- Then modify them

ingvar_e:

I am placing 4 orders with spaced TP.

Question is which is best

- Place order,  modify order  4 times

or

- Place all orders first

- Then modify them

From a coding point of view not much,  from other points of view is off topic and something you need to weight up for yourself . . . there are risks either way.

Define 'best'

since modify takes time, market moves less if you open all first

RaptorUK:
From a coding point of view not much,  from other points of view is off topic and something you need to weight up for yourself . . . there are risks either way.

Strange answer

WHRoeder:

Define 'best'

since modify takes time, market moves less if you open all first

Thanks WHRoeder.

best like "most reliable". Currently using first method. Some trades does not get placed. Will try second method

ingvar_e:

best like "most reliable". Currently using first method. Some trades does not get placed. Will try second method

Define 'most reliable'

If your computer/terminal crashes or your internet provider has a problem between opening the orders and modify them, you could end up very happy if you have set a stop for each opened order.
I think you should consider it and weight up for yourself rather than comment with 'strange answer'...

kronin:

Define 'most reliable'

If your computer/terminal crashes or your internet provider has a problem between opening the orders and modify them, you could end up very happy if you have set a stop for each opened order.
I think you should consider it and weight up for yourself rather than comment with 'strange answer'...

LOL,  glad somebody understood the different risks associated with the different options.  ;-)

RaptorUK:
LOL,  glad somebody understood the different risks associated with the different options.  ;-)

Strange, like "off topic". I understand the different risks, I just wanted some opinions and things that I might have missed. Cant say I found your comment helpful in any way, you could just as well have refrained from answering. Duh!

ingvar_e:

Strange, like "off topic". I understand the different risks, I just wanted some opinions and things that I might have missed. Cant say I found your comment helpful in any way, you could just as well have refrained from answering. Duh!
Off topic in that it wasn't code related and therefore liable to be removed . . .  may next time you would rather I don't make the suggestion and just remove the thread without saying anything at all ?

RaptorUK:
Off topic in that it wasn't code related and therefore liable to be removed . . .  may next time you would rather I don't make the suggestion and just remove the thread without saying anything at all ?

Well to me it is very much related to coding actually. Code this way or code that way. Use this method or use that method. You could have been nice and said that. Would have been helpful and friendly.

Is this site strictly related to the syntax of the MQL4 language? In that case I will try to find another site. I have been programming with MQL4 for several years

RaptorUK:

What's your problem RaptorUk ? A bad day ? It's an interesting question, very related to coding. You can't separate coding from trading when it's related to mql4. I agree with ingvar.

On the orginal topic. If you can use Instant execution, you can place your orders with sl and tp directly. You can also use Pending Orders depending of your strategy. If you have to place order and modify, it seems to me WHRoeder is right. Place all your orders first.

It seems ridiculous to be afraid of a catastrophic event which could lead to trades without stops. You have time to place yours stops.

Reason: