Interesting and Humour - page 4847

Uladzimir Izerski:

Come on, make excuses. Clearly the humour branch.

And without the humour. I still have the Robotron in the garage, or rather lies there.)

There were only green signs on the monitor.))

Who remembers of course))

DOS

--

3.11. has already found the top of the architectural achievement.

And collective intelligence in testing the system quickly led to modern winds.

I wonder if it's the EU1834 robotron by any chance ?

I remember studying video adapters at the time. We had a CM1810 - IBM PC analogue with a CGA adapter. I wish I had an EGA adapter, but alas...

Well, there was this EC1834 robotron too, it had a tricky CGA emulation adapter, but it had a downloadable sign generator and proprietary software.

We were really surprised when we opened the case and saw that the adapter was based on the NECD7220AD chip.At the time it was a hell of a chip. It could play up to 512K of video memory and a resolution of 1024x1024 with sixteen colours! And all that goodness emulated a very weak CGA adapter that had only 16K of memory and a resolution of 320x200 with four fixed colours from two palettes ! (True, it was possible to provide 16 colours in 160x200 graphics, but almost no one supported that mode).

It's like a cannon to kill a sparrow, isn't it? !

Georgiy Merts:

I wonder if it's an EU1834 robotron by any chance?

I remember learning about video adapters at the time... We had a CM1810 - the equivalent of an IBM PC with a CGA adapter. I wish I had an EGA adapter, but alas...

Well, there was this EC1834 robotron too, it had a tricky CGA emulation adapter, but it had a downloadable sign generator and proprietary software.

We were really surprised when we opened the case and saw that the adapter was based on the NECD7220AD chip.At the time it was a hell of a chip. It could play up to 512K of video memory and a resolution of 1024x1024 with sixteen colours! And all that goodness emulated a very weak CGA adapter that had only 16K of memory and a resolution of 320x200 with four fixed colours from two palettes ! (True, it was possible to provide 16 colours in 160x200 graphics, but hardly anyone supported that mode).

Yes, it was. Monitor got in the way, threw it away, computer lying around.

Georgiy Merts:

I wonder if it's an EU1834 robotron by any chance?

I remember learning about video adapters at the time... We had a CM1810 - the equivalent of an IBM PC with a CGA adapter. I wish I had an EGA adapter, but alas...

We were really surprised when we opened the case and saw that the adapter was based on the NECD7220AD chip.At the time it was a hell of a chip. It could play up to 512K of video memory and a resolution of 1024x1024 with sixteen colours! And all that goodness emulated a very weak CGA adapter that had only 16K of memory and a resolution of 320x200 with four fixed colours from two palettes ! (True, it was possible to provide 16 colours in 160x200 graphics, but almost no one supported this mode).

And I had a CGA in Iskra-1030 on a crumbler. 531 TTLSH logic and 537 CMOS memory. Two A4 size boards. And RGB stacked on an "or".

JRandomTrader:

And I had a CGA in an Iskra-1030 that was on a chip. 531 TTLS logic and 537 CMOS memory. Two A4 size boards. And RGB stacked on an "or".

Yes, the CGA emulated quite well on the spark-1030.

With one exception - both the CM1810 and the Iskra-1030 had no "iron" composite output. From a software point of view, there was no difference. In terms of picture, though, it was radically different between the RGB output on the monitor and the composite output (on the TV).

The composite allowed you to get 16 colours in the graphics on the TV, at the cost of a little blurring of the image. Some games took advantage of this, and on the TV they looked very colourful (despite the seemingly weak adapter), such as tapper (where mugs are distributed to the customers in the bar), BurgerTime (something like the much better known Lode Runner) King's Quest (a prototype of Might&Magic). Alas, on an RGB monitor everything was much clearer, but instead of 16 colours you got a "moire" of four standard CGA palettes. (However, the Iskra monitor was monochrome).

VVT:

Does anyone rememberthis thing?)

Hollerite code

VVT:

Does anyone rememberthis thing?)

I started my working life in a computer factory as a card input adjuster. I had to run 10,000 of these punched cards on the device without a single failure when it was handed over to the QA.

Aleksey Nikolayev:
Perforated cards are two hundred years old - they were used for weaving looms.

That's where the "programming" started)

Aleksei Stepanenko:
I see that the forum is full of gentlemen of a respectable age, not green youngsters.

A forum for pensioners who are losing their pensions on the forex market and passing the time by reminiscing about their youth.

sibirqk:

A forum for pensioners who are losing their pensions on the forex market and passing the time by reminiscing about their youth.

earn your pension, join in!

sibirqk:

A forum for pensioners who are losing their pensions on the forex market and passing the time by reminiscing about their past youth.

Well, that's the way it is) the hobby forums

Reason: