This questions might be answered, but tried to find it and could not.
When I try to subscribe to signal it takes me to download the MT5, and I was trying to find my broker on MT5, but could not find.
I did subscribe on a free signal and install it on MT5, but that for a demo account from MT5. Am I missing something, or do I need to contact my broker?
If you want to subscribe to MT4 signal so you should have MT4 installed.And you can download MT4 from the broker's website only.
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)
Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.04.10 10:02
Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:
1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register
2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.
3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.
4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe.
5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.
6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.
7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:
8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.
9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty.
10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.
11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long.
12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.
13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.
14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.
15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.
16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service.
17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.
Thank you for this step by step instructions.
in step 4 when I click the link it just opens new window browser and takes me to mql5 website, which I have to download MT5.exe file and install it again.
Then your broker doesn't support signal copying.
Contact them and if this is the case, find another broker compatible with the signal you want to copy.
Check the slippage tab of the signal and you should choose a broker within the green values (best) or the upper yellow ones.
Check the slippage tab of the signal and you should choose a broker within the green values (best) or the upper yellow oY
Yes, I think so that the broker's MT4 doesn't support signal. I tried different broker and it works fine. Thank you.