Errors, bugs, questions - page 2844

Denis Diakonov:
It might be possible to find terminal icons in the file directory and change them to whatever you want. In Paint to create pictures with the numbers 1 and 2

there are an incredible number of ready-made icons to be found on the web. Also, as I recently found out when trying to find a way to change the code editor icon, there are programs which "squeeze" .ico into .exe

I encountered a situation in ME where the presence of if (int-function) caused compilation errors. Removing if or doing it via bool-variable was fine.

I started digging. Finally I came to the conclusion that the previous if is the same and everything compiles well.

Thought I may have made a mistake somewhere and rolled it back to its original state using CTRL+Z. It compiles!

Apparently, it's possible to get into some sort of buggy ME state.

So if you encounter obvious ME nonsense, it might be worth just restarting it.

fxsaber:

I encountered a situation in ME where the presence of if (int-function) caused compilation errors. Removing if or doing it via bool-variable was fine.

I started digging. Finally I came to the conclusion that the previous if is the same and everything compiles well.

Thought I may have made a mistake somewhere and rolled it back to its original state using CTRL+Z. It compiles!

So if you encounter obvious ME nonsense, you should probably just restart it.

Been noticing this lately. Errors out of nowhere. Re-compiling solves everything. ME has not restarted

fxsaber:

So if you encounter an obvious ME nonsense, you should probably just restart it.

This happens all the time. I have a feeling that front-end in MQ is written by students and back-end by normal guys

But I read somewhere that if EA has a memory leak, ME results may become unpredictable, which can be cured by restarting it.

fxsaber:

So if you encounter obvious ME nonsense, you should probably just restart it.

take a break, still not recovered from the altercation with Renate)

Just came across the fact that I mistakenly uploaded an ex5 file to the wrong product (several related ones) and the system didn't warn me in any way. Need to compare some meta information, at least file names. Also missing is the possibility to rollback a version, at least not any version, but the latest one, if it was uploaded within a recent time (like in a forum you can edit posts).

Share the batch file, how to compile all mq4/mq5 files in selected folder (including subfolders)? I need a variant for MQL Protector as well (even batch compilation in ME by a la CTRL+F7 is not available).

Build 2560 (x64)

void OnStart()
{

datetime Fp=0,Arr[];
   if(CopyTime(NULL,PERIOD_D1,iTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_CURRENT,0),1+3,Arr)>0)Fp=Arr[0];
   Print("Fp=",TimeToString(Fp,TIME_DATE|TIME_MINUTES));

}

Today 07.09.2020 - getting the result

2020.09.07 18:38:43.564 CopyTime_Test (Si-9.20,M1)      Fp=2020.09.04 00:00

Build 2361 (x32)

2020.09.07 18:38:43.564 CopyTime_Test (Si-9.20,M1)      Fp=2020.09.02 00:00

Correct result gives 2361, today is Monday, no weekend bars and build 2560 takes into account virtual weekend bars. Please correct this critical inaccuracy!

TERMINAL_MEMORY_USED shows a value almost twice as high as Task Manager. Who can I trust?

fxsaber:
TERMINAL_MEMORY_USED shows a value almost twice as high as Task Manager. Who to believe?

It is a matter of faith

Reason: