Errors, bugs, questions - page 1306

Karputov Vladimir:

Did you write in MT4

?

Does it affect it in any way? I always have it set to default.

But it shouldn't make a difference. The terminal should not crash, no matter how wrong the EA may be. The Expert Advisor itself may get stuck, cut down, do the wrong thing... But the terminal should not crash.

I can't figure out how to change the visual parameters in the iVolumes indicator programmatically. I am interested in the following parameters:

- line width

- line colour

- adding levels

I want to use MqlParam indicator input parameters structure, but i can't figure out how it works. I want to share my experience with the developers of this project.

Andrey Dik:

Why won't the symbol in Market Watch be deleted? Neither programmatically nor manually. There's not a single chart open for this symbol.

Bild 1108.

Why won't the symbol be deleted?

Terminal complains about error "4305 - Error of adding or deleting symbol in MarketWatch".

trying to open an exe file, nothing happens, the script loads-unloads with no errors, no result, what's wrong?

#property copyright "Copyright 2014, MetaQuotes Software Corp."
#property link      "https://www.mql5.com"
#property version   "1.00"
#import  "shell32.dll"               //Подключим dll (входит в состав windows)       
  int ShellExecuteA(int hwnd,string Operation,string 
                    File,string Parameters,string Directory,int ShowCmd); 
#import
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Script program start function                                    |
void OnStart()
  {
//---

string Path="C:\\Windows\\System32\\";
int start = ShellExecuteA(0, "Open", "notepad.exe", "",
                      Path, 3);  
if (start<0) Alert("плохо");                       

}

Oleg Tsarkov:

trying to open an exe file, nothing happens, the script loads-unloads with no errors, no result, what's wrong?

Use ShellExecuteW, unicode strings

Renat Fatkhullin:
Use ShellExecuteW, unicode strings

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

got it)

Aleksandr Novikov:

Dear Experts, how to implement the function"Apply to: ..." in the custom MA indicator (attached) ? " ?

to be like in the standard Moving Average indicator -"Apply to: First Indikator's Data".

I asked this question on forums, nobody knows or says that this possibility isn't available in MQL.

And a question to developers - why the codes of built-in standard indicators are closed and they can't be modified?

Dear admins, can someone at least give me an answer?

Aleksandr Novikov:

Dear admins, can someone at least give me an answer?

Not an admin, but I'll try to answer the first question:"Apply to: ." in user code is replaced by iMAOnArray(), works the same way.

I tried to ask the second question too, with no answer. I think those indicators are modular and their fragments are located in the folder \Include where they are called by the terminal when necessary.

Service Desk is silent as usual, there seems to be a lot of requests.

I do not know if it is an error or not, but it is not convenient to use. When creating Expert Advisors, I place the code with source files in /MQL5/Projects and, when compiling the compiled EA, it goes to /MQL5/Experts. Everything works correctly according to the logical order of the file structure. However, I have found the compiled code in the Expert Advisor's source directory, i.e. /MQL5/Projects. The question is why it gets there; if there is some kind of error, the developers should probably fix it. If this is a logical behavior, I would like some clarifications from the developers.

OS Windows 8.1 x64

MT5 32bit, build 1108 , the same behaviour was observed in build 1085

ME build 1108

Reason: