MQL5 Cloud Network: Cancellation of 32-Bit Agents and Double Increase of Calculation Price

MQL5 Cloud Network: Cancellation of 32-Bit Agents and Double Increase of Calculation Price

Over 4 billion trading strategy optimization tasks have been solved as from MQL5 Cloud Network run three years ago. And the major part of them accrues to 64-bit testing agents. The analysis has revealed that 32-bit agents do not measure up to their 64-bit congeners by all parameters, and thus can be completely excluded from cloud calculations.  Due to architectural restrictions, employment of 32-bit agents can lead to general deceleration of calculations in some tricky tasks.

For this reason starting from the first of February, 32-bit agents do not participate in MQL5 Cloud Network operation for the purpose of optimization. When referring to a task manager, such agents will receive the automatic uninstallation command, so they won't take computers' resources. From now on, 32-bit agents can be used for optimization on a user's personal computer only; they cannot be provided in a remote mode even in the local network.

Only 64-bit agents with no less than 2 GB of memory are allowed to take part in MQL5 Cloud Network. This is a mandatory requirement for cloud task performance.

We urge owners of 32-bit agents to upgrade them to 64-bit ones if they want to provide their computers' resources to MQL5 Cloud Network or via the local network.

We also inform you that the price of calculations for tasks executed in the network is doubled starting from February 9.

MetaQuotes:

Over 4 billion trading strategy optimization tasks have been solved as from MQL5 Cloud Network run three years ago. And the major part of them accrues to 64-bit testing agents. The analysis has revealed that 32-bit agents do not measure up to their 64-bit congeners by all parameters, and thus can be completely excluded from cloud calculations.  Due to architectural restrictions, employment of 32-bit agents can lead to general deceleration of calculations in some tricky tasks.

For this reason starting from the first of February, 32-bit agents do not participate in MQL5 Cloud Network operation for the purpose of optimization. When referring to a task manager, such agents will receive the automatic uninstallation command, so they won't take computers' resources. From now on, 32-bit agents can be used for optimization on a user's personal computer only; they cannot be provided in a remote mode even in the local network.

Only 64-bit agents with no less than 2 GB of memory are allowed to take part in MQL5 Cloud Network. This is a mandatory requirement for cloud task performance.

We urge owners of 32-bit agents to upgrade them to 64-bit ones if they want to provide their computers' resources to MQL5 Cloud Network or via the local network.

We also inform you that the price of calculations for tasks executed in the network is doubled starting from February 9.
How does this doubling of price affect agent providers, do we get more or what ?

Turker:
How does this doubling of price affect agent providers, do we get more or what ?
Yes, agent providers will earn more in two times .

Gentlemen.

I have downloaded the manager (build 1085) and installed it on my laptop which is running windows 8.1 x64 os. All 8 cores of my i7 processor appears in the services tab but the Agents drop box shows only the figure 1, besides, the Add button is "locked" (not clickable).

Port column shows a sequence from 2000 - 2007 and the TCP port cell up the schedule shows 2008.

I checked "sell computing resources ...." box in MQL 5 cloud network tab and only 1 agent appeared in my agents page in MQL5 community. Another 1 appeared later without showing any activity / revenue although Agents manager shows traffic in/out and status is "running".

Your suggestions and comments are appreciated.

Best regards. 

Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
  • cloud.mql5.com
Connect to the MQL5 Cloud Network (Cloud Computing) and earn extra income around the clock — there is much work for you computer!
Reason: