Errors, bugs, questions - page 1160

Hello comrades.

I am with such a challenge.

I need to open a demo account in MT5 and connect to this account on my tablet, I have downloaded and installed the MT5 app for android.

The problem is: I have a demo account in MT5, but I can't connect to it on my tablet. When I try to do it I get the message - authorization failed.

I also tried to create a demo account on the tablet and then connect to it in MT5 on the computer, but it did not work either.

What may be the reason? Maybe I choose the wrong server? I downloaded the platform from Alpari broker.

Please advise me on the solution.

tuviran:

What could be the reason? Am I choosing the wrong server? I downloaded the platforms from the Alpari broker.

Can you suggest a solution?

Yes, most likely you have chosen a wrong server. I just checked with myself (on the server MetaQuotes-Demo) - it works

joo:

v4.3, custom firmware.

Main window is landscape position, other dialogs (orders) are portrait position. Annoying uncontrollable switching back and forth from main window to dialogs.

Was this problem on official firmware ? If not, try experimenting with the screen settings in the custom firmware

I'm wondering, has anyone tried working with BmpActiveName and BmpPassiveName methods ? I'm trying to assign pictures to the active and passive states of a button, but when I move the cursor over the button, no reaction. Maybe I misunderstand the concept of active and passive states?

alexl:
Was this problem on the official firmware? If not, try experimenting with the screen settings in the custom firmware
it was fine on the official firmware... but I don't know for sure, maybe the build of the terminal was different...

A request to the developers. Please add function to get reserve_size value of specified array, i.e. ArrayReserveSize(array). Otherwise, there is an inconvenience, if we pass this array to some function, which can change its size, but does not know anything about its reserve_size, and as a result we get unnecessary memory reallocation.

Or we can make it so that if in ArrayResize function the third parameter specifies -1 (i.e. ArrayResize(array, size, -1)), the previous reserve_size value is used.

And ideally we need ArrayCapacity and ArraySetCapacity functions to explicitly control the size of allocated memory for the array.

meat:

A wish to the developers. Please add function to get reserve_size value of specified array, i.e. ArrayReserveSize(array). Otherwise, there will be inconveniences if we pass this array to some function, which can change its size, but knows nothing about its reserve_size, and as a result we will get unnecessary memory reallocation.

Alternatively, we can make it so that if the ArrayResize function specifies -1 as the third parameter (i.e. ArrayResize(array, size, -1)), the previous reserve_size value is used.

And ideally you need ArrayCapacity and ArraySetCapacity functions to explicitly control the size of allocated memory for the array.

And what prevents you from declaring a constant this way:

#define MY_RESERVE_SIZE = 1000

And all the functions in your code know the reserve size. After all, no one will try to change the buffer size except you.

nav_soft:

And what prevents you from declaring a constant in this way:

#define MY_RESERVE_SIZE = 1000

And all the functions in your code know the reserve size. After all, no one will try to change the buffer size except you.

Why do you have to declare a constant? The value can be picked up at runtime. Also, the function can be universal, not tied to your specific array, and can be located in a separate module/library, so your macro is not really relevant there at all.

But that's not the point. So far, we have to make do with this: either create an additional variable for storing the value or pass it to a function as a separate parameter. And this is all an extra tambourine dance, which is what we are talking about.

meat:

A wish to the developers. Please add function to get reserve_size value of specified array, i.e. ArrayReserveSize(array). Otherwise, there will be inconveniences if we pass this array to some function, which can change its size, but knows nothing about its reserve_size, and as a result we will get unnecessary memory reallocation.

Or we can make it so that if in ArrayResize function the third parameter specifies -1 (i.e. ArrayResize(array, size, -1)), the previous reserve_size value is used.

And ideally we need ArrayCapacity and ArraySetCapacity functions to explicitly control the size of allocated memory for the array.

There is a standard CArray class and its derivatives for these tasks. Service bindings should be delegated to a higher, abstract level, which CArray does.

C-4:
There is a standard CArray class and its derivatives for these tasks. The service bindings need to be delegated to a higher, abstract level, which CArray does.

The CArray class is not a panacea, given that MQL does not support class patterns. Our array does not necessarily consist of simple types, and creating a complete structure of the CArray descendant for each new class in a program is not very interesting. Just look at how many lines of code each CArray descendant file takes (ArrayInt.mqh, ArrayDouble.mqh, etc.).

And how the program structure is organized is secondary. The point is that if there is some parameter that can be changed (in this case it is reserve_size), it should be possible to get it.

Reason: