[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 635

IgorM:

Ы

and you're preparing an advisor for the interbank?

Why? For myself... I will have a mix of different strategies, from short-term to long-term investments. I wonder why I can't test it... :)

Although... I wouldn't say no to such an order from our bank... :):)

Guys, I can't figure out how to put a 50-day MA on a 5-minute chart... If I set the period to 50, it would be 50*5 minutes = 250 minutes total ? Then 50 days turns out to be 24 hours * 60 minutes per hour / 5 (bar size in minutes for TF M5) = 288 bars and multiplied by 50 days = 14400 period of MAH? Isn't it cool ??? And the MAK does not allow to enter such a period...? What am I missing ?

"Daily", is an archaism. left over from a time when smaller timeframes did not exist. "Periodic", is the modern reading. The period in bars of the current chart.

granit77:
"Daily", is an archaism. left over from a time when smaller timeframes did not exist. "Periodic", is the modern reading. A period in bars of the current chart.
I.e. you have to set the period to 50. Sens... :)

artmedia70: I can't figure out how to attach a 50-day AF to a 5-minute chart...

1 day=1440 minutes; 50 days = 72000 minutes; MA period - 72000/5=14400. The maximum in the standard MA can be set to 4000. If you take the MA from the previous MA, but not from Close, you can get 8000, and not a normal one, but smoothed, etc. The own MA may be set to any period. But, this is just a theory. I agree with granit77, I got confused with this myself before.

Richie:

1 day=1440 minutes; 50 days = 72000 minutes; MA period - 72000/5=14400. The maximum in the standard MA can be set to 4000. If you take the MA from the previous MA, but not from Close, you can get 8000, and not a normal one, but smoothed, etc. The own MA may be set to any period. But, this is just a theory. I agree with granit77, I used to mess with it myself.

I don't think it's too much of a "problem"... I needed this to check the crossing of the 50-day low and high... I didn't get anything fruitful out of it...

artmedia70: ...... Testing the Expert Advisor on a two-year history, I noticed months where there is a very strong drawdown........
A. Elder advised to stop trading for a month if the loss is 6% of the account size and look for errors in the strategy. The Expert Advisor cannot look for errors in the strategy, but it can stop working. It is interesting to see in the tester, what is the "price" of this advice of the famous trader.

Richie:
A. Elder advised to stop trading for a month if the loss is 6% of the account size and look for errors in the strategy. The Expert Advisor cannot look for errors in the strategy, but it can stop working. It is interesting to see in the tester what the price of this advice of the famous trader is.

6% is 3 trades of 2% - what kind of mistake is there in the strategy?

It is possible to trade with less risk per trade, but then you need a decent amount of capital.

Richie:
A. Elder advised to stop trading for a month if the loss is 6% of the account size and look for errors in the strategy. The EA cannot look for errors in the strategy, but it can stop working. It is interesting to see in the tester, what is the "price" of this advice of the famous trader.
In my tester, this price will be quite high.
From 1 January 2008 to July 2009 (while the tester got here), the equity grew to 120 000 from 10 000 of the initial depo. Let's calculate the average for the year and a half: 120,000 - 10,000 / 18 months = 6,111. This is the price of "waiting".

A question has arisen:

Is it realistic to determine the "depletion" of a trend using AO and AC? The idea is to gradually reduce the size of lots to zero when the rate is fading... If 1st and 2nd bars are equal, then do not open at all, if difference between 1st and 2nd is less than difference between 2nd and 3rd bars - then speed is slowing down - it is time to decrease lot size, if it is more or equal, then we trade with initial fixed one. Huh? Anyone familiar with this?

Reason: