Interesting and Humour - page 3972

Andrew Petras:

Thank you, like a breath of fresh air.

And there was a time when there was a special studio that did science propaganda...

They used to show it all in cinemas before the film.

PS.

I remember two other varieties before the film: Wick (satire on the verge of a foul), news of the day. And all about people around, without disasters, accidents and perverts.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

And there was a time when there was a special studio that did science propaganda...

PS.

I remember two other varieties before the film: Wick (satire on the verge of a foul), news of the day. And all about people around, without disasters, accidents and perverts.

Promoting culture and science is one thing (what used to be), propaganda of violence is another (what is on TV now).

With respect.

Andrey Kisselyov:
Promoting culture and science is one thing (what used to be), promoting violence is another (what's on TV now).

With respect.

Not just propaganda.

It used to be that if you watched TV, you could form a fairly truthful opinion about the world around you - it was all about the people around you, like in the video, a real person, there were plenty of those in science.

And now it's all about who?

Over 10 years ago I decided to work at a university. For a long time I hesitated: when I watch TV, one thought - "How can these freaks teach anything?"

Then I got a job. There wasn't a single student who looked like the young people on TV! Ordinary guys, I was like that myself.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

Not just propaganda.

It used to be that if you watched TV, you could form a fairly truthful opinion about the world around you - it was all about the people around you, like in the video, a real person, there were plenty of those in science.

And now it's all about who?

Over 10 years ago I decided to work at a university. For a long time I hesitated: when I watch TV, I had one thought - "How can these freaks be taught anything?"

Then I got a job. There wasn't a single student who looked like the young people on TV! Ordinary kids, I was like that myself.

That's the problem, the distortion of reality in pursuit of ratings.
Earlier you saw a worker producing X number of parts and you had a desire to do more, to prove that you can be better.
Before you saw a worker producing X number of parts you wanted to prove you could do more and to prove you could be better. now you are determined not to train people who you have been shown, but as it turned out, they do not even exist.

With respect.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

PS.

I remember two other varieties before the film: Wick(satire on the verge of a foul), news of the day. And all about people around, no disasters, accidents and perverts.

Interestingly, this film, in terms of science then (as I understand it) is also "on the brink of a foul".

7:03 "speeds a million(s?) times the speed of light" (with a small caveat - that's for science fiction)

7:12 "we have to admit that there is no vacuum void" - already without any reservations

This is essentially a recognition of the ether and the wave structure of space.

ps regarding propaganda.

There is a rather obvious meaning of the word - dissemination of ideas.

There is a non-obvious one - incitement to action.

Hence, the goals pursued by the propag... etc.

Andrew Petras:

Interestingly, this film, in terms of science then (as I understand it) is also "on the brink of a foul".

7:03 "speeds a million(s?) times the speed of light" (with a small caveat - that's for sci-fi writers)

7:12 "we have to admit that there is no vacuum void" - already without any reservations

This is essentially a recognition of the ether and the wave structure of space.

ps regarding propaganda.

There is a rather obvious meaning of the word - dissemination of ideas.

There is a non-obvious one - incitement to action.

Hence, the goals pursued by the propag... etc.

the goals are obvious:
Andrey Kisselyov:
Before you saw that a worker produced X number of parts and you had a desire to do more, to prove that you can be better.
now you have a desire not to train those who are shown to you but as it turned out, there is no such thing.
1 (the desire to do more and better) development, moving forward.
2 (the desire not to teach leads to stagnation, no transfer of knowledge to the younger generation) degradation, unwillingness to develop, stagnation.

Respectfully.

Andrey Kisselyov:
the goals are obvious:

That's what you think.

Andrew Petras:

That's what it looks like to you.

Perhaps I will understand things better afterwards.

With respect.

Andrey Kisselyov:
Perhaps I will understand things better afterwards.

With respect.

Above.

Reason: