Errors, bugs, questions - page 3113

When saving an MT5 template with graphical object in Red colour, the line color=<colour_code> does not get into the <object></object> container:

<object>
type=5
name=Weekly Equidistant Channel 16069
style=2
filling=0
ray1=1
ray2=1
date1=1584594240
date2=1614470400
date3=1501137480
value1=0.546860
value2=0.748035
value3=0.755730
</object>
I understand that this can be done because Red is reserved as a default one and the terminal will understand and use this colour itself when copying such template and will not find this line in container. If it's to save space in the template, it's saving on the husks of sunflower seeds in the 21st century. If it's a flaw, it needs to be added. Otherwise, it's terribly inconvenient to parse single-type containers, where there is a "color=...", then there isn't. "Colorless" containers drop out of the final result, we need to complicate the regular to catch such containers too. And it's not about regularity, it's about the principle. Otherwise it feels like a bit of a mess in the kingdom.

JRandomTrader #:

And if you could show both the stock exchange commission and the broker's commission - separately or at least together - it would be a fairy tale.

I hope that was not ironic. I just don't think this field is the least important, and I would like to see it too. And I'd like to see it at once. There should be enough space in the header.

x572intraday #:

I hope that was not ironic. It's just that I don't think this field is the least important and I'd like to see it too. I would like to see it all at once. There should be enough space in the header.

It was a wish with a slight hint of hopelessness :)

x572intraday #:

In the MT5 trading tab, the "Commission" field is missing. The History tab has it:

It should be added and it would be good to have this field already enabled by default, including the "Swap" field. It would be good to default to MT4 as well, so as not to get up twice.

If you have ever tried to analyse what the commission is, you wouldn't have any questions.

The commission is charged for a transaction. It has nothing to do with the position. If there is a position, it means that there is a deal in the history, on the basis of which this position is formed. And for this transaction there is a commission...

Alexey Viktorov #:

If you have ever tried to figure out what the fee is for, you wouldn't have any such questions.

The commission is charged for a transaction. It has nothing to do with the position. If there is a position, it means that there is a deal in the history, on the basis of which this position is formed. And there is a commission for this transaction...

It is a bit abstruse. Then how do you explain the presence of "Commission" in MT4 in both tabs?

Alexey Viktorov #:

If you have ever tried to figure out what the fee is for, you wouldn't have any such questions.

The commission is charged for a transaction. It has nothing to do with the position. If there is a position, it means that there is a deal in the history, on the basis of which this position is formed. And there is a commission for that trade.

If the commission of an uncompleted trade (position opened) is fixed (it depends only on the lot) and is known in advance, why does not it already appear in the Trade tab? And if the commission is floating (depends on further circumstances in the market or at the broker) and can change, then, of course, you can't prescribe it in advance.

x572intraday #:

If the commission of an uncompleted trade (position opened) is fixed (depends only on the lot) and known in advance, why not display it in the Trade tab? And if the commission is floating (depends on further circumstances on the market or the broker) and can change, then of course, you can not prescribe it in advance.

Every position has at least two trades, opening a position and closing it. If there is a position, there is a completed transaction. There is a commission for that transaction... And there will be a commission for the closing of the position as well.

On Netting accounts there can be an almost unlimited number of trades in one position. For example opening a position, increasing volume (equity), decreasing volume (partial closing) all of this several times and the last deal is a closing of a position... And for each deal, the commission will be charged. The commission does not relate to the position.

Alexey Viktorov #:
Every position has at least two trades, opening a position and closing it. If there is a position, then there is a completed transaction. A commission will be taken for this trade... And a commission will be taken for the trade of closing the position as well.

In Netting accounts there can be an almost unlimited number of trades in one position. Such as opening a position, increasing the volume (equity), decreasing the volume (partial closing) all several times and the last deal is the closing of the position... And for each deal, a commission will be charged. The commission does not relate to the position.

In MT4 there are only Hedging accounts and there, as you claim, there can be no more than two trades: opening and closing. So why, on this platform, when the second trade (closing) is not completed, why is there already some value in the "Commission" field (assuming that the broker has set it to non-zero)? This fact leads us to the conclusion that either the Trade shows only a partial commission - namely, for the completed opening trade, and after closing the position (at the completion of the second trade) in the History we will have to see an even larger total commission for both trades, or we will see there a single and exactly the same as in the Trade, commission only for the opening trade. What is wrong with MT4? I cannot be more specific, because it has never occurred to me to compare the commission in both tabs: while holding an open position (the Trade tab) and after closing it (the History tab).

x572intraday #:

In MT4 there are only Hedging accounts and there, you assure me, can be no more than two trades: opening and closing. So why on this platform when the second trade is not completed (closing) already has any value in the "Commission" field (assuming that the broker has set it to non-zero)? This fact leads us to the conclusion that either the Trade shows only a partial commission - namely, for the completed opening trade, and after closing the position (at the completion of the second trade) in the History we will have to see an even larger total commission for both trades, or we will see there a single and exactly the same as in the Trade, commission only for the opening trade. What is wrong with MT4? I cannot be more specific, because it has never occurred to me to compare the commission in both tabs: while holding an open position (the Trade tab) and after closing it (the History tab).

I couldn't be more precise either. Look up the answers on the web. Maybe the MT5 handbook has answers to your misunderstandings too... read on.

x572intraday #:

In MT4 there are only Hedging accounts and there, you assure me, can be no more than two trades: opening and closing. So why on this platform when the second trade is not completed (closing) already has any value in the "Commission" field (assuming that the broker has set it to non-zero)? This fact leads us to the conclusion that either the Trade shows only a partial commission - namely, for the completed opening trade, and after closing the position (at the completion of the second trade) in the History we will have to see an even larger total commission for both trades, or we will see there a single and exactly the same as in the Trade, commission only for the opening trade. What is wrong with MT4? I cannot be more specific, because it has never occurred to me to compare the commission in both tabs: while holding an open position (the Trade tab) and after closing it (the History tab).

Every broker has different conditions. And the commission is not broadcast before the withdrawal, but only after. It was discussed here why I don't see the commission before withdrawal. That's exactly why. It can be pre-calculated, but there is no guarantee that it will be accurate. After all, it is per transaction, i.e. you send an order for a transaction, at which point the commission is calculated. i.e. the amount of commission is only accessed after the transaction has taken place. If the transaction does not take place, there will be no commission.

Reason: