MT4 and psping agree on the same time (approx 80ms).

The normal ping and even the PSPing, are just normal TCP/IP ping, while the MetaTrader ping takes into account the processing of the trading application protocol itself.

Given that it is currently the weekend and that there may be server maintenance under way, I suggest waiting until markets are fully open with trading active for a more realistic network latency metric to be displayed.

I bought a VPS with MQL5 on their MT4 terminal. it worked the first day and now it doesn't open any more positions. auto trading option is included. allow live trading is also included.
who should I turn to for help, MQL5 has no chat support, I don't even see an email address for help anywhere.

30247133 #:
I bought a VPS with MQL5 on their MT4 terminal. it worked the first day and now it doesn't open any more positions. auto trading option is included. allow live trading is also included.
who should I turn to for help, MQL5 has no chat support, I don't even see an email address for help anywhere.

Have you synchronized your EA correctly with your MQL5 VPS?

Have you checked the MQL5 VPS Journal for succesful running of your EA?

Have you checked your MQL5 VPS Journal (Terminal & Experts tabs) for any errors?

When you use MQL5 VPS you do not need to keep your computer on.

You must synchronize properly your EAs and/or indicators in order to work on the virtual server.

Your MQL5 VPS's journal log will begin recording after your first synchronization.

In order to synchronize an Expert Advisor with your MQL5 VPS server, you need to attach your EA on a chart, click the Auto Trading button and then right click on your VPS server >> Synchronize experts, indicators.

After the synchronization you check the VPS (right click) >> Journals, that you are getting the following message: 1 (or whatever) chart, 1 (or whatever) EA, 0 (or whatever) custom indicators, signal disabled.

After the synchronization with your MQL5 VPS you DO NOT keep the Auto Trading button ON.

Eleni Anna Branou # :

Jeste li ispravno sinkronizirali svoj EA sa svojim MQL5 VPS-om?

Jeste li provjerili MQL5 VPS Journal radi uspješnog rada vašeg EA?

Jeste li provjerili ima li u vašem MQL5 VPS dnevniku (kartice Terminal & Experts) grešaka?

Kada koristite MQL5 VPS ne morate držati računalo uključenim.

Morate ispravno sinkronizirati svoje EA i/ili indikatore kako biste radili na virtualnom poslužitelju.

Dnevnik vašeg MQL5 VPS-a počet će se snimati nakon vaše prve sinkronizacije.

Kako biste sinkronizirali Expert Advisor sa svojim MQL5 VPS poslužiteljem, morate priložiti svoj EA na grafikon, kliknuti gumb Auto Trading, a zatim desnom tipkom miša kliknuti na svoj VPS poslužitelj >> Sinkroniziraj stručnjake, indikatore.

Nakon sinkronizacije provjerite VPS (desni klik) >> Dnevnici, da dobivate sljedeću poruku: 1 (ili bilo koji) grafikon, 1 (ili bilo koji) EA, 0 (ili bilo koji) prilagođeni indikatori, signal onemogućen.

Nakon sinkronizacije s vašim MQL5 VPS-om NE držite gumb za automatsko trgovanje UKLJUČENIM.

greeting. I asked you half an hour ago on the VPS forum. VPS didn't work for me. on the MT4 terminal the price for 3 months is 52 USD and on the MQL5 site the price is 15 USD per month. Thank you for your prompt reply. do I have to turn off the Auto-trading option.....or should I turn it on? is this ok?
Files:
1660648574476.jpg  3676 kb

30247133 #:
greeting. I asked you half an hour ago on the VPS forum. VPS didn't work for me. on the MT4 terminal the price for 3 months is 52 USD and on the MQL5 site the price is 15 USD per month. Thank you for your prompt reply. do I have to turn off the Auto-trading option.....or should I turn it on? is this ok?
When all your trading environment has migrated to your MQL5 VPS, you do not need anymore to turn ON the Auto Trading button in your terminal, because this way you will trade twice, once in the MQL5 VPS and once in your local MT4 terminal, so NO, you DO NOT NEED to click the Auto Trading button again.

Only check frequently, like every 1-2 days that your EAs are trading normally in your MQL5 VPS by right clicking on it >> Journals in the Navigator window.

How can I unblock financial issues or how to resolve me
Reason: