Damned Martin - page 22

khorosh:
Is the EA trending? I wonder why the Brexit period, when the pound was wobbling in June, went through without any problems, but in September it went through a drawdown.
It needs either a flat or a trend, it switches itself, but in September there was a sharp drop, and then some kind of a flat drop, it missed the profit and turned around with a set of lots and was flat again, it did not know what to do, flipped in different directions, but there was no movement, so it was a kind of a saw.

Vitaly Muzichenko:
It needs either a flat or a trend, it switches itself, but in September there was a sharp drop and then a peculiar flat drop, it missed the profit and reversed with a set of lots and went flat again, it did not know what to do, the poor guy was flipping in different directions, but there was no movement, so it was a kind of a saw.
We should introduce some neutral zone between the flat and the trend where the Expert Advisor will not trade. Does the switch to another strategy happen after the orders of the previous strategy are closed or without waiting for them? Do you use the indicator to determine the flat trend? I have tried to combine trend and counter-trend strategies but I failed. Well done, if it works for a year, it means I managed to combine it successfully. How often do you optimize?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Well this is not from the tester, there are no pair closes, depo $ 500 (cent), period of work - 1 year and 14 days, pairs in work - 22, the initial lot - 0.1, then in July raised to 0.2. I got into drawdown with 0.2 lot just on the night fall of the pound in September, and everything was fine, until the force majeure.

I don't get it, is it a regular monkey? No newcomers??? Have you been in the market for over a year with it?

Or a semi-automatic? Keeping an eye on it?

Ivan Butko:
I don't get it, is it a regular monkey? No newborns? Have you been in the market for more than a year with it?

Or a semi-automatic? Keeping track of it?
I did the run with a start of 10000 units (cents), you can't disable dynamic lot yet. Reinvestment is set by Risk parameter, if it is set to zero, then StartLot parameter is used

khorosh:
We need to introduce some kind of neutral transition zone between the flat and the trend, where the Expert Advisor does not trade at all. Do you switch to another strategy after the orders of the previous strategy are closed or without waiting for them? Do you use the indicator to determine the flat trend? I have tried to combine trend and counter-trend strategies but I failed. Well done, if it works for a year, it means I managed to combine it successfully. How often do you optimize?
My trading robot does not have any optimisation at all, it even does not work in the tester. It works with levels, the levels are determined by the principle of the script that you wrote me, but the levels are only taken from 3-5 pairs, it has a very complex structure. They tried to start one here, but I don't know how it worked out.

Vitaly Muzichenko:
In general, there is no optimisation on the machine, it doesn't even work in the tester. It works on levels, levels are determined on the principle of the script you wrote me, but only levels are taken from 3-5 pairs, it has a very complex design. They tried to start it here but I don't know how it worked out.
I do not know how one can put a real EA that has not been tested in the tester. Have you been using the demo for a long time or have you been confident in the algorithm?

khorosh:
I don't know how you can put an EA that has not been tested in the tester on the real market. Have you been using the demo for a long time or were you confident in the algorithm?
You've been dealing with forex for years, surely you know that the market is constantly changing and from time to time it is very noticeable. While you are testing in the tester, then the market will change on the demo and the moment you put it for real, it will start to go down the drain at the speed of thought. IMHO.

Alexey Viktorov:
You've been trading forex for more than a year, you probably know that the market is constantly changing and periodically it is very noticeable. So, while you are testing in the tester, then the market will change on the demo and exactly at the moment when you put it on the real one, it will start to drain at the speed of thought. IMHO.
If the robot behaves that way, it means that somebody made it wrong.

trader781:
If the robot behaves like this, it means that someone has done it wrong.
Look at the registration date of khorosh : and compare it with your own. I didn't say it exactly right. I should have written "second decade..." Although that won't save you from such judgements either.

Alexey Viktorov:
Look at khorosh :'s registration date and compare it with yours. I didn't put it accurately. I should have written "second decade..." Although that won't save you from such judgements either.
Maybe it wasn't exactly accurate. But my post was not addressed to him.
Reason: