Interesting and Humour - page 531

FAQ:
Misha, don't be silly, there are hydroelectric power plants, and you can send electricity to the other side of the globe (the Earth), and there are mountain deserts (where there is more ultraviolet light).

1 This is the first time I have heard about pumped-storage power plants (I mean I don't know anything), but what I am talking about is a fact that is relevant for Germany at the moment

2) the transmission will be 12 hours difference according to the sun, i.e. not according to the meridians but according to the parallels, otherwise it is not relevant, and this is already across the ocean. I do not know, but it is probably not worth the money

Mischek:

This is the first time I have heard about the pumped-storage power plants (I mean I don't know anything), but what I am talking about is a fact that is relevant for Germany at the moment

The transmission will have to be 12 hours sunny, i.e. not along the meridians but along the parallels, otherwise it is not relevant, and it is already across the ocean. I do not know, but it is probably not worth the money

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%93%D0%B8%D0%B4%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B0%D0%BA%D0%BA%D1%83%D0%BC%D1%83%D0%BB%D0%B8%D1%80%D1%83%D1%8E%D1%89%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D1%8D%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%8F

Where's Mosquito?

Probably already tied up ((

C-4:

Firstly, more exotic accumulation will reduce efficiency. It would also be more costly to produce hydrogen than simply storing it in batteries.

But the technology is completely environmentally friendly. Especially since the process, both forward and reverse, is as simple as a stick. The problems arise with hydrogen storage.

If they find an environmentally friendly chemical compound with similar technological processes but simpler storage, or completely solve (maybe they have already solved it, I have not been interested for a long time) the problem of efficient hydrogen storage, we can forget about it.

Secondly, all exotic types of energy extraction like solar or wind energy are extremely nature-dependent and will only work in certain regions. Attempting to transfer energy from one region (say, where there is a lot of wind or sun) to another region will result in big losses. By the way, hydroelectric power plants are famous for this, as they require expensive transmission lines for thousands of kilometres. The current does not flow through the wires for free, but with losses to heat the street. All this reduces efficiency.

Yes, there will be losses, but it is not critical.

Thirdly, again due to the instability of natural conditions (sun then cloudy, then wind then doldrums, etc.) the capacity of such stations will not be constant, and therefore they cannot be used independently. At the very least they will have to be combined into one infrastructure with classic power plants.

Not necessarily. That's what storage is for.

Besides, the resource on solar areas is huge.

The people are wailing here http://x-faq.ru/ or herehttp://www.matri-x.ru/ Some of them are even trying to build something, according to their words.

TheXpert:

But the technology is completely environmentally friendly. All the more so because the process, both forward and reverse, is as simple as a stick. Problems arise with hydrogen storage.

Andrey is a childish understanding of ecological compatibility. It is difficult to speak about ecological compatibility in hydrogen production, storage and consumption.

When we analyze the eco-friendliness we study the whole chain. Including the amount of metal, plastics, rubber etc. produced for the equipment and ending with disposal problems and the consequences of possible accidents.

FAQ:
Misha, don't be silly, there are hydroelectric power plants, and eventually the same electricity may be supplied to the other side of the globe (earth), and there are mountain deserts (where it is even drier and more ultraviolet). and so on round. Sahara/Atacama (Nazca)||Mohabe)/Gobi/Karakum/Sahara.

The hydroelectric plants are not that environmentally friendly, as they change the water level in the reservoir very substantially, which kills fish.

C-4 has already answered about the transfer, there are problems there too.

TheXpert:

But the technology is completely environmentally friendly. All the more, the technological process, both direct and reverse, is as simple as a stick. There are problems with hydrogen storage.

If they find an environmentally friendly chemical compound with similar technological processes but simpler storage, or completely solve the problem of efficient hydrogen storage (maybe it has already been solved, I was not interested long ago), the problem can be forgotten.

Yes, there will be losses, but this is not critical.

By the way, the Japanese were developing a technology to saturate aluminum with hydrogen and tried to create a hydrogen battery. But I do not know what happened to this development.

In general, they could build a solar plant somewhere in the ocean and produce hydrogen from water.

I wrote there above that such stations will shade the sun to the oxygen producing bacteria but in this formulation it will work as a byproduct of hydrogen production, the same oxygen.

TheXpert:

But the technology is completely environmentally friendly. All the more so because the process, both forward and reverse, is as simple as a stick. Problems arise with hydrogen storage.

If they find an environmentally friendly chemical compound with similar technological processes but simpler storage, or completely solve (maybe already solved, haven't asked for a long time) the problem of efficient hydrogen storage, the problem can be forgotten.

Yes, there will be losses, but it is not critical.

If you listen to you, you just wonder why the share of "environmentally friendly" energy is so small. Why isn't the whole earth covered with windmills and crooked mirrors. It's amazing why they still produce oil. And this is in the midst of such advanced clean energy technology.

C-4:
To listen to you, one wonders why the share of 'clean energy' is so small. Why isn't the whole earth covered with wind turbines and crooked mirrors. It's amazing why they still produce oil. And that's with such advanced clean energy technology.

A lot of things are made from oil.

Solar panels have a short history, light focusing stations are not old either. The technology is advancing. If they become highly profitable they mushroom like mushrooms after the rain.

Oh, by the way we can liquefy air for the aforementioned cars on tata air :)

Reason: