Interesting and Humour - page 3349

Alexey Viktorov:

1. the thermal conductivity of wood is very low. It's quicker to catch fire than to heat up the cutter a lot and evaporate the cooling emulsion.

Nah. It's no use, it won't catch fire. People have experimented with every possible wood species on the machine. Only smoke.

Friction fire is achieved by using additional flammable material, cotton wool or dried moss.

Karputov Vladimir:

Well I take it you haven't seen a cutter 😃 Sofa theorist no less. And you don't even know that big wooden moulds are machined on metal gantry machines (because there are no other machines in a metal factory 😃 ) .

Anyway, next time you try to say something about the factory - don't be too lazy to go for at least a tour of the factory.

My dear, my biography is full of interesting humour. My first profession is turner universal. How many machines do you think I've seen in my life? You wouldn't dream of it...

Look for a unique picture of whales... You probably believe that too.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Nah. It's no use, they won't catch fire. People have experimented with every possible type of wood on the machine. Only smoke.

Friction fire is achieved by using additional flammable material, cotton wool or dried moss.

And I didn't insist that it would necessarily catch fire. But the heating of the cutter will not be significant. Again, physics. Cutter is made of steel, collet, in which it is fixed is also made of steel, everything else is made of steel and cast iron... Thermal conductivity of metals can you imagine... How hot can a mill get when it gives off heat to this much metal?

Alexey Viktorov:
And I didn't insist that it would necessarily catch fire. But the cutter heat will not be significant. Again, physics. The cutter is steel, the collet in which it is clamped is also steel, everything else is steel and cast iron... Thermal conductivity of metals can you imagine... How hot can a mill get when it transfers heat to this much metal?

Yes, it sounds like you haven't seen a machine tool... Precisely because metal is an excellent conductor of heat a drill bit/milling cutter can get very hot, up to and including red, especially when the tool is blunt or even more so when rotating "on wool". And the wood does not catch fire, it just oxidises to charcoal at the point of contact with the tool.

What happens if the drill bit is not cooled with liquid and drilled into a metal part? After all, everything around is metal, the drill bit, the chuck, the spindle, the bed, the workpiece... What's the point of cooling, right?))

Anyone who has worked even a little bit at a machine tool with cutting tools knows what it means to "burn the tool". So the story above is quite real.

The only difference between metal and non-metal machines was the exhaust ventilation of the latter. Well the machining technology is of course different, the tools, the spindle speed are different. And it is more difficult to catch honeycombs on wood. And they struggled with overheating by sticking compressed air tubes wherever they could. The maintenance crews were against that, as wood shavings were flying into everything they could. We once made a furniture nut. At first it was stamped and then the threads were cut. It cost a pretty penny but if you get creative you can make a pretty penny. They made a thread tap as long as a skewer and threaded these nuts like meat onto it using a drilling machine. They did not unclamp the chuck with a spanner. It took a long time. We knocked it out with the palm of our hands! Not like a karate chopper! The machine was chocked, like a hedgehog, with tubes of compressed air, as it overheated due to constant reversal. The engine suffered most of all. When the compressor room was out of order, we used a wheeled appliance with fans.

Alexey Viktorov:

My dear, my biography is full of interesting humour. My first job was as an all-purpose turner. How many machines do you think I've seen in my life? You wouldn't dream of it...

Look for a unique picture of whales... You probably believe that too.

Vladimir is at least a locksmith - repairman and equipment tuning mechanic IMHO :)

Defenders, repeat the experience with the smoke in the workshop under the camera. Then you'll have something to prove...

Alexey Viktorov:
I didn't insist on it catching fire. But the cutter heat will not be significant. Again, physics. The cutter is steel, the collet in which it is clamped is also steel, everything else is steel and cast iron... Thermal conductivity of metals can you imagine... How hot can a mill get when it gives off heat to this much metal?
I don't know about the metal cutter, I haven't even thought about it. Tried wood against wood - no use, no fire.

Alexey Viktorov:
Defenders, repeat the experience with the smoke in the workshop under the camera. Then you can prove something...
What's the doubt? I tried to make fire by rubbing it by hand, and it was all smoky.

5 стран, которые выкачали из недр всю нефть и газ
5 стран, которые выкачали из недр всю нефть и газ
  • Сергей Трофимов
  • life.ru
Глава Сбербанка РФ Герман Греф считает, что экономика, ориентированная только на экспорт нефти и газа, к 2030 году закончится. Банкир призвал как можно быстрее начать двигаться в сторону диверсификации. Лайф приводит 5 стран Европы, где в ближайшие 10—20 лет практически не останется углеводородов.
Reason: