The market is always wrong - page 7

VBAG:
usdjpy
You now have both sell and buy (eurcad) positions on SIGe - is this your enhancement?
It seems that Swapera's code did not include such a possibility. Or, did I miss something in the code?
Thank you.
I have counter-positions on eurusd eurjpy eurcad.

I have not changed anything in the code. I set it to bid right away. I haven't touched anything else since I ran it. I just watch how things are going. I don't make any experiments.

usdjpy:
VBAG:
usdjpy
You now have both sell and buy (eurcad) positions on SIGe - is this your enhancement?
There is no such possibility in the Swapera code. Or, did I miss something in the code?
Thank you.
I have counter-positions on eurusd eurjpy eurcad.

I have not changed anything in the code. I set it by bids right away. I haven't changed anything since I ran it. I just watch how things are going. I don't make any experiments.

Unfortunately Yuri has withdrawn himself and has not answered my question about the stops in the other thread.
Have you ever thought of adding a tactic to follow the stops in case of force majeure, so that stops wouldn't interfere with system operation, and would follow them at a certain distance from the current position.
Otherwise it is too creepy to look at open positions without stops!
It is cool, but I do not understand what is the problem (in what situations will be the end).

P.S. Reshetov respect.

VBAG:
It's great, but I don't know what the problem is (in which situations it will go wrong).

This is very clear - in a good trend, with a small set of currency pairs and with a small deposit.

Yuri has a very good and interesting idea and calculation. I do not know yet which one it is.
Regards, Fed.

VBAG:

Have you thought about adding some tactics to follow the stops in case of force majeure, so that the stops don't interfere with the system, but follow a certain distance from the current position.
Before you think about it, you should see how it works in the original version. Then come to conclusions. For others, they start with code parsing input parameters and working out how to attach stops. I, on the other hand, find it easier to start by strictly following the instructions. And then you will see which way to dig or leave it as it is.

Fed:
VBAG:
It's great, but I don't know what the problem is (in which situations it will go wrong).

It's very clear here - in a good trend, with a small set of currency pairs and with a small depo.
That's not the way it's going to crash either. The Expert Advisor stays afloat. But it obviously does not have enough margin. On two pairs it deftly dodges already. And on one pair there's just nowhere to go.

Fed:
VBAG:
It's great, but I don't know what the problem is (in which situations it will fail).

It's very clear here - in a good trend, with a small set of currency pairs and with a small depo.

I think there's still a long way to go before it's completely clear.

Well, the choice of currency pairs and the management of the volume of investment in them will be the key point.
Looking at usdjpy it is obvious that the large number of currency pairs does not make it worse, but rather stabilizes it. The question is whether it is reasonable to introduce one currency pair or another and, in the process of work, determine the contribution (weight) of each currency in the pot in order to get rid of it or replace it with another.

It's coming, it's coming if the funds are scarce. There are no miracles, Yuri himself said at the very beginning that the strategy is counter-trending, with all the consequences... And I'm not just saying that - I'm using my programme to drive "bad areas", i.e. where the trend is going. If I have enough money then in case of some pullback I close new positions with profit and slowly replenish my cap, but if my trend is moving with small and rare pullbacks then for a small depo (3000, lot 0,1) within 2 days .... I tried it on different sets of pairs. Version 1.1 without modification, but I think it's dangerous on new ones too, maybe just a bit less. You yourself write that you have "nowhere to go" on one pair. Exactly this picture - if the position was opened when there is not enough money, we may see that in 10 minutes it would give positive profit to the fund. If the deposit is big, it may wait or the pullbacks may compensate losses. Again, when the day is "good", everything is great - there is a lot of catching up, and we do not need much money.
I'm saying once again that I look at Yuri's Expert Advisor with great respect and interest, it is harmonious and logical. But for me it is more of a scientific development than a direct practical application. But I intend to use his idea itself.

Respectfully, Fed.

usdjpy:
That's no way to go down either. The councillor is keeping afloat. But he's clearly not making enough margin. He's already getting around on two pairs. And on one pair there's simply nowhere to go.

It's working amazing!
And that's why I try to be as sceptical as possible. It's not criticism, it's trying to find an ambush.
And an ambush is like that gopher - we can't see it, but it's there!
And by the word "kirtan," I mean something that we don't know yet. Some kind of dastardly situation, force majeure.

I want to get a better understanding and hope to start testing soon too.

Fed and usdjpy thanks!

VBAG:
Fed:
VBAG:
It's great, but I don't know what the problem is (in which situations it will fail).

It's very clear here - on a good trend, with a small set of currency pairs and with a small depo.

I think there's still a long way to go before it's completely clear.

Well, the choice of currency pairs and management of investments in them will be the key point.
Looking at usdjpy it is obvious that the large number of currency pairs does not make it worse, but rather stabilizes it. The question is whether it is reasonable to introduce one currency pair or another and, in the process of operation, determine the contribution (weight) of each currency in the pot in order to get rid of it or replace it with another.

Portfolio analysis is very tricky. In my opinion, it is even better if the pairs are without any weights. Otherwise, it may be adjusted to the history. You will take a pair that is stable on the history. You'll give it a big weight. But it will shift into the trend without a pullback by one thousand pips according to the Law of Suffering. Then dump but not water and dry but not oars.
Reason: