Interesting and Humour - page 1798

alexx_v:

Apparently it's more complicated than that, they'll start making moulds in plaster from ping pong balls and melt steel and cast metal balls, and then... ))

Anyway it's going to last, Mish, when will you post your answer? )

When will Ukraine join the EU?

Yoschik:
When will Ukraine join the EU?

You mean never? Shit.

ZS: How can Ukraine join the EU if no one calls it in?

Yoschik:

There are two flasks of water on a lever scale. The left flask has a ping-pong ball tied to the bottom on a string, and the right flask has a metal ball (of the same volume as the left one) on a fishing line.
Now, the question is, which way will the scale swing?

Not in any direction. It stays in balance.

Yoschik:

There are two flasks of water on the lever scale. In the left flask, a ping-pong ball is attached to the bottom on a thread; in the right flask, a metal ball (of the same volume as the left one) is lowered on a fishing line.
And now the question - in which direction will the scale deflect???

The left-hand bowl of the scale will rise, the right-hand bowl will fall:

- there is air in the ping-pong ball, and the ball is tied to the bottom (this is the most important thing, otherwise there would be a balance)

- there is nothing in the right-hand flask to prevent it from rising, because the metal ball is tied to a support.

Ahhhh) you guys suck at physics.)

i_logic:

The left-hand bowl of the scale will rise, the right-hand bowl will fall:

- there is air in the ping-pong ball, and the ball is tied to the bottom (this is the most important thing, otherwise there would be equilibrium)

- nothing in the right-hand flask will interfere with lifting, as the metal ball is tied to the support.

The ball is subject to an ejection force. The same force acts on the beaker, but in the opposite direction.

The left bowl and the ball are connected and constitute a closed system.

The right bowl and the ball are an open system.

Since the right ball is heavy, it will remain stationary and the right bowl will move downwards.

i_logic:

The left-hand scale will go up, the right-hand scale will go down:

- there's air in the ping-pong ball, and the ball is tied to the bottom (that's the most important thing, otherwise there would be a balance)

Oops, the string holding the ball broke, and then... ?

alexx_v:
come on, tell us later, New Munchausen, how you dragged yourself out of the swamp by your hair ;)

Munchausen here:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Interesting & Humorous

i_logic, 2013.11.29 12:17

The left side of the scale will go up, the right side will go down:

- there is air in the ping-pong ball, and the ball is tied to the bottom (this is the most important thing, otherwise there would be equilibrium)

- in the right flask nothing will interfere with the rise as the metal ball is tied to the support.

Yoschik:
Oops, the string holding the balloon broke, and then... ?
Yeah, I messed up the balance...

Found where it's explained. But I won't give you the link)

Reason: