Is there proof of profit from using Autotrading? - page 13

I'll also give you this empirically established point:

with random trades and TP and SL less than 300p. there is simply an inevitable super-fast systematic drain on the spread...

and now think about it: what kind of prediction accuracy, different from random trades, do you need to have at such not even very short stops, so that this plum stops happening?! probably 0.8 at least)

Lilita Bogachkova:

I use a broker that publishes all the quotes in the public domain.

I use a broker that publishes all quotes in the public domain.

So any quote which is different on the terminal can be challenged.

And personally I use an SL which is set in the maximum acceptable zone, but a virtual SL triggers much faster. This is how I try to disguise the real SL.

I will not have to contest anything, the quote will be the same as everyone else's, and the SL will be triggered endlessly, like a loss machine. And the TP will have to be forgotten about.

To understand it you need to earn and withdraw first.

khorosh:

If an EA has a short stop and is profitable, it means that the entries are very accurate.

And if you have a rapid-fire loss machine, it means that you are entering as you please.

if your inputs are so accurate..... that means you've learned how to predict the market, congratulations...the nobel prize is just around the corner)

Vitalie Postolache:

If you work for $20 a week, you will have about $30 000 after tax ))))

Who stops the tester from drawing trillions in 43 years? The tester is all the same.

ZS: Oh, now we are measuring tester strategies))))

But all you say so, you have to quickly and immediately a lot, from 1000 $ immediately a million and without drawdowns and with low risk. Profit in this case depends on the size of your initial deposit and the percentage of risk. If you want less risk and more profit, you have to increase your deposit.

Here is a picture, the number of trades is the same, but the initial deposit is 10 000$ and the risk is 20%.

khorosh:

If the EA has a short stop and is profitable, it means that the entries are very accurate.

And if you have a rapid-fire loss machine, it means that you are entering as you please.

Sorry, this is a misconception.

Vitalii Ananev:

All you say so, you want a quick and immediately a lot, from $ 1000 immediately a million and no drawdown and low-risk. Your profit in this case depends on the size of your initial deposit and the percentage of risk. If you want less risk and more profit, you have to increase your deposit.

Here is a picture, the same number of trades, but the initial deposit is $10,000 and the risk is 20%.

Why so little?

)))

Forum on trading, automated trading systems & strategy testing

For those who like to measure ... (for those who like to measure their success))))

Gulnaz Akhtyamova, 2013.11.24 16:31

Again (result is much better, same M1, same period):

Bars in history 686760
1369514 simulated ticks
Modeling quality n/a
Error of chart mismatch 0
Initial deposit 2 800.00
Net profit 124 363 968.77
Total profit 248141719.02
Total loss -1237750.25
Profitability 2.00
Expected payoff 6877.40
Absolute drawdown 387.36
Maximum drawdown 60535452.83 (40.37%)
Relative drawdown 96.35% (109665.49)
Total trades 18083
Short positions (% win) 14357 (77.20%)
Long positions (% win) 3726 (56.66%)
Profitable trades (% of all) 13194 (72.96%)
Loss trades (% of all) 4889 (27.04%)
Largest
profitable trade 11143549.78
losing deal -11796398.12
Average
18807.16 profitable deal
losing deal -25317.60
Maximum number
continuous wins (profit) 208 (22489663.10)
Continuous Losses (Loss) 132 (-34138.30)
Maximum
Continuous Profit (number of wins) 23767455.36 (113)
Continuous loss (number of losses) -38003927.68 (56)
Average
continuous winnings 51
continuous loss 19

Renat Akhtyamov:
Nothing will have to be contested, there will be a quote like everyone else, and SLs will be triggered indefinitely, like a loss machine. And the TP will have to be forgotten about.

Example: Yesterday I got 100 points of daily volatility and the SL is set for 100 points. But the virtual SL is set for 50 points. Do you think the broker will try to reach 100 points ( 4 signs) only to hurt me?

Lilita Bogachkova:

Example: The daily volatility for yesterday is 100 p and SL is set for this 100 p. But the virtual SL is 50 p. Do you think the broker will try to reach this 100 p (4 digits) just to hurt me?
If you are earning, the cotier will surely visit before your loss.

nowi:

I'll also give you this empirically established point:

with random trades and TP and SL less than 300p. there is simply an inevitable super-fast systematic drain on the spread...

And now think about it: what kind of prediction accuracy, different from random trades, do you need for such not even very short stops to stop losing money? probably 0.8 at least)

Just askVitaly Muzichenko.

I don't know why he sets such a short stop and why he won't enter the market. I wonder who makes you enter randomly?

Renat Akhtyamov:

Why so little?

)))

:)

Here is the same Expert Advisor with the same initial conditions but with a slightly different algorithm for opening trades. At the end, the volumes are already prohibitive and cannot be increased further.

Net profit 4 348 860 102.23

Reason: