Errors, bugs, questions - page 747

Can you tell me how to determine the upper and lower Bollinger lines ? By analogy withiMA wrote such a thing:

double   Bb[];
int      Bb_handle;

int OnInit()
{  BB_handle=iBands(_Symbol, PERIOD_H4, 20, 0, 1.5, PRICE_HIGH);
   return(0);
}

void OnTick()
{  CopyBuffer(BB_handle,0,0,20,Bb); ArraySetAsSeries(Bb,true);
   if (Bb[0]>Bb[1]) // --- Сравнение элементов массива UPPER band или LOW band ?
   {
      // some action.
   }
}

In its turn,the manual for iBands says: Note - Buffer numbers: 0 - BASE_LINE, 1 - UPPER_BAND, 2 - LOWER_BAND. But I can't figure out where to insert these values to get the upper/lower Bollinger.

Paladin80:

The iBandshandbook says: Note - Buffer numbers: 0 - BASE_LINE, 1 - UPPER_BAND, 2 - LOWER_BAND. Just can't figure out where to insert these values to get the upper/lower Bollinger.

Read the help for CopyBuffer.

the buffer is specified there, not in iBands

Manov:

Documentation :ChartTimePriceToXY andChartXYToTimePrice descriptions are mixed up. I have to change it...

Thanks for the observation. The description will be corrected.

Paladin80:

Can you tell me how to determine the upper and lower Bollinger lines ? By analogy withiMA wrote such a thing:

In its turn,the manual for iBands says: Note - Buffer numbers: 0 - BASE_LINE, 1 - UPPER_BAND, 2 - LOWER_BAND. Just can't figure out where to insert these values to get the upper/lower Bollinger.

indicator buffer for the upper one in one array and for the lower one in another

0 - BASE_LINE, 1 - UPPER_BAND, 2 - LOWER_BAND

you can make it two-dimensional for simplicity and with

use as you like

Setup question.

Service-parameters-objects-show parameters after creation.

After creation, the parameters open immediately, very convenient.

But after copying (with Ctrl pressed), the parameters will not open.

Is it meant to be like this?

I suggest to add one more checkbox - to show parameters after copying.

The MetaTrader terminal has a news section (calendar), can I get an archive of the news that comes in MetaTrader, I am not interested in other brokers' news

Tester, build 655.

Test result is significantly different from previous builds, all other things being equal. Tested on two machines (w7 x64, XP x32). And on different Expert Advisors.

Application to the SD.

... Checked out: #392057

Ashes:

Tester, build 655.

Test result is significantly different from previous builds, all other things being equal. Tested on two machines (w7 x64, XP x32). And on different Expert Advisors.

Application to the SD.

... Checked out: #392057

The application has been accepted. Several bugs have been fixed in the tester, leading to a discrepancy between the optimisation and single test results.

Therefore, it is up to you (as the author of the EA) to provide evidence that the new build has not been entered (or exited) correctly. The sooner you do this, the better for everyone. This is much harder for us than for you, the author.

stringo:

The application has been accepted. Several bugs have been fixed in the tester, leading to a discrepancy between the optimisation and single test results.

Therefore, it is up to you (as the author of the EA) to provide evidence that the new build has not been entered (or exited) correctly. The sooner you do this, the better for everyone. This is much harder for us than for you, the author.

I want to note that the results of optimization and single testing in build 642, with the same testing parameters, coincided in most cases and the result in this particular case was 5605.09. In build 665, the result of both single testing and optimization was 7175.27. The history of tools involved in the testing period, as far as I understood, did not change.

Silent:

Gunn's fan.

If the second anchor point is in the future, the angle changes.

Also, this object has some problems with copying (with Ctrl pressed). Very often it doesn't copy, but drags the original, and it takes the third or fifth tries to copy.

I wrote to SD, the answer is

Построение Веера Ганна происходит с помощью двух точек, расположенных на линии 
тренда 1 х1, которые можно перемещать с помощью мыши. Точки нельзя располагать 
в будущем, построение должно производиться только на барах истории. 
При построении рядом со второй точкой показывается количество баров, 
оно будет использовано для расчета угла по заданному в настройках соотношению. 
Легко заметить, что при построении в будущем количество баров не увеличивается, 
т.к. для расчетов используются только реально существующие бары.

But when scaling in pips per bar is not enough the first price/bar point and the next bar (-N)? The price there can be recalculated through the number given in the scaling.

Let it change if the scale is not given, as it is now - but it will be correct if it is given.

Or am I missing something else?

Reason: