Is martin so bad? Or do you have to know how to cook it? - page 16

How A 28 Year Old Ex-Goldman Trader, Who Accounted For Up To 20% Of E-Mini Volume, Blew Up | Zero Hedge
How A 28 Year Old Ex-Goldman Trader, Who Accounted For Up To 20% Of E-Mini Volume, Blew Up | Zero Hedge
  • www.zerohedge.com
As previously reported, former Goldman prop trader and MIT-grad Matt Taylor, 34, handed himself over to authorities earlier today and subsequently pled guilty in Federal Court to one charge of wire fraud "saying he exceeded internal risk limits and lied to supervisors to cover up his activities." He subsequently posted bail in the amount of a...

I tried to trade with Martin about 3 years ago, it is possible to work but wisely, of course, but the risk of Martin still does not seem to me justified, and maybe I got used to my more relaxed trading
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Стили рисования
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Стили рисования
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Стили рисования - Документация по MQL5

You have to know how to cook. With a small deposit you can rise well only on martin. Plus you can attract suckers on the pomme. But there is a very clear calculation of risks and cream skimming. And a good strategy won't hurt either.

Sure and know that martin is not worth its existence. Bad for unjustified risk, good for other things, but up to n-fold repetition of an unsuccessful open order. Therefore, as with other high-risk trading strategies (from 2% of capital) you need to cream off with a period of +10% of capital.

Lester:
Sure and know that martin is not worth its existence. Bad for unjustified risk, good for other things, but up to n-fold repetition of an unsuccessful open order. Therefore, as with other high-risk trading strategies (from 2% of capital) you need to cream off with a period of +10% of capital.
Kind of contradictory. So bad and not worth its existence or good? If the trading strategy implies that the probability of long sequences of losing trades tends to zero, then increasing the risk in a trade and having a drawdown only leads to higher returns. And correspondingly, if you take 50 c.u. and risk 1, it is more senseless to take 50 c.u. in case of doubling the deposit and risk 100% of the deposit itself. So the risk calculation should be based on the trading strategy, the broker's trading conditions, the size of the deposit and the starting lot.

zfs:
Как-то противоречиво. Так плох и не стоит своего существования или хорош? Если торговая стратегия подразумевает, что вероятность длительных последовательностей убыточных сделок стремиться к нулю, то увеличение риска в сделке и наличие просадки  приводит только к увеличению доходности. Ну и соответственно, если взять 50 у.е. снимать 5 баксов и рисковать 1 бессмысленно, будет логичнее снимать 50 у.е. при удвоении депозита, а рисковать самим депозитом 100%. Поэтому расчет  

The risk should be based on the trading strategy, the broker's trading conditions, the size of the deposit and the starting lot.

That's right!

I do not want to earn good money this way. Over the year he promotes more than a dozen PAMM accounts, half of them do not survive even half a year, and the answer is simple
- how else to get good money with minimal investment of one's own.

fxtrend:
I do not want to earn good money in such a way and he promotes more than a dozen PAMM accounts a year, half of them do not survive even half a year.
- The answer is simple. How else can you make good money with minimal investment of your own?

I think it is possible to earn on PAMMs using martin and such extreme MMs and your acquaintance is quite logical, in fact brokerage companies support such service exactly because of the dominance of risky trading strategies which are doomed to fail. But this does not mean that the money of the PAMM Owner is doomed to sink, he withdraws them in time and in general his personal funds there should be less than 1% ideally, and suckers occasionally fall on Kolyan. PAMMs have to grow spectacularly and fall even more spectacularly, otherwise brokerage companies would not keep them. The scheme of cooperation between brokerage companies and those who, contrary to logic, started to make money, when a trader must have an extreme PAMM in order not to be hindered from trading in his personal account in a normal way.

m.butya:

...The scheme of cooperation between DCs and those who, contrary to logic, started chopping the profits, when a trader is obliged to have an extreme PAMM...

If you do not know what others do not know, or you do not know? I, for example, have not heard anything about it and I don't know how anyone can force such cooperation, so I don't risk being caught cheating and blackmailing.
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Константы индикаторов / Стили рисования - Документация по MQL5

EvMir:
Are you stating this just by guessing and fantasising, or do you know something that the rest of us don't? I, for example, have not heard anything about it and I can't imagine how anyone could be coerced into such cooperation, so as not to risk going to jail for fraud and blackmail.

I am sure it is stupid to believe that the owners of PAMM accounts are in league with the broker, it is easier for the broker to initiate these accounts; there are already a lot of Ilan Advisors in the Internet. The broker has more profit to make without it. Another thing is that the initiators of such accounts multiply like their risk, the number of such accounts also increases.

Reason: