MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester and MQL5 Cloud Network

We have taken a major step forward by releasing remote strategy tester agents.

Now we are ready to present a truly cloud-based distributed testing system in the form of the MQL5 Cloud Network.

A well-configured MetaTester with a hybrid operation model is expected to be released soon:

• Normal server mode (opens a local port as it is now), allowing to serve connections from client terminals
  • Client mode for connecting to MQL5 Network, where the agent periodically polls geographically close MQL5 Network poolers that distribute tasks
  • Built-in scheduler that allows to easily manage the availability of agents during a week

You will be able to enable working via MQL5 Network with binding to your MQL5.com account or distribute your resources for free.

When the binding to the MQL5.com account is enabled, payment for the resources used will be automatically added to this account. Earned money can be withdrawn or spent on purchasing resources as needed. For example, you can allow agents to work at night, accumulating resources in the form of earned money, and then instantly take advantage of the huge number of agents in a short period of time during working hours.

If you want to provide your resources for free, you can simply check a box and connect to the MQL5 Network anonymously.

An important feature of agents working in the MQL5 Network mode is that they will be able to bypass any proxies and firewalls, as they will create outgoing connections via the SSL protocol to geographically distributed CDN Task Manager servers.

Распределенные вычисления в сети MQL5 Cloud Network
Распределенные вычисления в сети MQL5 Cloud Network
  • cloud.mql5.com
Заработать деньги, продавая мощности своего компьютера для сети распределенных вычислений MQL5 Cloud Network

Congratulations, a big step forward, the competition is far behind :)
The sysadmins will be able to make big money :)

Congratulations, I'm looking forward to taking advantage of this innovation.

Dear Renat,

Will there be supercomputers in this network (it would be very useful)? I would like to have advanced capabilities on a par with global competitors. And one more request - please make, if possible, so that the network computing resource can be used (if desired) for the real-time calculation of indicators and EAs, and not only for testing. Otherwise, everything loses its meaning - why have super power for testing, when the indicator or Expert Advisor simply has no time to be calculated at runtime (bottle neck).

-Alexey-:

Dear Renat,

Will there be supercomputers on this network (it would really come in handy)? I would like to have advanced capabilities on a par with global competitors. And one more request - please make, if possible, so that the network computing resource can be used (if desired) for the real-time calculation of indicators and EAs, and not only for testing. Otherwise, everything loses its meaning - why have super power for testing, when the indicator or Expert Advisor simply has no time to be calculated at runtime (bottle neck).

What's the use of "supercomputers", they don't differ much from home computers in frequency, just a bunch of cores :)
I think there's more demand for cores as it is.

It is good if so, but also data transfer between cores via internet (it is internet, but not some northbridge chip) - speed is less, if there are a lot of them, right? It's not kosher, but you can put it into a supercomputer, and it will spin and spin everything fast inside it :).

-Alexey-:
It is good, but data transfer between cores via Internet (it is Internet, not some north-bridge chip) is less speedy, if there are a lot of them, right? It's not kosher, but you can put it into a supercomputer, and it will spin and spin everything fast inside it :).

The savings can be achieved if the resources allocated for the project, let's call them "cluster cells" will store the history of bars and other information (if possible), so as not to repeat the load from the server or the machine conducting the test.

Aside from network/internet costs, it is almost the same as a supercomputer (except for CPU, RAMM and HDD).

The number of PCs, total number of cores, average amount of memory per machine and average amount of memory allocated for data on disk are very important for such projects.

Networking/internet costs will also be a problem at first, but over time this will become almost invisible (if everything is organised correctly of course).

-Alexey-:

Dear Renat,

Will there be supercomputers in this network (it would be really useful)?

The MQL5 Cloud Network will provide resources only in the trading strategies optimizer mode. The entire network is built for the sake of mass calculation of the parameters to be searched.

So, even a single test cannot be conducted on the power of this network. For a single test, we can use either local agents or standard remote agents.

Renat:

That is, even single testing cannot be done on the capacity of this network. Either local agents or regular remote agents can be used for single testing.

This is where you need to elaborate. As far as I understand it, there is one core per test, but you can choose which one + it's possible to run several terminals.

Am I right?

Interesting:

Here's where it gets more detailed. As far as I understand it, we are talking about one core per run, but you can choose which one + it's possible to run multiple terminals.

Am I right?

I join my question. Where can I read about using local agents or common remote agents to test a single run without enumerating optimizable parameters?

-Alexey-:
I also have a question. Where can I read about using local agents or common remote agents to test a single run without enumerating optimisable parameters?

Hello, here we are! https://www.metatrader5.com/ru/terminal/help/algotrading/testing

With the "Select Select" button in the context menu you can select one of the agents to be used in the test (single pass). During optimisation the computation is automatically allocated to the agents.

Each agent can be disabled. For example, you can disable local agents when testing and optimizing on laptops. To do this, you should go to setting up an agent using the "Edit Edit" button. In the window that appears, uncheck the "Enable" box. Disabled agents have icons Deactivated local agent and Deactivated remote agent.

Reason: